|Kid Icarus: Uprising|
Palutena's Temple as it appears in Smash.
|Appears in||SSB4 (Wii U)|
|Crate type||Presents (Wii U)|
Bolded tracks must be unlocked
|for Wii U||Boss Fight 1 (Kid Icarus: Uprising)|
In the Space-Pirate Ship
Wrath of the Reset Bomb
Lightning Chariot Base
Dark Pit's Theme
Hades's Infernal Theme
Thunder Cloud Temple
|Ultimate||Kid Icarus series music|
Main: Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
Alternate: Destroyed Skyworld
|Smash 4||Singles: Banned|
|Article on Icaruspedia||Palutena's Temple|
Palutena's Temple (エンジェランド, Angel Land) is a stage that appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from the Kid Icarus series. It depicts a stage from the original Kid Icarus with updated looks derived from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The stage was designed for 8-Player Smash, but is playable in normal Smash as well. In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Dark Pit is fought here for his unlocking battle and in Ultimate, Palutena is fought here for her unlocking battle.
The stage is similar to New Pork City in concept - it is primarily composed of a wide assortment of medium-sized platforms strewn around a very large playing field.
The two upper areas have the largest terrain. A bridge connects these areas, which can be destroyed, except in 8-Player Smash. Above the bridge is a hazard in the form of a spike-studded platform suspended by a chain, which slowly moves left and right.
In the top-left is a mini-stage that is very close to the top blast line. After enough time passes, it will go above the top blast line, dropping off any fighters on it. On the top-right part of the stage, when the platform floats to the top, three platforms appear for a while and then disappear when the platform is ready to float down.
In the bottom-left zone are a couple of springs inside a cave reminiscent of the bottom area of Temple, with a spiked mace ball in the center of the area. On the left of this area, a ledge occasionally extends out of the wall, potentially boosting recovery. The bottom-right area is mostly blank space with several platforms, reminiscent of the Maze Sample Stage from Brawl.
Pit is able to activate his Smash Taunt, Palutena's Guidance, on this stage, in both Smash 4 and Ultimate. When it is activated, several characters (primarily Pit and Palutena) will have a conversation about a random opponent, similarly to Snake's Codec Conversations on Shadow Moses Island. The Smash Taunt is not available on the battlefield or Ω forms.
Ω forms and Battlefield form
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the Ω form is a stage with the design of the rising platform in front of Palutena's statue from the normal form albeit larger, set in front of the same statue.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Ω form and Battlefield form are similar to SSB4's Ω form; however, the main platform is resized and reshaped to match Final Destination and Battlefield, respectively. The three soft platforms of the Battlefield form are based on the yellow stone platforms in the normal form that are found more prominently in the upper left portion.
With hazards off in Ultimate, several changes are made:
- The trampolines are removed.
- The floating mace spike in the bottom left room, the cliffside spike in the middle, and the moving spike-studded platform above the bridge are removed completely.
- The top-left mini-stage stays on the field and never floats away.
- The platform atop the cliff on the right never floats upwards, and the three platforms never appear above it.
- The three moving platforms in the middle section stay in place.
- No cloud platforms ever appear.
- Although the bridge retains its hurtbox, it will never break.
Palutena's Temple is where the goddess Palutena lives. In the original Kid Icarus, (under the title Palace in the Sky) Medusa usurped control of the palace and captured Palutena, prompting Pit to rescue her.
In Kid Icarus: Uprising, however, this is also where she is fought as a boss. Here, she is possessed by the Chaos Kin, a chaotic entity that sought to create disaster by controlling the goddess and eventually eating her soul, which it nearly succeeded in doing. However, Pit was able to stop the creature with the assistance of Viridi and Phosphora. The boss battle was notably unique, as Pit had to avoid harming Palutena throughout the fight while focusing all of his attention on the Chaos Kin. Pit also had to fight hordes of his own former allies, the Centurions, in order to reach Palutena. It is also the location of the Capricorn Club, the tenth Zodiac Weapon.
The stage is banned in tournaments primarily due to its extremely large size, which makes camping almost certain. Other factors include the stage hazards (spikes) and the walls and other objects which can create caves of life. It also takes a while for players to reach their opponents.
The Palutena's Temple trophy is part of the Kid Icarus: Uprising Trophy Box.
- Palutena's Temple
- In the Kid Icarus series, Skyworld is where gods and angels live in harmony. Late in the story of Kid Icarus: Uprising, however, it falls apart, and the ruins of Palutena's Temple have become a stage to battle on. The bridge can be destroyed, splitting the stage in two, but you can still cross the gap using clouds or moving platforms.
- : Kid Icarus (08/1987)
- : Kid Icarus: Uprising (03/2012)
- In the Kid Icarus series, Skyworld is where gods and angels live in harmony. Late in the story of Kid Icarus: Uprising, however, it falls apart, and the ruins of Palutena's Temple have become a stage in this game. The bridge can be destroyed, splitting the stage in two, but you can still cross the gap using clouds or moving platforms.
- : Kid Icarus (02/1987)
- : Kid Icarus: Uprising (03/2012)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
A close up of the statue of Lady Palutena.
Robin with her Levin Sword as an item.
Bayonetta teetering on the upper right hand corner cloud platform.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Chrom taunting on the stage.
Solo, Erdrick, and Eight on the stage.
Scottish Steve, Swedish Alex, Zombie, and Enderman on the stage.
Names in other languages
- With the exception of the song "Weyard" from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, all music tracks on this stage in for Wii U are from Kid Icarus: Uprising. This is the most songs from a single game to be available on a single stage, at 9 tracks.
- In Ultimate, the following Assist Trophies cannot appear on this stage: the Moon, Tiki, Kapp'n, Devil, Nikki, Arcade Bunny and Rathalos. Additionally, the following Poké Ball Pokémon cannot be summoned: Alolan Exeggutor, Lunala and Marshadow.
- Any Spirit Battles that use this stage only utilizes its Battlefield form; its normal and Ω forms are not used at all.
|Kid Icarus universe|
|Fighters||Pit (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Palutena (SSB4 · SSBU) · Dark Pit (SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Assist Trophies||Magnus · Phosphora|
|Stages||Skyworld · Reset Bomb Forest · Palutena's Temple|
|Items||Back Shield · Daybreak · Killer Eye · Ore Club · X Bomb · Staff|
|Enemies||Boom Stomper · Bumpety Bomb · Clubberskull · Daphne · Flage · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Mahva · Megonta · Mimicutie · Monoeye · Nutski · Orne · Reaper & Reapette · Skuttler · Souflee · Zuree|
|Other||Centurion · Viridi|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|