Reset Bomb Forest
|Kid Icarus: Uprising|
Reset Bomb Forest
Reset Bomb Forest in Smash.
|Appears in||SSB4 (3DS)|
|Maximum players||4 (3DS)|
Bolded tracks must be unlocked
|for 3DS||Main: Wrath of the Reset Bomb|
Alternate: Dark Pit's Theme
|Ultimate||Kid Icarus series music|
Main: Wrath of the Reset Bomb
Alternate: Dark Pit's Theme
|Smash 4||Singles: Banned|
|Article on Icaruspedia||Reset Bomb Forest|
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Ultimate, Dark Pit is fought here for his unlocking battle. Additionally, the castle part is where the Kid Icarus-themed Vs. Enemy Team final battle in Smash Run takes place.
The stage alternates between two layouts. The first part is set in the ruins of a castle, with two main platforms which reach the lower blast line. They are separated by a pit with a wooden soft platform over it. On the right side there are two other similar platforms, one above the other. In the background a fierce battle is taking place.
After approximately a minute, a projection of Viridi appears in the distance, says "Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!" and drops a massive Reset Bomb on the battlefield in the background. In for 3DS, she appears as a static image, while in Ultimate, she has a fully animated 3D model. The explosion engulfs the stage, destroying the castle and creating a white flash; at this point, the stage vanishes, and the players fight on an invisible platform with the lower blast line becoming temporarily inaccessible.
In the aftermath, the players are inside the titular forest that the bomb created, and what appears to be the ruins of the castle can be used as erratic platforms, with the upper-left portion being destructible (seen in the picture in the shape of a tilted "C"). A Lurchthorn can be seen flying near the lower blast line, which hurts and deals moderate vertical knockback to whoever touches it.
When played online in For Fun, some of the platforms in the stage's destroyed version are removed and the Lurchthorn does not appear.
After another minute, Viridi says "Go! Stubborn vermin!" and another flash occurs, bringing the stage back to the "invisible platform" phase. Afterwards, the stage is reset to its original conformation.
Ω forms and Battlefield form
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the Ω form is set only in the castle variation. The main platform is a completely flat and extended version of the two main bottom platforms of the normal form.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Ω form and Battlefield form are similar to SSB4's Ω form; however, the main platform does not extend below the blast line and is resized and reshaped to match Final Destination and Battlefield, respectively. The three soft platforms of the Battlefield form are based on the wood platforms of the normal form.
With hazards turned off in Ultimate, the stage remains in the castle area for the entire match.
During the tenth chapter of Kid Icarus: Uprising, the evil god of the underworld, Hades, seeking to obtain as many souls as possible for his own power, sparks a war between human forces over the Wish Seed, which he claims to be able to grant wishes but actually has no power whatsoever. During the following chapter, Pit and Palutena attempt to intervene. In the eleventh chapter, the war is interrupted when an unexpected third party, the Goddess of Nature, Viridi, drops a "Reset Bomb" on the humans in retaliation for their disturbing the delicate balance of nature with their wars and conflicts. The bomb annihilates both armies and causes a warped forest to grow over their battlefield, returning the human city to a more natural state as Viridi intended. Pit battles through the forest to a confrontation with Viridi's general, Cragalanche.
In chapter eleven, enemies known as Lurchthorns make their first appearance in the game. They are flying enemies whose body consist of segments that act as cannons. In this stage, a Lurchthorn, which acts as a stage hazard, can be seen flying.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Names in other languages
- In Ultimate, the left hand side of the wall behind the castle in the first phase is not modelled, and neither is a section of ground in front of it. This can be seen using the in-game camera controls.
- In early builds of Smash 4, Viridi's art on the stage was much smaller, and it also featured roses in her headband.
- When played on this stage in Smash 4, the track Wrath of the Reset Bomb syncs with the events on the stage; as a result, pausing the game causes the track to stop playing until unpaused. This is probably in reference to Kid Icarus: Uprising, where the music was synced up with the flight portions. Additionally, it only happens on the normal version of the stage, not the Ω form, and does not occur in Ultimate at all.
- If a match played on this stage lags heavily, the stage will transition at earlier times than usual to keep up with the music track.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, this stage features the highest zoom capability when using the pause screen's Camera.
- The Reset Bomb Forest castle ruins are visible in the background of the unnamed arena where Ganon is fought in Classic Mode and Adventure Mode: World of Light.
- In Ultimate, the transitioning sound effects have different files for the Japanese language in addition to Viridi's voice clips, despite the files themselves being completely identical to the international counterparts.
- In Ultimate, the following Assist Trophies cannot appear on this stage: Skull Kid, the Moon, Tiki, Ashley, Kapp'n, Devil, Nikki (due to the dark background obscuring her drawings), Squid Sisters and Rathalos. Additionally, the following Poké Ball Pokémon cannot be summoned: Alolan Exeggutor, Moltres, Lugia, Kyogre, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Kyurem, Xerneas and Marshadow.
- In the English-language version of Ultimate, to match with the redubbing of Palutena's Guidance, Viridi's voice clips (reused audio from Kid Icarus: Uprising by Hynden Walch) were re-recorded by Dayci Brookshire.
|Kid Icarus universe|
|Fighters||Pit (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Palutena (SSB4 · SSBU) · Dark Pit (SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Assist Trophies||Magnus · Phosphora|
|Stages||Skyworld · Reset Bomb Forest · Palutena's Temple|
|Items||Back Shield · Daybreak · Killer Eye · Ore Club · X Bomb · Staff|
|Enemies||Boom Stomper · Bumpety Bomb · Clubberskull · Daphne · Flage · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Mahva · Megonta · Mimicutie · Monoeye · Nutski · Orne · Reaper & Reapette · Skuttler · Souflee · Zuree|
|Other||Centurion · Viridi|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|