Nikki as she appears in Nikki's Travel Quiz.
|Smash Bros. appearances||Ultimate|
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Swapdoodle (2016)|
|Console/platform of origin||Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo eShop)|
|Designed by||Kotori (human design)|
|Article on MiiWiki||Nikki|
Nikki (ニッキー, Nikki) is a character making her debut as the female host and mascot of Nintendo's messaging applications, Swapnote and Swapdoodle. Originally created to give tips and rewards, she has since appeared in other Nintendo media, such as Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, the Japanese Nintendo News Section, a costume in Super Mario Maker, and her stand-alone game Nikki's Travel Quiz.
In Swapnote, Nikki (as a Mii) would introduce the player to the application, give tips, encourage the player, and provide Nintendo-related news updates - when the app closed, she sent players a goodbye letter. She later appeared in Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! where she would give an art lesson on drawing a Goomba as Spotpass DLC. Nikki performs the same roles as her two previous appearances in Swapdoodle. She has since appeared in the Japanese Nintendo News Section and her own title Nikki's Travel Quiz, being redesigned from a Mii to a 2D illustration, and given two new friends: a panda and a cat. (the latter of whom is depicted in her Spirit artwork) After the discontinuation of the Nintendo 3DS, she has seemingly been phased out in favor of another, similarly designed, mascot character named Amelia N., who informs players of new features introduced in hardware updates on the Nintendo Switch news tab through articles written in-character.
Nikki's design is based on her 2D look as opposed to her Mii appearance. She is located on the bottom left of the screen while drawing, similar to her appearance when drawing in Swapnote.
As an Assist Trophy
|“||The host of Swapnote on the Nintendo 3DS system joins the battle. Her drawings all look very cute—but they still do serious damage, so be careful!||”|
|—Super Smash Blog, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Official Site|
Nikki appears as an Assist Trophy. When summoned, she draws a picture using her pencil, which attacks players. Nikki will draw 3 pictures total, with a seemingly random order chosen, and each drawing being different. Afterwards, she waves before disappearing.
- Bullet Bill: Deals strong damage and knockback as it rushes off stage
- Monster: Breathes fire, dealing strong damage and knockback. Fire can be angled up or down
- Ghost: Chases after foes and paralyzes them
- Flock of Birds: Charges upwards towards opponents, launching them vertically
- Pinwheel: Spins, blowing opponents away
- Smash Ball: She draws a Smash Ball which fighters can attack to activate their Final Smash.
She cannot appear on 75m, Balloon Fight, Boxing Ring, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Dracula's Castle, Final Destination, Find Mii, Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, Frigate Orpheon, Gamer, Gaur Plain, Jungle Japes, Kalos Pokémon League, Kongo Jungle, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Mario Bros., Mementos, Midgar, Minecraft World, Mishima Dojo, New Pork City, Norfair, Pac-Land, Palutena's Temple, PictoChat 2, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Reset Bomb Forest, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Super Mario Maker, Suzaku Castle, The Great Cave Offensive, Umbra Clock Tower, Unova Pokémon League, Venom, WarioWare, Inc., Wii Fit Studio, Wily Castle, and Wrecking Crew. Most of these stages have dark backgrounds which would obscure her drawings, making them harder to avoid.
|1,260||Nikki||★★★||1||Shield Durability ↑||Swapnote Series |
Nintendo Letter Box Series
Nikki as a Mii Gunner in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS alongside Takamaru.
Nikki on Jungle Japes, a stage where she ironically cannot be summoned on.
Nikki drawing a monster on Spirit Train.
Names in other languages
|Chinese (Traditional)||妮琪, Nikki|
- Despite debuting as a Mii, Nikki is the first Assist Trophy to not originate from a video game, instead appearing from a messaging application.
- Though she does not otherwise appear in Super Smash Bros. 4, official artwork of Nikki as a Mii Gunner was created as a promotion for the game's amiibo.
- Nikki is the only Assist Trophy that cannot be used in Ultimate's Final Destination. This could be because her drawings would be difficult to see due to the stage's dark background.
- Despite this, she can still be summoned in Final Destination's Battlefield form.
- Nikki is the only method to make a Smash Ball appear outside of the item randomly spawning.
- She is also the only assist character with this trait. However, she is the second assist character to be a method of getting a Final Smash, the first being Victini.
- Formerly, a glitch would occur on skirted characters where the pinwheel would cause their skirts to be distorted due to the windbox. This was fixed in 3.0.0.
- Since her appearance on the lower left-hand corner is fixed no matter how the camera moves, Camera Controls are unavailable when the player pauses the match.
- Her function as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate is similar to the bosses Ado and Adeleine from the Kirby series; all of these characters remain away from the battlefield, instead drawing a series of foes to fight in their stead.