Official artwork of Elec Man from Rockman Complete Works.
|Mega Man (1987)
|Smash Bros. appearances
|Most recent non-Smash appearance
|Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (2017)
|Console/platform of origin
|Nintendo Entertainment System
Elec Man (エレキマン, Elecman) is a character from the Mega Man universe who appears in Super Smash Bros. 4 as an Assist Trophy. When summoned, Elec Man runs and jumps about the stage, unleashing multiple Thunder Beam attacks. He fires three balls of electricity (one straight up, one straight down, and one forwards) that paralyze whoever it hits. Much like Mega Man, he uses his proportions from his original NES sprite rather than those of the official artwork.
Elec Man is one of the six (eight in Mega Man Powered Up) Robot Masters in Mega Man. Like most of the other Robot Masters, Elec Man was created by Dr. Light, Mega Man's creator, as an advanced humanoid robot to perform industrial tasks. In particular, he was designed to control energy usage in Nuclear Power Plants, and was often hailed as one of Dr. Light's greatest creations due to his razor-sharp calculation and judgment. However, he was reprogrammed by Dr. Light's former friend turned enemy Dr. Wily, as part of his plan to conquer the world due to his jealousy of Light's success.
Elec Man's weapon of choice is the Thunder Beam, which fires an electric jolt in front of him. When Mega Man uses the weapon, he fires three electric jolts simultaneously above, below, and in front of him, much like the version of the attack in Smash. As with other Robot Masters, Mega Man acquires this weapon upon defeating Elec Man, functioning the same way. It is recommended to fight Elec Man after Cut Man, as he is weak to the Rolling Cutter (or in Mega Man Powered Up, Oil Man's weapon, the Oil Slider). It is recommended to then fight Ice Man (or Time Man in Mega Man Powered Up) as they are weak to thunder beam in their respective games. If Elec Man is defeated with only the Mega Buster in Mega Man Powered Up, he can then be used as a playable character.
As an Assist Trophy
Elec Man makes his Smash Bros. debut as an Assist Trophy in the fourth game of the series. When summoned, he will run and jump around the stage, occasionally sending out jolts of electricity in any of three directions: directly above him, directly below him, or directly in front of him. On some occasions, he will blast more than one in different directions, and rarely one in all three. If a jolt collides with an opponent, they will take damage and high knockback, enough to KO at the 70-90% range. These projectiles can be reflected. He will flinch if he is attacked, and attacking him enough will cause him to leave the stage early.
- Elec Man
- A robot created to help manage the power at nuclear plants. He specializes in directing power flow, handling levels of energy that would short out lesser robots. When he is called into battle, he'll zip around while firing his Thunder Beam in all directions. Don't get zapped!
- : Mega Man (12/1987)
- A robot created to control the voltage of nuclear power plants. He's sharp, speedy, and excels at commanding electrical currents (an unexpected forte for a robot). When you call on him in this game, he'll zip around, firing his Thunder Beam up, down and straight ahead. Anyone hit by the beam will be in for a shock!
- : Mega Man (12/1989)
Elec Man does not return as an Assist Trophy, instead appearing as a spirit.
|Electric Attack ↑
|Mega Man Series
Elec Man as he appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Names in other languages
- Elec Man is the only third-party Assist Trophy in the series that doesn't return in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Elec Man is the only Robot Master from the first Mega Man game whose stage music doesn't have a remix in Ultimate.
- Elec Man and Magnus are the only two new Assist Trophies in SSB4 to neither appear in Ultimate as playable characters nor returning Assist Trophies. They do appear as spirits in Ultimate, however.
|Mega Man universe
|Mega Man (SSB4 · SSBU)
|Elec Man · Wily Capsule · Zero
|Bass · Energy Tank · MegaMan.EXE · MegaMan Volnutt · Proto Man · Star Force Mega Man · X · Yellow Devil
|Trophies and Spirits
|Trophies · Spirits
|SSB4 · Ultimate
|Mega Man 2