Official artwork of Midna from Hyrule Warriors.
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Debut||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||Brawl|
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (2018)|
|Console/platform of origin||Wii|
|Place of origin||Twilight Realm|
|Voice actor||Akiko Kōmoto|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Midna|
Midna (ミドナ, Midna) is a major character in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Midna originates from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, where she is one of the main characters. She assists Link on his quest, especially when he is Wolf Link, through giving him tips and helping him with her abilities.
Initially a hostile and manipulative character when she and Link meet, Midna forces Link in helping her find parts of a dark relic called the Fused Shadows. Midna's motives and true identity are revealed later on in the game; she was the ruler of the Twilight realm (thus, she is called the "Twilight Princess"), but was transformed and banished by a jealous Zant. Knowing who Link was all along, she initially used him to get revenge, but ultimately stopped her agenda after realizing how selfish she had been. Her change of heart is further shown when near the end of the game, she warps Link and Zelda out to the Eldin province of Hyrule Field to safety. Thought to have been killed in her battle to end Ganon, Midna was later revived and restored to her true form. Afterwards, she bids Link and Zelda farewell.
In Twilight Princess, one of such abilities is changing her hair into the shape of a hand and using it to grab objects. The only instance in which this is used to physically grab enemies is during the battle against Ganon. Her hair-hand is used more extensively as a weapon in her Hyrule Warriors appearance.
Midna appears by name in the title of Midna's Lament, an unlockable musical track playable on the Bridge of Eldin stage. Also, she appears in two trophies, and two stickers, though one is alongside Wolf Link.
- A mysterious masked being. Midna was a princess in the Twilight Realm who was transformed into an imp by Zant. Midna's personality is characterized by a sharp tongue and a tendency to act on whims. Midna pairs with Link to save the world. She also possesses powerful magic skills, such as the ability to warp through space.
- A mysterious masked being. Midna was a princess in the Twilight Realm who was transformed into an imp by Zant. Midna's personality is characterized by a sharp tongue and a tendency to act on a whim. Midna pairs with Link to save the world. She also possesses powerful magic skills, such as the ability to warp through space.
- : The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
|Midna||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess||-50|
|Midna & Wolf Link||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess||Attack +26|
(Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Midna & Wolf Link
(Zelda: Twilight Princess)
As an Assist Trophy
Midna appears as an Assist Trophy. She stays in place and attacks nearby players with her hair extended into an arm form, grabbing and throwing anything she can get at. If there are no nearby enemies, Midna will teleport closer. If forced offstage, she will teleport back onstage again. As Midna's attacks are considered grabs, players cannot shield to avoid her attacks, though they can be dodged. Getting grabbed and thrown deals 20% damage total. However, she can be attacked, and eventually defeated. Attacking her constantly can stunlock her for long enough that she disappears without retaliating.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, if Midna is summoned on Rainbow Road and falls off, she may get bugged and constantly attempt to teleport back onstage unsuccessfully, causing her giggling voice line to loop until she disappears.
- Midna is a descendant of the Twili and comes from the Twilight World. She doesn't mind getting a bit bossy with Link, and though she offers to help him, her motives are unclear. Try to ignore her dismissive attitude—maybe she just has trouble showing her true self.
- Midna is a descendant of the Twili and comes from the Twilight Realm. She doesn't mind getting a bit bossy with Link, and though she offers to help him, her motives are unclear. Try to ignore her dismissive attitude—maybe she just has trouble showing her true self.
- : The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (11/2006)
- A girl from the Twilight Realm who seems to look down on the world from a very high horse. She helps Link while he's a wolf, but it's clear she has some kind of ulterior motive. Still, there's more to her than meets the eye, and she and Link eventually come to understand one another.
- : The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (12/2006)
As an Assist Trophy
Midna returns as an Assist Trophy, functioning identically to how she did in Smash 4, albeit KOing now earns a point. Training Mode describes her Assist Trophy with the following: Warps around the stage, grabbing and throwing opponents with a powerful swing. She cannot be summoned on Golden Plains, Green Hill Zone, Midgar, Skyloft, and Spirit Train.
Midna in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Names in other languages