Artwork of a Blue Bubble from Ocarina of Time.
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Bubble|
Bubbles (バブル, Bubble) are enemies from The Legend of Zelda series.
Bubbles, winged skulls engulfed in flames, have appeared in nearly every game in the Zelda series: their Smash design is based on that of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Usually they curse Link on contact, preventing him from using his sword. Ice Bubbles, which appeared in Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, had the ability to freeze.
Bubbles appear as enemies. They fly around and attack by ramming into the player. They come in two varieties, with identical behavior but different effects:
- Red Bubbles: covered in flames, they cause burning on contact and are weak to freezing and electric attacks, as well as the water from Greninja's attacks.
- Blue Bubbles: surrounded by chilling light blue flames, they cause freezing on contact and are weak to fire.
Hitting a Bubble with the element they are weak to will extinguish their flames and knock them to the ground, if they survive the attack. Bubbles are otherwise highly resistant to flinching, and their constantly-damaging nature makes them hard to attack directly without being damaged.
- A skull wreathed in flames. If that wasn't hardcore enough for you, in Brawl they'd leave a curse on anyone who touched them. In Smash Run, the red ones attack with shocks and are weak against ice, and the blue ones attack with ice and are weak against fire. Just keep that in mind when you're taking them on, and you'll be fine.
- A skull wreathed in flames. If that wasn't hardcore enough for you, in many Zelda games, they'll leave a curse on anyone who touches them. In Smash Run, the red kind attacks with shocks and is weak to ice, and the blue kind attacks with ice and is weak to fire. Just keep that in mind while taking them on and you'll be fine.
- Bubble's trophy claims that the enemy appeared in Brawl, and even lists a supposed action it could perform on players. Bubbles, however, did not appear in any capacity in Brawl, and they do not even have unused data within the game. This stems from a mistranslation of the original Japanese line, which actually referred to their role in the original The Legend of Zelda: 原作では、触れると剣が抜けなくなる等、呪われたような状態になる。, meaning "In the original game, when you touched them, you'd be placed under a curse where you couldn't take your sword out." The reference to Brawl is amended to refer to the Zelda series in the PAL version.
- The trophy also shows green and white Bubbles, which do not appear in Smash Run at all.
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|