A Glice in Brawl.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Level(s) appears in||The Research Facility II|
The Glacial Peak
The Great Maze
Glice's name is a combination of the words glare, referring to its wide open eyes, and ice, referring to its freezing attack.
The Glice debuted in Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It looks like a medium-sized black tire with an eye in the middle. It moves around the stage by rolling along floors, walls, and ceilings, although it will be knocked down by attacks. When approached by a Smasher, Glices will stop and release an ice attack which freezes the character. While a player would instinctively try to break free quickly, a Glice will not attack a frozen character, and getting out of the ice as fast as possible usually just allows the Glice to attack again. Glices near pits can be very dangerous, as they can cause frozen players to fall down and be KO'd at low damage.
- A soldier in the Subspace Army that moves easily up walls and slopes alike. Like a Glire, it sheds its outer shells to attack, but it releases waves of bitter cold instead of fire. This attack will freeze the player in a lump of ice if it hits. To escape quickly, move the Control Stick rapidly back and forth. This combative enemy will attack whenever it can.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Glices return as enemies, keeping their Brawl behavior.
- A rotating enemy that likes to follow the terrain. The blue one is called Glice. It'll release a blast of icy damage if fighters wander too close, freezing them if they are caught in it. Quickly wiggle around to break free. Use fire attacks against it—it has a weakness to them!
- Glices will hit you with an ice attack if you get too close. What they lack in attack range, they make up for in speed, so watch out or you'll end up frozen solid! If that happens, do some wiggling around to recover. Glices are weak against fire, so if you can, hit them with something hot.
A Glice with Ryu.
- Glice are the only enemies in the Subspace Emissary mode that specifically resist freezing attacks.
- Glice are the last enemies to be introduced in the Subspace Emissary, making their first appearance in The Research Facility (Part II).
Names in other languages
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|