Two Floows in the Subspace Emissary.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Level(s) appears in||The Ruined Zoo|
The Glacial Peak
Battleship Halberd Interior
The Subspace Bomb Factory II
Entrance to Subspace
The Great Maze
When a Floow suddenly appears, it looks like a large, indefinite black cloud. After a brief time, it takes form as a slim, tall, humanoid shape made of separate gray rectangles, with two small red eyes that get brighter when it attacks. The rectangles get more distant as the Floow takes damage, thus widening its figure. Its trophy describes it as "a ghost patched with strips of darkness".
In the Subspace Emissary
A Floow's attack (some sort of scream or lament) is a multi-hit move that deals medium damage and decent knockback on the last hit. It is possible for multiple Floows to attack at alternate times to deal even more damage to the player, however the finishing hit from one typically launches the player out of the other's attack.
Floow's attack consists of six consecutive hits, followed by a stronger one that inflicts vertical knockback:
- Easy: 1.5% per hit, 6% last, 15% combined.
- Normal: 3.5% per hit, 10% last, 31% combined.
- Hard: 4.5% per hit, 12% last, 39% combined.
- Very Hard: 6.5% per hit, 16% last, 55% combined.
- Intense: 8.5% per hit, 20% last, 71% combined.
A particular annoyance of the Floow is its ability to steadily regain health, although it cannot move or attack while healing. The required time for a complete healing varies with the difficulty, from four seconds on Easy to less than two seconds on Intense. Sufficiently weakened Floows can be turned into a trophy with the use of a Trophy Stand, but precise aiming and timing may be required as the Floows float around. Floows are also completely immune to absorbable attacks; such attacks will simply vanish on contact and not do anything.
Its name is a corruption of the word "flow", which describes the way it moves.
- An enemy that might be described as a ghost patched with strips of darkness. A Floow will float in the air and attack nastily from behind. Harboring pent-up resentment, a Floow's cries reveal one part sadness, one part madness. This especially hits home when gazing into its ghastly red eyes. After taking a certain amount of damage, a Floow will disappear.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Names in other languages