In-battle sprite of the Porky Statue from Mother 3.
|A boss in||Brawl|
|Article on WikiBound||Porky Statue|
The Porky Statue (キングのぞう, King Statue) also known as the Pig King Statue or King P. Statue is a huge statue of Porky Minch from Mother 3. It can be seen in New Pork City and it appears as an obstacle in the Subspace Emissary.
The Porky Statue made its first appearance in Mother 3. Acting as a parody of the Statue of Liberty, the Porky Statue is a statue of Porky Minch with the inscription: "The smartest, bravest, and toughest chubster of all time. Here stands a statue of our great leader, Master Porky."; instead of the torch and tablet held by the Statue of Liberty, the Porky Statue also holds a comic book and a slingshot.
In Mother 3, the Porky Statue acts as an optional boss after Lucas and his allies locate Boney and defeat Fassad for the last time. The statue does not attack unless it is interacted with three times. Its attacks are to "Stomp its feet," which produces a powerful shockwave that will try to KO all characters, to "Swing both arms all around," dealing medium damage to two party members, and to "Attack with a book," which does very high damage to one party member. The statue, however, is effectively impossible to defeat, having one hundred million hit points as well as attack/defense stats that are beyond the normal character stats at level 99. Although it is possible for Lucas to land a particularly lucky PK Flash attack on the statue to instantly defeat it, a more practical method involves the use of the New Year's Eve Bomb, an otherwise useless item which reduces its HP to 1. It is rarely possible for the item to fail on this enemy as well.
Contrary to its depiction in the Subspace Emissary, Porky himself is not hidden within the statue in Mother 3.
Role in The Subspace Emissary
The Porky Statue appears as a hazard in The Subspace Emissary level The Ruined Zoo. It is immune to all attacks and chases down Lucas, slowly advancing while destroying all obstacles in its path. Touching its body deals high knockback, easily an KOing on high difficulties in only two hits.
During the level, the Porky Statue falls in a lake and respawns a few seconds later, falling from the sky. After enough time has passed Ness shows up and destroys it, revealing Porky Minch who was hiding inside it.
As a background character
The Porky Statue can also be seen in the background of the New Pork City stage, where it has no gameplay-related role.
- Porky Statue
- A guardian statue standing inside New Pork City that's clearly based on Porky himself. Investigate it, and the statue will turn hostile and start a battle. And it has 100,000,000 HP! It has very high stats, so you'll never win if you attack it straight-on. Thankfully, there's an item called "New Year's Eve" that can reduce its HP to 1--then you can defeat it with ease.
- : Mother 3 (Japan Only)
The Porky Statue only appears as a trophy.
- Porky Statue
- A statue of Porky that Porky ordered built to honor the great exploits of Porky as acknowledged by Porky. It depicts Porky in his carefree childhood days in Onett, a comic book in one hand and a slingshot in the other. Be warned—this statue is also an incredibly tough enemy!
- A statue of Porky built under the orders of Porky to honour the great exploits of Porky as acknowledged by Porky. It depicts Porky in his childhood days in Onett, with a comic book in one hand and a slingshot in the other. But be warned – this is no mere statue, it's an incredibly tough enemy as well.
With New Pork City returning as a familiar stage in Ultimate, the Porky Statue can be seen in the background as it did in Brawl.
- As the Porky Statue is immune to all damage, it is among the few Subspace Emissary enemies that cannot be obtained through the use of a Trophy Stand.
- Although a cutscene depicts Ness destroying the Porky Statue with a PK Flash, consistent with its appearance in Mother 3, the move has no effect on the statue in actual gameplay.
- The persistent hitbox of the Porky Statue extends all the way to the left side of the screen even though the statue's body does not, ensuring the player cannot walk behind it.
- Although the Porky Statue is simply a hazard and not a boss, it has official artwork of itself in front of a pink background, just like the other bosses.
|EarthBound (Mother) universe|
|Fighters||Ness (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Lucas (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Assist Trophies||Jeff · Starman|
|Bosses||Porky Statue · Porky|
|Stages||Onett · Fourside · New Pork City · Magicant|
|Items||Mr. Saturn · Franklin Badge · Ramblin' Evil Mushroom|
|Enemies||Devil Car · Starman|
|Other||Boney · Flying Man · Kumatora · Paula · Poo · Rope Snake · Ultimate Chimera|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|