Wii Balance Board
|Wii Balance Board|
Official artwork from Wii Fit U.
|Debut||Wii Fit (2007)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||SSB4|
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Wii Fit U (2013)|
|Console/platform of origin||Wii|
|Species||Wii Balance Board|
|Article on Wikipedia||Wii Balance Board|
The Wii Balance Board (ウィーボ, Wii Board) is an accessory and, within the Wii Fit series, a character.
In real life, it functions as a balance board that is compatible with a select number of games for the Wii and Wii U, similarly to how R.O.B. functions for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). In the Wii Fit series, the Wii Balance Board also functions as a character, complete with voice and personality. As a character, he helps encourage players to do their best.
The Wii Balance Board appears as part of Wii Fit Trainer's on-screen appearance. Wii Fit Trainer balances on the Wii Balance Board before stepping off, after which the Wii Balance Board floats into the air, waves goodbye to Wii Fit Trainer and then disappears in a puff of smoke.
As a background character
The Wii Balance Board also appears as a background character on Wii Fit Studio. He will occasionally wave with his right "hand" as combatants come near him. He will bow and walk off-stage once the stage platforms leave. When the platforms return, he will walk back on-stage and again bow toward the screen before he resumes cheering on the combatants.
As a stage element
One through five inanimate Wii Balance Boards will act as platforms for the Wii Fit Studio stage as well. They will often move off-stage for short periods of time, then return with a different layout so as to change up battle tactics with each shift.
- Wii Balance Board
- The Wii Balance Board is the smiling face that guides you through Wii Fit. Well... maybe not the smiling face, since it doesn't actually have a face and all, but he's pretty cheery for someone who gets stood on a lot. When you see him in this game, take it as a reminder that good balance is always important, especially when launching foes.
- : Wii Fit (05/2008)
- : Wii Fit Plus (10/2009)
- The Wii Balance Board is the smiling face that guides you through Wii Fit. Well... maybe not the "smiling face", what with his lack of a face and all, but he's pretty cheery for someone who gets stood on a lot. When you see him in this game, take it as a reminder that good balance is always important, especially when launching foes.
- : Wii Fit (04/2008)
- : Wii Fit Plus (10/2009)
The Wii Balance Board reprises its role in Smash 4 both as part of the on screen appearance of the Wii Fit Trainer and as a background character on Wii Fit Studio.
The Wii Balance Board appears as a master spirit, which runs a Dojo that teaches the Lightweight Style.
|923||Wii Balance Board||Dojo (Lightweight Style)
Increases move speed and jump height, but decreases offense, defense, and weight.
|Wii Fit Series||In the Light Realm||Training Menu - Wii Fit U|
The following is a list of quotes that the Wii Balance Board can say when a player visits his dojo.
- "Who's ready to get fit? Wii are!"
- "Rest assured--the data doesn't lie."
- "Who would you like me to train?"
- "Let's give it our all!"
- "What'll you do?"
- "End your training?"
- "Good hustle. We'll continue later."
- "With [number]00SP, I can teach the Lightweight Style right away."
- "Congratulations! Your spirit reached its goal!"
- "Please come back sometime."
The Wii Balance Board watching Wii Fit Trainer as she uses Super Hoop.
Names in other languages
|Wii Fit universe|
|Fighter||Wii Fit Trainer (SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Stage||Wii Fit Studio|
|Others||Wii Balance Board|
|Trophies and Spirits||Trophies · Spirits|
|Music||SSB4 · Ultimate|
|Related universes||Wii Sports • Mii|