Official render of Bytans.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Level(s) appears in||The Ruined Zoo|
The Research Facility I
The Wilds I
The Wilds II
Battleship Halberd Interior
The Subspace Bomb Factory II
The Great Maze
|Point worth||200 (normal)|
Bytans are spherical, limbless enemies. Their body is divided in two sides, making them resemble a Poké Ball. A large, red eye with a darker pupil appears on their coloured half, and a gaping smile is on the bottom half.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Bytans first appear in the Ruined Zoo level. They can duplicate themselves within seconds by shooting their copies from their eyes, forcing the player to destroy them quickly before things get out of hand; they attack more on lower difficulties while multiplying faster on higher ones. Bytans come in nine different colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, and black. They often appear in ambushes, so that they can reproduce more and make it harder for the player to defeat them. They attack with a charging headbutt, and their attacks are telegraphed by them rolling.
There are also giant-sized Bytans, which are about four times larger and have roughly three times more health. Giant Bytans are far less likely to multiply than their smaller kin are.
- A spherical creature divided into two colors. There's a big, staring eye in the colored section, and the white part contains the creature's gaping mouth and exposed fangs. It rolls along and smashes into all enemies it meets. After a short time, it will pop another Bytan out of its eye, so if you leave it alone, it will continue to produce one Bytan after another.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Although they do not appear as enemies in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Bytans do make an appearance in that game as a trophy.
- These spherical enemies made their first appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They have a white portion underneath with sharklike teeth and an upper portion with a giant red eye. They attack by rolling straight into you. Try not to leave them alone for too long—they multiply by popping more Bytans out of their eyes!
- These spherical enemies made their first appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They have a white portion underneath with shark-like teeth, and an upper portion with a giant red eye. They attack by rolling straight into you. Try not to leave them alone for too long, because they multiply by popping more Bytans out of their eyes!
|1,110||Bytans||★||0||1080||5400||486||2430||594||2970||No Effect||Super Smash Bros. Series|
Names in other languages
- No matter what size and color they are, Bytans will always transform into the same trophy upon being captured by a Trophy Stand.
- Their visual appearance may be a nod to the Pokémon Voltorb and Electrode.