The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part II)
|Isle of the Ancients
Subspace Bomb Factory
Ganondorf's hologram as he plans to destroy the Isle of the Ancients with numerous Subspace bombs.
|Super Smash Bros.
|Subspace Emissary only
|Preceding SSE stage
|The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part I)
|Following SSE stage
|Entrance to Subspace
The stage opens with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, and Olimar entering the island after they defeat the Subspace foes from a previous level. After the level, they show up to confront the Ancient Minister, with Samus and Pikachu already in the room from the previous level. The room is full of Subspace Bombs, lined up with R.O.B.s. The heroes are ready to fight the Minister, but he doesn't seem to fight. Seeing that the Minister is not following orders, a hologram of Ganondorf appears to take control of the R.O.B. Squad. The R.O.B.s begin to advance towards the bombs, but the Minister stops them. Angered, Ganondorf pushes a button to stop the R.O.B.s from obeying the Minister, and their eyes started glowing red. As they begin to take the bombs down, the Minister knocks them away, but Ganondorf overrides their free will and forces them to attack the Minister. He is bombarded with lasers and eventually catches fire. Ganondorf laughs and disappears as a flock of Auroros enter to distract the heroes. However, the Minister fires at them and destroys them, showing that he's still alive. His robe is burned away to reveal that he himself is a R.O.B. After this, the player may choose from the aforementioned characters to ward off the enemy horde.
After defeating the enemies, the gang starts to try fighting off the R.O.B.s who are trying to detonate the bombs. R.O.B is in melancholia, and pays no attention to Diddy's screams for help. Realizing there's not enough time, Captain Falcon calls in the Falcon Flyer so they can all escape from certain doom. DK carries the miserable R.O.B to safety, and they leap down a shaft. As they descend towards a pit, the Falcon Flyer pulls up beneath them, catching them and shooting down a tunnel towards safety. As they rush through the tunnel, however, Meta Ridley notices them and gives chase, desperate for revenge against Pikachu and Samus, starting a boss battle that the player must clear within two minutes to pass.
Back at the Canyon, Mario spots the rift, along with Link, Pit, Yoshi, Kirby, Marth, Ike, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, and Lucas, who all recently teamed up to fight off the massive ambush of the Subspace Army. Soon, the Falcon Flyer and the Halberd, carrying Meta Knight, Lucario, Snake, Peach, Zelda, Fox, Falco and Mr. Game & Watch, lands and all the fighters are united.
Playable for the full level:
Playable for the second section onwards:
After The Subspace Bomb Factory II is completed, the Falcon Flyer escapes from the destroyed Isle of the Ancients and lands on the ground, along with the Halberd.
Falcon Flyer group
List of enemies
- R.O.B. Sentry
- R.O.B. Launcher
- Zap Jyk
- Metal Primid
- R.O.B. Blaster
- Giant Bytan
- Fire Primid
- Scope Primid
- Sword Primid
- Quark Mine
- During the first part of the level, Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance! plays.
- During the ambush, Battlefield plays.
- On the way down to the Falcon Flyer, Vs. Meta Ridley plays, signalling the incoming Meta Ridley fight.
- When confronting Meta Ridley, Vs. Ridley plays instead.
- If the player skips the platform that triggers the vertical autoscrolling section just before the Subspace Bomb cutscene, the fight that loads the collision for the rest of the section will not trigger, and continuing up will cause the player to encounter some unusual results. This can only be accomplished through the use of cheats, however.
- This is the only boss stage (The Falcon Flyer) that isn't flat.
- For some reason, the time limit for Meta Ridley is 2:00, and Subspace Bombs are set for 3:00. When the heroes left the Subspace Bomb storage room, the bomb was under 2:00. No time is set during the route to the Falcon Flyer, but the screen rolls around.
- After completing this stage, the player may not replay any of the stages set on the Isle of Ancients until The Great Maze is completed: The Research Facility (Part I), The Research Facility (Part II), Outside the Ancient Ruins, The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part I), and this stage, as the Isle of Ancients has been consumed by Subspace.
- Upon completing this level, all characters who joined the player's team are merged into one group so the player is no longer required nor able to select a group when replaying previous levels.
- This level is one of six levels (the other five being The Plain, The Ruins, The Swamp, The Research Facility (Part II), and The Great Maze) that do not open with a cutscene.