The Research Facility (Part II)
|Isle of the Ancients
The Research Facility
Pikachu and now transformed Samus in her Power Suit.
|Super Smash Bros.
|Subspace Emissary and
Boss Battles only
|Preceding SSE stage
|Following SSE stage
|Outside the Ancient Ruins
The level begins with Zero Suit Samus and Pikachu going after Samus's power suit, which was somehow captured by the Subspace Army. Upon arriving at the room where the suit is stored, the duo are ambushed by two Shadow Bug clones of the power suit. After the copies are defeated, ZSS uses her Plasma Whip to break her suit out of its glass container. By breaking the glass, however, she sets off numerous alarms, and R.O.B.'s swarm the room. After defeating the enemies, Samus dons her suit and the duo sets off again.
Eventually, after a rather difficult maze of platforms, most of which are moving, they come to a large room where they are attacked by Ridley. The boss swoops down and grabs Samus, scraping her against the wall as sparks fly off the power suit. He drops Samus only when Pikachu jumps up and zaps him with Thunder. Samus and Ridley land next to Pikachu, and Samus's suit is still giving off sparks as though it is malfunctioning or damaged; nevertheless, she emerges unscathed in terms of damage. Ridley is covered in electricity when falling, though he only seems to give himself a headache when he lands face-first. A boss battle ensues.
After defeating Ridley, the pair exit the Facility and appear on the grassy surface of the Isle of the Ancients. Samus spots R.O.B.s carrying Subspace Bombs into another building, so they decide to pursue. This leads to the next level, the Subspace Bomb Factory.
Zero Suit Samus playable through False Samus battle, Samus available afterwards:
- R.O.B. Sentry
- R.O.B. Blaster
- Big Primid
- Sword Primid
- R.O.B. Launcher
- Scope Primid
- At the start of the level, Vs. Parasite Queen plays.
- During the False Samus fight and cutscene, Sector 1 plays.
- When Samus puts on her Power Suit in the cutscene and the following part of the level, Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior plays.
- In the part with the teleporters, Main Theme (Metroid) plays.
- During the fight with Ridley, Vs. Ridley plays.
- The clone Samuses are similar to SA-X from Metroid Fusion and Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 2 and 3.
- This level, along with The Plain, The Ruins, The Swamp, The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part II), and The Great Maze do not begin with a cutscene.
- This is the last level in the game to introduce new enemies (Glice).