Entrance to Subspace
Entrance to Subspace
Master Hand defeated.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Availability||Subspace Emissary only|
|Preceding SSE stage||The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part II)|
|Following SSE stage||Subspace (Part I)|
The level starts with the player fighting average enemies, beginning with an ambush against Floows and Boom Primids. After this, the stage auto-scrolls and the player has to avoid Metal Primids, Boom Primids, Primids, Spaaks, and Borborases; then, the level stops for the player to fight another ambush. This time, the player has to stop the Subspace Generators from spawning Fire Primids. Metal Primids, and Borborases; the player then goes on a big straight path. By this point of the level, only ambushes remain, in order of an Armank, a Greap and Big Primids, and finally an Armank with Big Primids. At the end of the level, there is a section of invisible platforms. The final (and only) door of the level isn't golden, which is unusual. Due to its lack of any checkpoints, and the presence of multiple ambushes featuring powerful enemies, this stage can be difficult for inexperienced players to clear, especially on higher difficulties.
In a cutscene, Bowser and Ganondorf are seen walking in an unknown area of Subspace. Ganondorf pulls out a Dark Cannon and fires at his former ally, who falls as a trophy, and kicks him aside. Ganondorf then calls forth Master Hand, who appears before him. Ganondorf bows, but then sees that Master Hand is being controlled by the Chains of Light. He looks up further to see Tabuu, who had manipulated him the whole time. Infuriated, Ganondorf leaps up to attack Tabuu, who brings up a shield to send Ganondorf flying back downwards. Ganondorf becomes a trophy upon impact with the back of Master Hand. This action, however, releases Master Hand from the Chains of Light, and he forms a fist to fly towards Tabuu. This attack is also easily deflected with Tabuu's shield, and Master Hand falls to the ground.
All the other characters suddenly appear, ready to fight. However, Tabuu goes into his winged form and releases his Off Waves, which turn all of the characters into trophies. Tabuu then pulls together the pieces of the World of Trophies that were pulled into Subspace by the Subspace Bombs, and forms them into The Great Maze.
After completing The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part II), all the smashers that had joined the player's team will merge into one group so the player(s) is no longer required to select a group when replaying previous levels. Only four of the below characters can be selected. Because Tabuu turns everyone into a trophy, everyone is lost afterwards.
- Captain Falcon
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Ice Climbers
- Meta Knight
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Pokémon Trainer
List of enemies
- In the cinematic cut scene, Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme plays.
- In the level itself, Step: Subspace plays.
- This is the only stage which is completed by going through a regular door. All other levels completed by going through a door use a golden version of that stage's door design.
- In the cutscene "The Crushing, Ruinous Defeat", Tabuu uses his shield against Ganondorf and Master Hand, but never uses it when the player is battling him.
- In the same cutscene, all the characters seen as trophies have been trophies before in other cutscenes, so characters such as Fox, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Etc were not seen on the ground as trophies.
- After Ganondorf discovers that Tabuu is controlling Master Hand, Bowser cannot be seen, despite him being right next to Ganondorf.
- Immediately after completing this stage, all previously played stages are made inaccessible and the player may only proceed to play the next stage, Subspace (Part I).