|World of Trophies
Fox, Falco, and Diddy Kong about to fight Giant False Diddy Kong.
|Super Smash Bros.
|Subspace Emissary only
|Preceding SSE stage
|The Wilds (Part II)
|Following SSE stage
|The Research Facility (Part II)
The stage begins with Fox and Diddy Kong battling through their way through the swamp. After making it through part of the swamp, Diddy and Fox are walking and talking, but unexpectedly, a black, ethereal arrow is shot through Diddy, turning him into a trophy. Fox turns and sees Bowser holding a Dark Cannon, which he then shoots at Fox, but Fox dodges and slides, while Bowser points to Diddy's trophy, just as Shadow Bugs devour it. Fox looks at this in a surprised state, and then turns and looks at Bowser, who is ready to make another shot at Fox. Blasts are shot around Bowser, who seems to almost trip. An Arwing flies overhead, and Falco ejects himself from it, similar to his on-screen appearance. He lands, and dashes up to Bowser (possibly using Falco Phantasm, as the sound effect for it can be heard), kicks the gun upwards, and does a flip. He lands and starts shooting the Cannon with his Blasters, and the Cannon is destroyed. Bowser jumps backwards, lands in his Koopa Clown Car, and flies away. After this, the Shadow Bugs turn the Diddy Kong trophy into False Diddy, which then grows much larger. Fox revives Diddy's trophy, and a boss battle starts against False Giant Diddy. After winning, Diddy will cheer, while Falco walks away. Diddy drags him back and tries to tell him what is happening, but Falco once again walks away. Diddy grabs him and drags him away in the same manner that he did with Fox; and while Falco is dragged away, Fox shrugs and follows.
The three continue through the swamp, battling many enemies, most of them being underlings from Bowser's Koopa Troop. After making it through the swamp, Diddy, Fox, and Falco, standing at the top of a waterfall, spot a platform with Primids on it (ascending to the Isle of the Ancients) and Donkey Kong's trophy. Diddy stomps the ground, mad, but Falco glares over towards the other side of the waterfall, and the Great Fox appears. Fox goes on his own and finds the Halberd at The Glacial Peak, where he proceeds to battle it once again. Falco then joins the player's team.
After clearing the Subspace Emissary, the player can return to this stage, enter a newly placed red door, and be taken to Pokémon Stadium 2. There, the player will fight Jigglypuff. If defeated, Jigglypuff will then become unlocked as a playable character and join the player's party.
Playable for the whole level:
Playable for the Giant False Diddy Kong battle onwards:
- Falco (Joins team after level)
List of enemies
- Koopa Troopa (Green)
- Koopa Paratroopa (Red and Green)
- Hammer Bro
- Bullet Bill
- Hydro Jyk
- Boom Primid
- Giant Goomba
- Giant False Diddy Kong
- On the first part, Bramble Blast plays.
- During Falco's entrance, Area 6 briefly plays.
- While fighting Giant False Diddy Kong, Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) plays.
- Afterwards, the music switches to Yoshi's Island.
- During Jigglypuff's cutscene and battle, Pokémon Center plays.
Falco rescuing Diddy Kong and Fox and shooting down Bowser's Dark Cannon.
Fox fights the False Diddy Kong.
- Falco is shown using two blasters to destroy Bowser's Dark Cannon, even though he can only use one during gameplay.
- This is one of the four pre-Subspace levels which features background music not from the universe of the characters that went through it, the others being Sea of Clouds, The Ruins, and Battleship Halberd Exterior (Yoshi's Island on a level with Diddy Kong, Fox, and Falco).
- Unlike most other levels, this level does not start with a cutscene. The five levels that share this distinction are The Plain, The Ruins, The Research Facility (Part II), The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part II), and The Great Maze.
- Despite the name of the level being "The Swamp", it looks much more like a lake.