The Subspace Bomb (亜空間爆弾, Subspace Bomb) is the primary weapon of the Subspace Army. When detonated, it removes the surrounding area from the world and deposits it into Subspace, leaving a dark void behind. The effect is additive; a larger area can be affected by causing multiple bombs to go off at once. Each bomb requires two Robotic Operating Buddies to function. The bomb keeps hold of the R.O.B.s' arms, so two R.O.B.s have to be sacrificed for each bomb, an aspect that weighed heavily on the Ancient Minister's conscience. Why exactly the bombs were designed to act this way is unknown, although it is possible that they require power from the R.O.B.s to function.
Subspace Bombs were designed and built on the Isle of the Ancients. As such, there is a large factory on the island, able to store dozens of bombs at once.
The average Subspace Bomb has a detonation timer of three minutes. Presumably, this allows Smashers and Subspace Army members to leave the scene before the explosion. Since Subspace Bombs have always succeeded in exploding (unless they are damaged before activation), it is unclear whether the countdown can be stopped. The Smashers, or fighters of the World of Trophies, repeatedly attempt to stop the bombs from detonating but fail each time.
Galleom has a self-sufficient Subspace Bomb embedded in its head. This bomb does not require R.O.B.s (presumably drawing power from Galleom instead) and had a detonation timer of fifteen seconds, which is one-twelfth of the normal Subspace Bomb. Since Galleom likely tried to blow up the bomb as soon as possible, it can be assumed it needed fifteen seconds to charge. Galleom used this bomb once it was defeated twice in quick succession, attempting to take revenge on Lucas and Pokémon Trainer as it blasted into the sky. The two managed to escape, and the bomb dealt minimal damage to the surrounding area, drawing Wario's trophy into subspace instead.
Subspace Bombs were surpassed in functionality near the end of the Subspace Emissary by the Subspace Gunship. The Gunship's primary weapon has the same effect as a Subspace Bomb, but can be launched from a great distance and can be used repeatedly without the assistance of R.O.B.s. Once the Gunship was complete, all remaining Subspace Bombs were detonated to open up a large enough hole in space for the Gunship to be deployed.
- Subspace Bomb
- A weapon that, when it explodes, draws every part of this world within its blast range into Subspace. The areas drawn into Subspace this way float about in bubbles as individual colonies. To detonate a bomb, two R.O.B.'s must be destroyed in the process. The Ancient Minister is bitterly aggrieved by this fact.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|1,113||Subspace Bomb||★★||1||Bomber Equipped||Super Smash Bros. Series|
Names in other languages
- Ike is the only character who successfully stopped a bomb from being used. He does this in his first appearance, surprising the Ancient Minister from behind with an Aether.
- After a Subspace Bomb is detonated, certain stages, alongside nearby stages, will become unplayable until beating The Great Maze.
- Midair Stadium is not replayable at all until beating The Great Maze
- After Galleom detonates after The Ruined Hall, both it and The Ruins can not be played.
- After The Subspace Bomb Factory II is completed, it, alongside The Research Facility (Part I), The Research Facility (Part II), Outside the Ancient Ruins, The Subspace Bomb Factory (Part I) are no longer playable.
- No stage can be played after completing Entrance to Subspace due to losing all fighters. However, Battleship Halberd Interior, Battleship Halberd Exterior, and Battleship Halberd Bridge remain unplayable even after the completion of Subspace I