Official artwork of a Magikoopa in Super Mario 3D World depicting its magical abilities.
|Article on Super Mario Wiki||Magikoopa|
Magikoopas made their debut in Super Mario World as an enemy, and has become a recurring enemy in later Mario games. They are magical and powerful high-ranking Koopas who also act as Bowser's advisors and/or caretakers. They feature a pointed bill with more profound fangs, eyeglasses, pointed hats, and robes that covers most of their body, sometimes leaving their feet uncovered.
Magikoopas are known for teleporting, casting magical spells, and shooting magical blasts with their magic scepter. The blast resembles a sparkling conglomeration of basic geometrical shapes, including a circle, a triangle, and a quadrilateral shape that can either damage the player on contact. Sometimes, the Magikoopas are often seen riding their broomsticks. In Super Mario World, if one Magikoopa is defeated, they are then quickly replaced with another Magikoopa.
Prominent members of the Magikoopas species include Kamek, one of the main antagonists and Baby Bowser's caretaker in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island; and Kammy Koopa, an elderly female Magikoopa who acts as Paper Bowser's right-hand woman the Paper Mario series.
Magikoopas appear as relatively tough enemies. They fly around on their brooms and move by teleporting around and swooping forwards. They attack wither by swooping at the player, or shooting a single or a trio of magical projectiles from their magical scepters, which lowers the player's fighter random stats on contact.
The 3DS trophy of a Magikoopa seems to conflate the Magikoopa species with the individual Kamek, likely due to the fact that they share the same Japanese name; however, Kamek also appears in the Yoshi games while common Magikoopas are restricted to Mario games.
- This magical menace is one of Bowser's henchmen and shows his face in plenty of titles, even outside of the Mario series. In the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, he swoops onto the screen every so often to transform the stage with his magic. Now and then, though, he'll tease you by not casting any magic at all. He's a sly one, that Kamek.
- Kamek is a magic-wielding, robed figure usually seen riding on a broomstick in the Mario series. He teleports around the stage, looking for fighters. When he finds one, he'll cast spells at them. If he hits you with one, your stats will drop. That's no good, since you'll need some power to deal with Kamek's high stamina!
- : Super Mario World (08/1991)
- : Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (10/1995)
- Kamek is a magic-wielding, robed figure usually seen riding on a broomstick in the Mario series. He teleports around the stage, looking for fighters. When he finds one, he'll cast spells at them. If he hits you with one, your stats will drop, which, given that Kamek also has high attack power, is the last thing you need.
- : Super Mario World (04/1992)
- : Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (10/1995)
Kamek and Kammy Koopa, two members of the Magikoopa species, each appear as two different primary spirits.
In Adventure Mode: World of Light, Kamek and Kammy Koopa are presumably two of the countless spirits captured by Galeem during his takeover of the universe. Kamek's spirit is located in the Molten Fortress sub-dungeon of The Light Realm, while Kammy Koopa's spirit is located in the mushroom platforms section of The Light Realm.
In both spirits' battles, the puppet fighters start off with a Star Rod, referencing their magic scepters.
Kamek uses an army of Inkling puppet fighters and is fought on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage's Slide Tower layout. During the battle, an army of Inklings appear after the first Inkling is defeated, referencing how Kamek's Magikoopa species is replaced by another Magikoopa after it is defeated in Super Mario World.
Kammy Koopa uses a Bayonetta puppet fighter and is fought on the Paper Mario stage. During the battle, all fighters become invisible after a while, referencing Kammy Koopa's ability to turn herself and her allies invisible in battle in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
|61||Kamek||★★||1||1639||6583||673||2702||874||3509||Magic Attack ↑||Super Mario Series|
|97||Kammy Koopa||★||1||1050||5255||446||2231||545||2727||Magic Attack ↑||Paper Mario Series|
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|