Chandelure's official artwork from Pokémon Black and White.
|Article on Bulbapedia||Chandelure (Pokémon)|
Chandelure (シャンデラ, Chandela) is a creature from the Pokémon series.
Chandelure is a Ghost/Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V, and is categorized within the Pokédex at #609 as the "Luring Pokémon". It is the final form of Litwick and evolves from Lampent with a Dusk Stone. It is notable for being used by three different Elite Four members throughout the games, the first being Shauntal, the second being Malva, and the third being Phoebe (only in her rematch team in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire). It is also used by the Galar gym leader Allister in his Champion’s Cup rematch.
One of its possible abilities is Flash Fire, the likely cause of its fire immunity in Smash Run: when a Pokémon with it is hit by a Fire-type attack it receives a 50% power boost to its Fire-type attacks instead of taking damage.
Fire Spin is a special Fire-type move introduced in Generation I. It damages and traps its target, preventing it from fleeing or being switched and dealing damage at the end of every turn. Chandelure can learn the move via leveling up as a Litwick or the Move Reminder in Generation VIII.
Will-O-Wisp is a status move introduced in Generation III. It has 85% accuracy and burns its target if successful. Chandelure can learn the move through the same methods as Fire Spin, as well as using TM61 in Generation V through Generation VII or TM31 in Generation VIII.
As an enemy
Chandelure appears as an enemy in Smash Run.
Chandelure floats to a point above and ahead of the player and can use two different attacks:
- Fire Spin: creates a flaming vortex which travels along the ground and deals flame damage. Chandelure can only use this attack if the player is at a similar vertical point to the Pokémon.
- Will-O-Wisp: creates three purple flames which deal darkness damage and shoots them at the player.
If hit by any flame or darkness attack, whether direct, indirect, or terrain-induced, Chandelure receives a power boost to its next attack instead of taking damage or even flinching. The stronger or more attacks it takes before attacking, the stronger and larger the attack will be.
- A Ghost/Fire-type Pokémon that burns its opponents' spirits instead of their bodies. When it attacks, it does so in bursts of three, using moves like Will-O-Wisp and Fire Spin. Try not to use fire-based attacks or items on it, as it will only absorb them and use them to strengthen itself.
- A Ghost- and Fire-type Pokémon that doesn't burn its opponents' bodies, but their spirits. When it attacks, it does so in bursts of three, using moves like Will-O-Wisp and Fire Spin. Try not to use fire-based attacks or items on it, as it will only absorb them and use them to strengthen itself.
Chandelure appears as a spirit for the game's Spirit mode.
|523||Chandelure||★★||1||Lava-Floor Resist||Pokémon Series|
Names in other languages
- Chandelure is immune to darkness-based attacks despite being weak to both Ghost and Dark type moves in the mainline games.
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|