Reaper & Reapette
|Reaper & Reapette|
Official artwork of a Reaper and a Reapette in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
|Article on Icaruspedia||Reaper & Reapette|
Reapers are among the more powerful minions of the Underworld Army, and are responsible for ferrying the souls of the dead to the underworld. They first appeared in the original Kid Icarus with a fairly generic "grim reaper" design. They patrol their assigned areas slowly, but upon seeing Pit, they will go berserk and summon a swarm of flying Reapettes to attack, accompanied by frantic music.
In Kid Icarus Uprising, Reapers return with a more distinctive design, though their behavior remains similar. They are prominently featured in the fourth chapter, where Pit must infiltrate their fortress. The boss of the area is the gigantic Great Reaper.
A Reaper and a Reapette appear together in Brawl as a sticker.
|Reaper & Reapette||Kid Icarus||Resistance +12|
Reaper & Reapette
Reapers appear as enemies, using their design from Kid Icarus: Uprising. They remain stationary and look around themselves, and upon noticing a player, they start attacking, sending out homing Reapettes which make characters trip on contact. If close enough, they also attack with a scythe swipe which does high damage and knockback. While a Reaper is activated, a whimsical chiptune track (the same heard in the Kid Icarus series in the same circumstance) overrides any prior music.
The Reaper & Reapette trophy is a standard random unlock in the 3DS version.
- Reaper & Reapette
- Since he's clearly not planning on doing any gardening, watch out for that scythe! You can tell when one of these has its sights set on you because the music will change and you'll hear a loud scream as it summons its Reapettes. If you always keep your distance and attack from afar, there's no need to fear the Reapers.
- Since he's clearly not planning on doing any gardening, watch out for that scythe! You can tell when one of these has its sights set on you because the music will change and you'll hear a loud scream as it summons its Reapettes. If you always keep your distance and attack from afar, there'll be no need to fear the Reapers.
In Smash Tour
A Reaper can appear as a random event. It roams around the board, and when touched by a player, it grants them a checkpoint bonus in exchange for three fighters before disappearing. Players with fewer than three characters just get launched away.
- Since he's clearly not planning on doing any gardening, watch out for that scythe! He loved to scream and summon Reapettes in Kid Icarus: Uprising. In Smash Tour, you'll need to have at least three fighters when you encounter him to earn a Checkpoint Bonus. If you don't bring enough fighters, you'll get launched. Ouch!
- : Kid Icarus (08/1987)
- : Kid Icarus: Uprising (03/2012)
- A foe that appears in Kid Icarus: Uprising, wielding a rather intimidating scythe. In that game, he'd go berserk if you entered his line of sight, calling in his Reapette minions to attack. In Smash Tour, bump into him with three or more fighters to get a Checkpoint Bonus. Be careful, though! With two or fewer, you'll just get launched!
- : Kid Icarus (02/1987)
- : Kid Icarus: Uprising (03/2012)
In Adventure Mode: World of Light, the Reaper & Reapette is presumably one of the countless spirits captured by Galeem during his takeover of the universe. After Galeem's defeat, Dharkon takes control of Galeem's spirits, including the Reaper & Reapette. The Reaper & Reapette's spirit is located in the Dracula's Castle sub-dungeon of The Dark Realm.
The Spirit Battle uses a Ganondorf puppet fighter and is fought on the Spear Pillar stage's Ω form. He is fought alongside an army of Tiny Ganondorf puppet fighters. During the battle, each puppet fighter wields a Death's Scythe, referencing the scythes the Reapers & Reapettes wield, while each puppet fighter damages the player's fighter by dashing into them, referencing the Reaper's ability to dash into the player.
|720||Reaper & Reapette||★★★||1||Side Special ↑||Kid Icarus Series|
A Reaper noticing a fighter.
The song that plays when within close proximity of a Reaper.
Names in other languages
- The last part of the 3DS trophy description is a possible reference to the song (Don't Fear) The Reaper by the band Blue Öyster Cult.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the only game that features a Reaper without any Reapettes, although they are still mentioned in the trophy description.
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|
|Red items||Back Shield · Black Knight · Bob-omb · Boo · Bunny Hood · Daisy (Baseball) · Darkrai · Dixie Kong · DK Barrel · Energy Tank · Franklin Badge · Hammer · Home-Run Bat · Kat & Ana · Latias & Latios · Magnus · Majora's Mask · Mecha-Fiora · Metal Box · Mr. Resetti · Mr. Saturn · Ore Club · Phosphora · Plasm Wraith · Poison Mushroom · Rocket Belt · Sidestepper · Steel Diver · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Ultimate Chimera · Wolfen · X Bomb|
|Blue items||Ashley · Boss Galaga · Bus to the City · Chain Chomp · Dillon · Doc Louis · Excitebike · Ghosts (Luigi's Mansion) · Great Fox · Isabelle · POW Block · Riki · Snorlax · Super Star · Tetra · Timmy & Tommy · Tingle · Yellow Wollywog · Zinger|
|Green items||Porky Minch · Proto Man · Substitute Doll|
|Random events||Banzai Bill · Flying Man · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kamek · Koffing · Metal Face · Metroid · Nabbit · Reaper · Ridley · Souflee · Tac · Yellow Devil|
|Kid Icarus universe|
|Fighters||Pit (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Palutena (SSB4 · SSBU) · Dark Pit (SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Assist Trophies||Magnus · Phosphora|
|Stages||Skyworld · Reset Bomb Forest · Palutena's Temple|
|Items||Back Shield · Daybreak · Killer Eye · Ore Club · X Bomb · Staff|
|Enemies||Boom Stomper · Bumpety Bomb · Clubberskull · Daphne · Flage · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Mahva · Megonta · Mimicutie · Monoeye · Nutski · Orne · Reaper & Reapette · Skuttler · Souflee · Zuree|
|Other||Centurion · Viridi|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|