Official artwork of a DK Barrel from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
|Debut||Donkey Kong Country (1994)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||SSB4|
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Mario Kart Tour (2020) (Cameo)|
|Console/platform of origin||Super Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Article on Super Mario Wiki||DK Barrel|
The DK Barrel (DKバレル, DK Barrel) is an item from the Donkey Kong universe.
|DK Barrel||Donkey Kong Country||+53|
(Donkey Kong Country)
In Smash Tour
In Smash Tour, DK Barrel is a red item. A player can use a DK Barrel at the beginning of a battle to have another one of their acquired characters join them in the battle as a CPU ally.
The DK Barrel trophy appears in both versions.
- DK Barrel
- Little known fact: the "DK" on a DK Barrel stands for "Donkey Kong"... What? You mean you already knew that? In that case, you must also know that hopeful feeling you get upon seeing one of these in a really tough stage. Break one to release a helpful partner!
- : Donkey Kong Country (11/1994)
- : Donkey Kong Country Returns (11/2010)
- Did you know that the "DK" on a DK Barrel stands for "Donkey Kong"? ...You did? Well then, maybe you also know what a beautiful and hopeful feeling it is to see one of these when you're toughing it out alone, all sad and forlorn. Break it and a partner will show up to lift you out of your doldrums and help you on your way.
- : Donkey Kong Country (11/1994)
- : Donkey Kong Country Returns (12/2010)
DK Barrels appear in every game of the Donkey Kong Country series. In the first DKC game, breaking a DK Barrel would allow Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong to regain the other Kong as a partner. Later games would have other Kongs that could be retrieved from DK Barrels to serve as partners, including Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong, and Cranky Kong.
DK and Diddy being able to burst out of the DK Barrels on their own in Smash Bros. contrasts their home games, in which they, and the other Kongs, could only break out of the barrels when they are thrown by another Kong.
|Red items||Back Shield · Black Knight · Bob-omb · Boo · Bunny Hood · Daisy (Baseball) · Darkrai · Dixie Kong · DK Barrel · Energy Tank · Franklin Badge · Hammer · Home-Run Bat · Kat & Ana · Latias & Latios · Magnus · Majora's Mask · Mecha-Fiora · Metal Box · Mr. Resetti · Mr. Saturn · Ore Club · Phosphora · Plasm Wraith · Poison Mushroom · Rocket Belt · Sidestepper · Steel Diver · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Ultimate Chimera · Wolfen · X Bomb|
|Blue items||Ashley · Boss Galaga · Bus to the City · Chain Chomp · Dillon · Doc Louis · Excitebike · Ghosts (Luigi's Mansion) · Great Fox · Isabelle · POW Block · Riki · Snorlax · Super Star · Tetra · Timmy & Tommy · Tingle · Yellow Wollywog · Zinger|
|Green items||Porky Minch · Proto Man · Substitute Doll|
|Random events||Banzai Bill · Flying Man · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kamek · Koffing · Metal Face · Metroid · Nabbit · Reaper · Ridley · Souflee · Tac · Yellow Devil|
|Donkey Kong universe|
|Fighters||Donkey Kong (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Diddy Kong (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · King K. Rool (SSBU)|
|Boss||Giant Donkey Kong|
|Stages||Kongo Jungle · Kongo Falls · Jungle Japes · Rumble Falls · 75m · Jungle Hijinxs|
|Items||Hammer · Barrel Cannon · Peanut · Spring|
|Enemies||Kritter · Tiki Buzz|
|Other||Dixie Kong · DK Barrel · DK Island · Pauline · Zinger|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|