The Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask 3D.
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Bunny Hood|
The Bunny Hood debuted in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as a collectible mask. One of the side missions in the game required Young Link to sell various masks to the citizens of Hyrule. Young Link found the Running Man in Hyrule Field and sold the Bunny Hood to him. In exchange, the running man paid him the maximum amount of Rupees that Young Link's wallet could hold. Once Young Link sold the Bunny Hood, he was able to borrow it from the Happy Mask Salesman at anytime. The Bunny Hood returns as a collectible mask in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. In this game, Young Link can collect the Bunny Hood from Grog. When wearing the Bunny Hood in this game, Young Link's speed and jumping distance increases, whereas it had no effect in Ocarina of Time.
As an item
The Bunny Hood appears as an item in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Once picked up, a character will become quicker and can jump much higher. It will also work on Jigglypuff and Kirby's additional jumps. Furthermore, the hood increases the character's movement speed and falling speed. The effect lasts about twelve seconds. It can fall off of a character if they are hit hard enough. The Bunny Hood also appears as a collectible trophy.
This trophy is unlocked by getting 125 combined combos with all characters in Training Mode.
- Bunny Hood
- Don the Bunny Hood to improve your agility drastically, allowing you to jump great distances and move at high speed. The ears are a cute accessory: they're even adorable on characters they don't quite suit. The Bunny Hood was key in Majora's Mask, where it made Link move at one-and-a-half times his normal speed.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11/98)
As an item
The Bunny Hood returns in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with similar effects from the previous game. In addition, a "Bunny Brawl" option exists in Special Brawl mode, which gives every character a permanent Bunny Hood, which cannot be knocked off. The Bunny Hood appears as a collectible trophy in Brawl.
- Bunny Hood
- Headgear that hugely improves your jump and movement abilities. True to its name, the hood comes with a pair of cute, fuzzy ears. On the right characters, they're as cute as can be, but on the wrong ones, they're...scary. Of course, that adds to the item's charm. The sudden speed increase you get is responsible for more than a few self-destructs, so be careful.
- : The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
As an item
The Bunny Hood returns in Super Smash Bros. 4. It is almost exactly the same as in Brawl.
In Smash Tour
The Bunny Hood is one of the items that can be found in Smash Tour, giving the user the ability to start a battle wearing a Bunny Hood.
- Bunny Hood
- This hood is beloved by a man with a passion for nature who longed to emulate a long-lost breed of bunny. Wearing this hood, he gained impressive leg power that allowed him to run for days on end. If you don this hood, you'll leave your foes in the dust with enhanced speed and jump power.
- : The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11/1998)
- : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (10/2000)
- A hood beloved by a man who longed to be...a bunny. It gave him unrivalled leg strength, allowing him to run at top speed all day and night. In this game, it boosts your speed and jumping ability, so you can get behind enemies easily and recover quickly if anyone launches you!
- : The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (12/1998)
- : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (11/2000)
As an item
The Bunny Hood returns once again in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, acting the same as in Smash 4.
Equipping the Postman, Cereza, or Jelfonzo support spirits will give the player a Bunny Hood at a start of a match.
|214||Postman||★||1||Bunny Hood Equipped||The Legend of Zelda Series|
|1,015||Cereza||★||1||Bunny Hood Equipped||Bayonetta Series|
|1,038||Jelfonzo||★||1||Bunny Hood Equipped||Splatoon Series|
Names in other languages
- Only the Bunny Hood's ears appear on characters' heads when it is picked up.
- The Bunny Hood has a strange effect on size changes. By default, size changes will multiply certain stats (such as damage output, weight etc); however, some size changes (such as becoming small while in the pot on Ultimate's version of Garden of Hope), are programmed not to. When under the effect of such a size change, equipping a Bunny Hood will cause the stat multipliers to be applied anyway, and this will continue even if the Bunny Hood wears off.
- If Sonic wears a Bunny Hood on certain stages, he can actually outrun hazards that would result in a KO for anyone else due to their speed; one main example is the racetrack in Big Blue, where he can run on the track, to the point of self-destructing off the right-hand blast line. This can also be done by Captain Falcon on some of the slower parts of the map, but it is harder to get him running.
- The Bunny Hood can be combined with the Superspicy Curry to make characters run even faster. This makes it easier for Sonic to outrun the cars on Big Blue.
- In Ultimate, due to the changes to full hop mechanics, full hop heights are increased by a smaller factor than short hop and double jump heights.
- When Marth wears the Bunny Hood in Melee, his neutral attack speed increases; this does not happen to any other character in the game.
- When Mario, Diddy Kong and Terry wear the Bunny Hood and use a taunt that removes their hat, the ears stay on their hat instead of their head.
- The Bunny Hood does not affect Yoshi's midair jump in Melee and Brawl, but it does in SSB4 and Ultimate.
- The Bunny Hood doesn't increase crawling speed.
- The Bunny Hood ignores most of the mobility modifiers made by a fighter's mechanics; this applies to Deep Breathing, Monado Arts, Limit Break, Acceleratle, and Winged Form. For an example, if Shulk is wearing the Bunny Hood while having the Shield Monado Art active, the mobility reductions caused by the art will not be applied, while still maintaining the art's increased defenses. Similarly, wearing the Bunny Hood cancels out the Jump Monado Art's buffs to Shulk's jump height and air speed, while keeping the increased damage taken multiplier active.
- Interestingly, the Bunny Hood does not cancel out the walk speed increase made by Deep Breathing.
|Items in Super Smash Bros. Melee|
|Normal||Barrel Cannon · Beam Sword · Bob-omb · Bunny Hood · Cloaking Device · Fan · Fire Flower · Flipper · Food · Freezie · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Parasol · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Red Shell · Screw Attack · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Egg · Party Ball|
|Items in Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Normal||Assist Trophy · Banana Peel · Beam Sword · Blast Box · Bob-omb · Bumper · Bunny Hood · Cracker Launcher · Deku Nut · Dragoon · Fan · Fire Flower · Food · Franklin Badge · Freezie · Golden Hammer · Gooey Bomb · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Hothead · Lightning Bolt · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Pitfall · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Screw Attack · Smart Bomb · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Soccer Ball · Spring · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Superspicy Curry · Team Healer · Timer · Unira · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crates|
|Key · Stock Ball · Trophy Stand|
|Collectibles||CD · Coins · Sticker · Trophy|
|Other||Smash Coins and Bills|
|Red items||Back Shield · Black Knight · Bob-omb · Boo · Bunny Hood · Daisy (Baseball) · Darkrai · Dixie Kong · DK Barrel · Energy Tank · Franklin Badge · Hammer · Home-Run Bat · Kat & Ana · Latias & Latios · Magnus · Majora's Mask · Mecha-Fiora · Metal Box · Mr. Resetti · Mr. Saturn · Ore Club · Phosphora · Plasm Wraith · Poison Mushroom · Rocket Belt · Sidestepper · Steel Diver · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Ultimate Chimera · Wolfen · X Bomb|
|Blue items||Ashley · Boss Galaga · Bus to the City · Chain Chomp · Dillon · Doc Louis · Excitebike · Ghosts (Luigi's Mansion) · Great Fox · Isabelle · POW Block · Riki · Snorlax · Super Star · Tetra · Timmy & Tommy · Tingle · Yellow Wollywog · Zinger|
|Green items||Porky Minch · Proto Man · Substitute Doll|
|Random events||Banzai Bill · Flying Man · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kamek · Koffing · Metal Face · Metroid · Nabbit · Reaper · Ridley · Souflee · Tac · Yellow Devil|