Official artwork of Navi from Ocarina of Time 3D.
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Debut||The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||SSBM (Cameo)|
SSB4 (3DS version)
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Hyrule Warriors (2014, North American version only)|
|Console/platform of origin||Nintendo 64|
|Place of origin||Hyrule|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Navi|
Navi (ナビィ, Navi) is one of Link's many partners.
Navi first appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as Link's companion fairy. Navi serves as a guide for Link on his journey by request of the Great Deku Tree. She'll give information on Link's enemies and even warn him of attacks. Navi will also inform Link on his current task. After Link defeats Ganondorf, Navi leaves for unknown reasons. In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, which takes place after the events of Ocarina of Time and Ganondorf's defeat, Link (as a child) had set off to find Navi before running into the Skull Kid and finding himself in Termina with Tatl.
Navi appears alongside Link as a trophy in the 3DS version.
- Adult Link (Ocarina of Time)
- The children from Kokiri Forest never seem to grow into adults. Just a young boy, Link is entrusted with a quest by the Great Deku Tree. He leaves the forest and eventually finds the Master Sword in the Temple of Time. When he awakes, he is seven years in the future and an adult!
- Link was once a carefree lad living with the Kokiri in Kokiri Forest, but one day, the Great Deku Tree entrusted him with an important task and he had to leave. His quest led him to find the Master Sword, and when he took it, seven years passed in the blink of an eye. Before he knew it, Link had grown into a young man!
As a taunt element
Navi appears as part of Young Link's side taunt.
- Navi, along with fellow fairies Tatl and Ciela, are the only ones of Link's partners not to be spirits in Ultimate. While Navi appears alongside Link in a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Ciela is the only fairy that has gotten an individual trophy.
- A fairy resembling Navi appears as part of Link's side taunt in Brawl and SSB4. It also appears alongside Link in a cutscene of The Subspace Emissary. As Link's appearance in those games is based on Twilight Princess, it is more likely that this fairy is meant to be the cursor fairy that appears in the Wii version of the game, instead of Navi (who doesn't appear in Twilight Princess).