Official artwork of ReDead from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Level(s) appears in||Underground Maze|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||ReDead|
ReDeads (リーデッド, ReDead) are enemies from the Legend of Zelda series.
ReDeads made their debut in Ocarina of Time, later appearing in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Their design used in the Super Smash Bros. series is based on their appearance in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. They are zombie-like creatures who normally remain stationary or move around sluggishly, but when they see Link, they release a high-pitched scream which freezes Link, allowing the ReDeads to latch onto him and bite him.
As an enemy
ReDeads are usually found in the main area with the broken, floating platforms. Usually, there are about one or two ReDeads per platform. In other areas, especially in the tunnels connecting the map, they can be found in groups of three or four.
ReDeads attack the player's fighters by limping towards them. Once the ReDead identifies its victim, it will charge at it, latch on, and bite it. The amount of damage the ReDead deals depends on the difficulty. The higher the difficulty, the more damage it deals. Mashing the controller buttons shakes the ReDead off, stopping the damaging process. After a few attacks, the ReDead will fall down on the ground, and will remain so for a few seconds; however, if left in this state, it will eventually revive and continue to walk around and attack the player. ReDeads can be defeated by dealing enough damage to remove it from the game, which will result in a ReDead KO bonus where the player receives 300 points for each ReDead KO'd.
ReDeads will sometimes leave a trophy behind when they are KO'd.
ReDeads are also likely to appear out of Crates, Barrels, and Party Balls in Melee's regular battles. They are one of three common enemies that can appear out of a container item, the other two being Goombas and Octoroks.
- Seven years after Ganondorf took control of Hyrule, ReDeads roamed the ruins of Castle Town, moaning. At first, Link was shocked at the state of the town, and the apparent lack of survivors. He later learned that the townsfolk had evacuated to safety, and that the ReDeads were just magic animated into hideous humanoid shapes.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11/98)
The ReDead appears as a sticker.
|ReDead||The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time||Attack +5|
(Zelda Ocarina of Time)
ReDeads appear as enemies, who resemble their updated look from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. ReDeads remain stationary, but when a player's fighter approaches, they release a powerful scream which stuns grounded players and pushes airborne ones. Afterwards, the ReDeads will attach with a powerful swipe. The sun from their scream will also make the player's fighter vulnerable to attacks from the other Smash Run enemies.
- These creatures may look like zombies, but ReDeads weren't human to begin with. They appear to be clay monsters fashioned in the shape of humans. They attack Link when he gets too close, the spine-chilling sound they emit difficult to describe. Don't bother—just get rid of them!
- : The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11/1998)
- : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (10/2000)
- These creatures may look like zombies, but unlike the walking dead, ReDeads have never been human. They just seem to be clay monsters fashioned in the shape of humans. They attack Link when he gets too close, making spine-chilling noises that are hard to describe with words alone. Best not to try – just get rid of them!
- : The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (12/1998)
- : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (11/2000)
In Adventure Mode: World of Light, ReDead is presumably one of the countless spirits captured by Galeem during his takeover of the universe. After Galeem's defeat, Dharkon takes control of Galeem's spirits, including ReDead. ReDead's spirit is located in the Dracula's Castle sub-dungeon of The Dark Realm.
ReDead's Spirit Battle uses an army of Mewtwo puppet fighters and is fought on the Hyrule Castle stage's Battlefield form. During the battle, Mewtwo is equipped with slow super armor and favors Disable, referencing the ReDead's slow movement and high durability and their ability to momentarily paralyze their victims with their scream.
|204||ReDead||★||1||1314||6577||537||2688||727||3636||Jump ↓||The Legend of Zelda Series|
Names in other languages
- The ReDeads are one of the few enemies in Smash Run to have a voice, which can be heard through their wails.
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|