Gordo arwork from Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
|Debut||Kirby's Dream Land (1992)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||Brawl|
|Most recent non-Smash appearance||Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (2023)|
|Console/platform of origin||Game Boy|
|Article on Wikirby||Gordo|
Gordo (ゴルドー, Gordo) is a regular enemy in the Kirby series.
Gordos debuted in Kirby's Dream Land, and later reappeared in several games. They are completely invincible and act as hazards: some of them remain stationary, while others move in a line or remain adjacent to walls and floors. A variant known as Blado exists, originating in Kirby: Canvas Curse.
The Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo/Gordo appears when thrown at a ratio of 35:10:4, which means there is an 8.2% chance of a Gordo appearing. They have very powerful vertical knockback, by far the greatest of the three, and they are capable of reliably KOing any character under 100%, even under 75% if not stale from repeated Waddle Dee Tosses. Unlike King Dedede's other minions, a thrown Gordo can be reflected back at the user. A thrown Gordo will bounce once, then disappear the next time it touches the ground. The Gordo is also unique as it behaves like an aerial attack in terms of priority: as such, a Gordo can collide with opposing hitboxes but cannot be canceled out. If it does come into contact with a hitbox that's within or above the priority range of the Gordo, the Gordo is not canceled out and it will continue along its natural trajectory while going through the opposing character without harming them. The Gordo is the only projectile in the Super Smash Bros. series to have this characteristic. Gordos that appear in King Dedede's Final Smash go at very high speeds, similar to the Waddle Dees/Doos, but are still less common, only appearing 1/4 of the time.
- A creature that sits in one place and doesn't even try to move. They won't even budge if Kirby tries to inhale them--they're the definitive obstacle. In addition, they're covered in spikes, so they damage whoever touches them. They're found stopped in groups, blocking narrow passageways, etc. Nothing's harder to get by than an encampment of Gordos.
- : Kirby's Dream Land
- : Kirby: Squeak Squad
- : Kirby's Dream Land
- : Kirby: Mouse Attack
|Gordo||Kirby: Squeak Squad||Attack +5|
(Kirby Squeak Squad)
Gordos also appear as invincible hazards. They either remain stationary or move in a set path, and can also damage enemies.
The Gordo trophy is exclusive to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- These little guys from the Kirby series look like metal balls with eyes and eight sharp spikes. They can't be defeated, so don't waste your time. Instead, try pushing your enemies onto them! Watch for two different kinds: one moves along a set path, and the other stubbornly sits in place.
- These little guys from the Kirby series look like metal balls with eyes and eight sharp spikes. They can't be defeated, so don't waste your time. Instead, try pushing your enemies onto them! Look for the two different types: the ones that follow a set route and the ones that refuse to move.
Gordo also appears as an Advanced-class primary spirit.
Gordo's Spirit Battle uses an army of Clear King Dedede puppet fighters and is fought on the Green Greens stage. During the battle, the invisible King Dedede fighters favor their side special, Gordo Throw, so that Gordos seem to appear from out of nowhere to attack.
|365||Gordo||★★||0||1912||7652||573||2295||1339||5357||No Effect||Kirby Series|
Names in other languages
- Despite what the Brawl trophy description says, Gordos are able to move.
- The Subspace Army enemy Jyk is very similar to Gordo, as both are obstacles that are harmful to the players when touched, are indestructible, and are either still or move along a fixed path.
|Enemies||Bacura · Banzai Bill · Bill Blaster · Bonkers · Boom Stomper · Bronto Burt · Bubble · Bulborb · Bullet Bill · Bumpety Bomb · Chain Chomp · Chandelure · Clubberskull · Cryogonal · Cucco · Daphne · Darknut · Devil Car · Eggrobo · Flage · Flame Chomp · Fly Guy · Gastly · Geemer · Generator · Ghost · Giant Goomba · Glice · Glire · Glunder · Goomba · Gordo · Hammer Bro · Iridescent Glint Beetle · Kihunter · Koffing · Koopa Paratroopa · Koopa Troopa · Kritter · Lakitu and Spinies · Lethinium · Lurchthorn · Magikoopa · Mahva · Megonta · Metroid · Mettaur · Mimicutie · Mite · Monoeye · Nutski · Octorok · Orne · Parasol Waddle Dee · Peahat · Petilil · Plasma Wisp · Polar Bear · Pooka · Poppant · Reaper & Reapette · ReDead · Reo · Roturret · Shotzo · Shy Guy · Skuttler · Sneaky Spirit · Souflee · Spike Top · Starman · Stalfos · Tac · Tiki Buzz · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo · Zuree|
|Fighters||Kirby (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · Meta Knight (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU) · King Dedede (SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Assist Trophies||Knuckle Joe · Nightmare · Chef Kawasaki|
|Bosses||Giant Kirby · Marx|
|Stages||Dream Land · Fountain of Dreams · Green Greens · Halberd · Dream Land GB · The Great Cave Offensive|
|Items||Maxim Tomato · Star Rod · Parasol · Warp Star · Apple · Dragoon · Superspicy Curry · Bomber|
|Enemies||Bonkers · Bronto Burt · Gordo · Parasol Waddle Dee · Plasma Wisp · Shotzo · Tac · Waddle Dee · Waddle Doo|
|Other||Gourmet Race · Whispy Woods|
|Trophies, Stickers and Spirits||Trophies (SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|
|Masterpieces||Kirby's Dream Land · Kirby's Adventure · Kirby Super Star|