Official artwork of Aria Forme Meloetta from Pokémon Black and White.
|Japanese voice actor||Yuka Terasaki|
|Article on Bulbapedia||Meloetta (Pokémon)|
Meloetta (メロエッタ, Meloetta) is a creature from the Pokémon series.
Meloetta is a mythical Pokémon, available exclusively from events and introduced in Generation V, and is categorized within the Pokédex at #648 as the "Melody Pokémon". It has two Formes, both of which represent various interpretive arts: the Normal/Psychic-type Aria Forme which represents singing and the Normal/Fighting-type Pirouette Forme which represents dance. It can switch between Formes using its signature move Relic Song, which has to be taught by a special tutor. It appears in its Aria Forme in the Smash games. In the National Pokédex, it is registered as #648.
Echoed Voice is a Normal-type move also introduced in Generation V. It starts at 40 base power, but by being used in consecutive turns its power can rise up to 200. Meloetta learns it naturally at level 36 and, like several other Pokémon, can learn it with TM49.
Meloetta can appear from both Poké Balls and Master Balls. When summoned, it does a little dance before shooting two Echoed Voice projectiles that bounce around the stage and reflect off of terrain. Each projectile does 12% and can KO at high percentages. These projectiles cannot go offscreen - rather, they rebound against the sides of the screen as if they are walls as well, making it much easier to get hit by them when the camera is zoomed in. Meloetta will repeat this twice before disappearing.
In both versions it must be unlocked by completing a specific challenge before being able to appear:
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: keep the game on for eight hours.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: beat solo All-Star Mode with Lucario on Normal or Hard.
- A Normal/Psychic-type Pokémon, Meloetta can change its Forme by using Relic Song. In Smash Bros., Meloetta appears in its Aria Forme, using an attack called Echoed Voice to send waves of sound bouncing around the stage. The more walls and platforms, the harder this is to avoid.
- : Pokémon Black & Pokémon White (03/2011)
- : Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (10/2013)
- This Normal- and Psychic-type Pokémon has the ability to change Forme mid-battle by using Relic Song. Appearing in this game in its Aria Forme, it uses Echoed Voice to send echoes shooting up and down the stage, reflecting off walls and platforms. The more obstacles there are on a stage, the harder it is to avoid!
- : Pokémon Black/White (03/2011)
- : Pokémon X/Y (10/2013)
Meloetta returns as a Poké Ball Pokémon.
Meloetta cannot be summoned on Arena Ferox.
|536||Meloetta (Aria Forme)||★★★||2||Autoheal||Pokémon Series|
Meloetta as it appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Meloetta in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Official artwork of Meloetta from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Names in other languages
- Meloetta's trophy matches its official artwork for Pokémon Black and White.