Genesect's official artwork from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
|Japanese voice actor||Yūji Ueda|
|Article on Bulbapedia||Genesect (Pokémon)|
|“||Genesect will attack either with lasers or shots of light. Both will go through walls, so be careful.||”|
|—Super Smash Bros. 4 Official Site|
Genesect (ゲノセクト, Genesect) is a creature from the Pokémon media franchise.
Genesect is a dual Bug/Steel-type Mythical Pokémon introduced in Generation V, and is categorized within the Pokédex at #649 as the "Paleozoic Pokémon". Genesect was created by Team Plasma from a fossil of an ancient insectoid Pokémon, even though their former leader, N, had the project cancelled, as he felt that Pokémon are perfect beings, and modifications through science would ruin their beauty. Team Plasma technologically enhanced it, including adding a cannon which it uses to execute its signature move, Techno Blast.
Techno Blast is a special Normal-type move with 120 base power (85 prior to Generation VI) and 100% accuracy. The move changes in type depending on the Drive Genesect holds, though it can still use the move without a held Drive.
As a Poké Ball Pokémon
Genesect appears as a Poké Ball and Master Ball Pokémon in this game. Upon release, it jumps around the stage, shooting bolts of low knockback Techno Blasts at fixed intervals with the cannon on its back. Genesect will keep firing Techno Blasts until it lands, although it will most commonly fire twice if on a flat surface.
Upon jumping and landing twice, Genesect will proceed to fire a powerful, unblockable laser with infinite range, similar to the Daybreak's except with less KO potential, though still KOing early at a decent 70%. Genesect will repeat this process again before disappearing.
- A Bug/Steel-type Pokémon, Genesect was created from a 300-million-year-old fossil and later altered to carry a giant cannon on its back. The type of Drive inserted into the cannon affects the attack type of its Techno Blast. It will follow up this attack with a long-range laser.
- : Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 (10/2012)
- : Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (10/2013)
- A Bug- and Steel-type Pokémon revived from a 300-million-year-old fossil, then modified to carry a giant cannon on its back. The type of Drive inserted into the cannon affects the attack type of its Techno Blast. After using this attack mid-jump, it attacks its target with a long-range laser that passes through obstacles.
- : Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (10/2012)
- : Pokémon X/Y (10/2013)
As a Poké Ball Pokémon
Genesect returns as a Poké Ball Pokémon, but its Techno Blast laser no longer has infinite range.
Genesect also appears as a spirit.
|537||Genesect||★★★||3||2538||7637||1434||4315||1104||3322||No Effect||Pokémon Series|
Genesect firing Techno Blast at Toon Link.
Names in other languages
- Genesect popping out during Mewtwo's character trailer for Smash 4 may reference their significant appearance together in the Pokémon movie, Genesect and the Legend Awakened, and the fact that they are both genetically modified Pokémon.