Official artwork of Normal Kyurem from Pokémon Black and White.
|English voice actor||Marc Thompson|
|Japanese voice actor||Kenta Miyake|
|French voice actor||Jean-Michel Vovk|
|German voice actor||Oliver Mink|
|Article on Bulbapedia||Kyurem (Pokémon)|
Kyurem (キュレム, Kyurem) is a creature from the Pokémon series.
Kyurem is a dual Dragon/Ice-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation V, and along with Reshiram and Zekrom, it is part of the Tao trio. Kyurem is categorized within the Pokédex at #646 as the "Boundary Pokémon". It is capable of generating a powerful, freezing energy, and can also fuse with another member of the Tao trio. Its alternate forms, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, serve as the mascots of Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 respectively. Kyurem has three signature moves, depending on its form: normal has Glaciate, which lowers Speed; Black Kyurem has Freeze Shock, which can inflict paralysis; and White Kyurem has Ice Burn, which can inflict a burn.
Icy Wind is an Ice-type special move with 55 base power and 95% accuracy, which hits all adjacent foes and lowers their Speed by one stage. It is nearly identical in function to Glaciate, albeit with 10 less power and 5 more PP. Kyurem is set to know the move at level 1; since it is always found at high levels, the Move Relearner is needed to access it.
As a Poké Ball Pokémon
- While this Dragon/Ice-type Pokémon is definitely a Pokémon, some believe it is what remained after Reshiram and Zekrom were split apart. In battle, it will generate incredibly cold energy and then unleash it using Icy Wind. This move will deal constant damage before freezing opponents.
- : Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 (10/2012)
- : Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (10/2013)
- Kyurem is thought to be an empty shell left behind when Reshiram and Zekrom split into two. Its icy energy is so powerful that it can freeze its own body. When Kyurem has built up enough energy, it can unleash Icy Wind, shooting spirals of cold left and right. It not only damages fighters but leaves them frozen.
- : Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (10/2012)
- : Pokémon X/Y (10/2013)
As a Poké Ball Pokémon
Kyurem returns as a Poké Ball Pokémon. Its attack now deals more damage against nearby opponents, and less damage against further away opponents.
Kyurem also appears as an Advanced-class support spirit while its two other forms, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, also appear as primary spirits; both of which can be summoned using the cores of Kyurem and Zekrom or Reshiram respectively.
Kyurem's Spirit Battle uses the Ice Climbers puppet fighters and is fought on the Summit stage's Battlefield form. During the battle, the player's fighter must defeat Ice Climbers in one-and-a-half-minutes while the floor is frozen, referencing Kyurem's Ice type.
|532||Kyurem (Black Kyurem)||★★★||3||2803||8432||1640||4933||1163||3499||No Effect||Pokémon Series|
|533||Kyurem (White Kyurem)||★★★||3||2814||8466||1168||3513||1646||4953||No Effect||Pokémon Series|
|531||Kyurem||★★||1||Toss & Meteor||Pokémon Series|
Kyurem as it appears in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Names in other languages