The Lightning Chariot being used in Ultimate.
|Article on Kid Icarus Wiki||Lightning Chariot|
Pit calls out "Lightning Chariot!" (光の戦車！, Chariot of Light!) and jumps aboard the Lightning Chariot and flies off-screen. A player-controlled crosshair appears, with Pit saying, "Phos! Lux! Let's go!" (行くぞ！フラッシュ！シルバー！, Let's go! Flash! Silver!); Pit will then swoop in atop the chariot to strike opponents when prompted, similar to the function of the Dragoon item.
Game crash bug
Prior to version 3.0.1 of Ultimate, on certain stages it was possible to aim the Lightning Chariot beyond the lower or side blast zones when the camera is set to "fixed". Doing so would cause the game to crash and have to be reloaded. The following stages were affected by this:
- Training (lower only)
- Mute City SNES (lower only)
- Wii Fit Studio (lower only)
- Windy Hill Zone (side only, must be aiming towards the lower part of the screen)
- Flat Zone X (side and lower)
|Move List||Pit boards the Lightning Chariot and targets opponents with a targeting reticle before charging forward and launching any opponents he hits.|
In between Chapters 17 and 18 of Kid Icarus Uprising, Palutena is possessed by the Chaos Kin, and Pit's soul is transferred to a ring. With the help of a little girl, a dog, and Magnus, the ring is connected to Pit's soulless body in Chapter 18, and he is returned to normal, and goes off to fight Palutena-—when he wonders how he is flying, it is revealed that Viridi is giving him the Power of Flight. She shows him the destruction of Skyworld, and Pit learns that Palutena's temple is blocked off by a special barrier. With no other option, Viridi pulls Pit back into her own residence and declares that, in order to break into Palutena's temple, Pit must acquire the Lightning Chariot.
In Chapter 19, Pit sets off to the Lightning Chariot Base, and climbs up the seemingly endless tower and fights through fifteen rooms of enemies in order to get to the boss chamber. At the boss chamber, he learns that he must fight the Chariot Master in order to prove himself worthy of obtaining the Lightning Chariot. After a race with the Chariot Master, he dies in front of Pit, but gives him the Lightning Chariot before he passes.
In Chapter 20, Pit, now equipped with the Lightning Chariot, uses it to break through the barrier surrounding Palutena's temple and fights Palutena to free her of Chaos Kin's control. He is successful, but the Chaos Kin nearly escapes to its home dimension through an escape portal; Dark Pit shows up in the Lightning Chariot and rams into the portal to keep it open. Pit questions his motives, but Dark Pit silences him and Viridi takes him away to prepare him for his next battle.
The Lightning Chariot is again used by Dark Pit in Chapter 23 to pierce Hades' body and rescue Pit from Hades' insides.
Names in other languages
- Dark Pit's inclusion as a separate character as opposed to an alternate costume in SSB4 was originally due to the Three Sacred Treasures belonging to Pit and Sakurai deeming it unfitting for the weapons to be used by him. The Lightning Chariot that replaces Pit's old Final Smash, however, has been used by both Dark Pit and Pit, thus defeating the original purpose of separating the two characters.
- In Palutena's Guidance for Dark Pit, Viridi mentions the Lightning Chariot being under her command, despite Pit's use of it in Ultimate. The conversation itself, however, is recycled from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.