Diddy Kong fires explosive peanuts while using Rocketbarrel Barrage in Brawl.
|Articles on Super Mario Wiki||Barrel Jet|
When activated, Diddy Kong will be able to fly around with his Rocketbarrel Pack and fire powerful shots from his Peanut Popguns. Each peanut does 8% /5% damage, while making contact with the Rocketbarrel itself causes 18% /12% damage and has more knockback than the peanuts; the final explosion does 20%.
While using the Final Smash, Diddy Kong only shoots downwards and falls very slowly. Similar to Super Sonic, Diddy Kong cannot fly past blast lines. Moving around causes Diddy Kong to angle himself, allowing different shooting angles depending on his flight path; however this usually amounts to Diddy Kong moving and shooting in opposite directions. Therefore, it is difficult to keep an opponent in Diddy Kong's attack range for very long.
When the attack ends, Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel Pack violently explodes, sending the Rocketbarrels flying in different directions. This deals no damage to Diddy Kong but just flings him into the air, which also causes helplessness in Brawl. Some peanuts left over from the attack can be consumed for a small amount of health recovery. Sakurai suggested not to fire randomly because opponents can also eat any peanuts that miss and heal themselves, although the peanuts heal very little damage compared to the damage they inflict.
|instruction booklet||Strap on the rocketbarrels and take to the sky. While flying around, you can use your peanut popguns to blast everyone you see.|
|case foldout||Fly around in the air while shooting peanuts.|
- Rocketbarrel Barrage
- Diddy Kong's Final Smash. Equipping his rocketbarrels and dual peanut popguns, Diddy can fly around attacking opponents in rapid-fire fashion. He can tilt the barrel jets left or right to control his flight and shoot peanuts straight down, too. This is a technique that tests one's ability to control both movement and attack direction.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Rocketbarrel Barrage
- Diddy Kong's Final Smash is an attack on all fronts! Diddy takes to the air with his Barrel Jet, tackling opponents as he fires explosive shots from his Peanut Popguns. His Final Smash is nearing its end when he begins flashing, so get as close to your foes as you can—the Barrel Jet will explode at the end of this Final Smash!
- With a Peanut Popgun in each hand, Diddy showers his foes with a hail of explosive destruction. This Final Smash lets him fly freely through the air, dealing damage to anyone in his way. When his body starts to flash, that means the Final Smash is about to end, so try to catch your foes in the Rocketbarrel Pack's explosion!
Rocketbarrel Barrage comes from Donkey Kong 64 as an exclusive move for Diddy Kong. When Diddy Kong jumps into a barrel that has his face on it, he bursts out of the barrel with a barrel jet pack, and two peanut popguns. Diddy Kong could fly around the area, and shoot at enemies with his peanut popguns. However, this special ability runs off of Crystal Coconuts, and when the Crystal Coconuts run out, Diddy Kong's special ability disappears. Diddy Kong also uses this move to help defeat King K. Rool by shooting at spotlights to make them fall on him.
Rocketbarrel Barrage in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Rocketbarrel Barrage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Names in other languages
- Rocketbarrel Barrage is one of the only Final Smashes that appears in the Subspace Emissary. Diddy Kong used it on the Smash Skiff carrying Donkey Kong's trophy, clearing the six Primids off.
- When Diddy Kong is using Rocketbarrel Barrage on Pirate Ship, he is able to fly underneath the ship.
- Rocketbarrel Barrage is the only Final Smash that leaves the user helpless in Brawl, unless End of Day (which causes a unique state similar to helplessness) is counted.