Mega Evolution (Lucario)
|Mega Evolution (Lucario)|
|Article on Bulbapedia||Mega Evolution|
When Lucario activates its Final Smash, it will shout "Max Aura!" (はどう最大!, Wave-Guide Maximum!), then transform into Mega Lucario.
During this state, Mega Lucario's aura attacks deal 1.8× the base damage regardless of Lucario's current damage. Unlike most transformation Final Smashes, this state does not render Lucario invincible; it will gain super armor and immunity to grabs, but will take half damage from attacks and can be footstooled during its duration. Attacks that connect with Lucario will not cause it to flinch or get knocked back in any way, but they will decrease its transformation time and cause it to transform back to normal sooner.
Mega Lucario can be affected by Super Mushrooms and Poison Mushrooms, but like all the other transformation Final Smashes, it is unaffected by Metal Boxes. Also, Mega Lucario lasts the longest of all the transformation Final Smashes when playing at normal speed, reverting back to Lucario after 14 seconds have passed.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|case foldout||Evolve into Mega Lucario. Aura power rises to max.|
- Mega Evolution (Lucario)
- In Lucario's Final Smash, it Mega Evolves into Mega Lucario. The attacks it can use don't change, but its Aura abilities become more powerful than ever, letting it deal more damage and launch opponents farther. It can also resist being launched by other fighters, but the more attacks it takes, the sooner it will transform back.
- For Lucario's Final Smash, it Mega Evolves into Mega Lucario. The attacks it can use don't change, but its Aura abilities become more powerful than ever, letting it deal even more damage and launch opponents even further. It can also resist being launched by other fighters, but the more attacks it takes, the less time the Final Smash lasts.
|505||Mega Lucario||★★★||3||2806||8421||1655||4966||993||2979||Initial Damage 30%||Pokémon Series|
Mega Evolution is a mechanic introduced in Pokémon X and Y. Only a small number of fully-evolved Pokémon, including Lucario, can Mega Evolve, and they must also hold a special Mega Stone unique to their species. Upon Mega Evolution, the Pokémon's stats increase tremendously and can easily allow it to turn the battle around. Lucario's Mega Stone is known as Lucarionite.
A notable instance where Lucario can Mega Evolve is during the final battle against Korrina, a Fighting-type specialist and the third Gym Leader in Pokémon X and Y, who not only gives the player one of her Lucario, but also has them battle her own one. Both Lucario can Mega Evolve during the battle, acting as the player's tutorial for how Mega Evolution works. It is also stated in-game that Lucario was the first Pokémon to be able to Mega Evolve, though this is contradicted by legends of Mega Rayquaza in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Names in other languages
- Unlike other transforming Final Smashes (namely, Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and Giga Mac), Mega Lucario keeps all move customizations made to it.
- Much like Wario-Man, Mega Lucario can be Screen KO'd, though it will respawn as if it was a Star KO.
- In the Nintendo Direct where this Final Smash was revealed, Masahiro Sakurai imitated the Mega Ring activation pose from Pokémon X and Y.
- In software update 1.1.3, Lucario received attribute changes, while Mega Lucario's attributes remained untouched. As a result, Mega Lucario is now slower than Lucario in all forms of mobility, including falling speed and fast falling.
- The speed multiplier of Training Mode does not affect how long (in real time) Mega Lucario lasts. It shares this trait with Wario-Man.