Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade (魅せる職人技! 道具の使い手選手権, Attractive Craftsmanship! Tool User Championship), was an Event Tourney with a theme of tools, commemorating the release of Steve, that ran from 6 a.m. on October 23, 2020 to 6 a.m. on October 26, 2020 (UTC), and was repeated from 6 a.m. on June 10, 2022 to 6 a.m. on June 13, 2022 (UTC), and was repeated again from 6 a.m. on June 9, 2023 to 6 a.m. on June 12, 2023 (UTC). During the event, only certain characters could be used.
- Guns, bombs, yo-yos, frying pans... You name it, a fighter in this tourney uses it!
- Format: Smash
- Rules: Time
- Time Limit: 2:30
- FS Meter: On
- Items: Medium
Names in other languages
- With 39 fighters, Tools of the Trade is tied with the repeat of Fighters of Many Faces for the highest number of available fighters available for a character-specific Event Tourney.
- Due to Inkling and Isabelle appearing in the event, all characters in Ultimate's base roster have been playable in at least one Event Tourney that restricts character selection.
- The banner's background features tools used by various fighters rendered in the style of Minecraft. They are the following:
- Isabelle's squeaky hammer
- Link's boomerang, bow, and remote bomb
- Snake's flare grenade used for Covering Fire
- R.O.B.'s Gyro
- King K. Rool's crown and blunderbuss
- Inkling's Splat Roller and Splattershot
- Ness's yo-yo
- Pac-Man's fire hydrant
- Samus's super missile and bomb
- Duck Hunt's can
- Daisy's parasol
- Simon and Richter's axe
- Villager's bowling ball and net
- Système D, the French name for this event, is a real-world phrase that means the ability to quickly respond and adapt to new challenges on a job.