Pac-Man using Fire Hydrant in Ultimate.
Pac-Man throws a fire hydrant below himself: enemies hit by the falling hydrant take 9% damage. If the hydrant lands on the ground, it will stay in place and shoot out water two times. The direction of the shots depends on Pac-Man's position: if he's above the hydrant, water is shot from the top, pushing characters upwards; otherwise it is shot from both sides, pushing them horizontally. All fighters, including Pac-Man himself, are affected.
The hydrant can also be attacked: once it has taken at least 13% damage (12% before version 1.0.4 of Super Smash Bros. 4), it is launched in the direction of the attack. Characters hit by the thrown hydrant (including Pac-Man if the hydrant was launched by an opponent) take 13% damage and high knockback.
A hydrant dropped on a steep incline will instantly start rolling down it, knocking away opponents and turning the move into a fast and formidable projectile in such circumstances.
If a character uses a smash attack on a fire hydrant and launches it, they will not make any sounds.
If a fire hydrant lands on an opponent then the opponent will be dealt 23.4% damage and above depending on the accuracy of the attack.
|case foldout||Drop a fire hydrant that sprays water, pushing foes.|
|Move List||Summons a fire hydrant that shoots powerful jets of water, pushing nearby fighters.|
Special Move customization was added in Super Smash Bros. 4. These are the variations:
|1. Fire Hydrant||2. On-Fire Hydrant||3. Dire Hydrant|
|"Summon a fire hydrant that shoots powerful jets of water that push nearby fighters."||"Summon a fire hydrant that unleashes fire instead of water. Careful—it'll hurt you too!"||"Summon a fire hydrant that will explode after a while or when it hits the ground."|
- Fire Hydrant: Default.
- On-Fire Hydrant: Shoots fire out three times. This fire can inflict 4% to 8% damage every time it touches anyone, including Pac-Man. Direct contact with the hydrant when Pac-Man drops it inflicts 8% damage and has a fire effect. When the hydrant is launched by an attack, any contact with it will inflict 15% damage, with lower knockback than the standard hydrant. In addition, it takes less damage to launch than the regular variation.
- Dire Hydrant: Pac-Man drops a hydrant that explodes upon touching the ground. When used in the air, the hydrant will explode after falling a short distance, or when it makes contact with a foe. The explosion will inflict 10%, and has a fire effect. Despite being an explosion, it has low knockback and is an inefficient method to KO an opponent, even at high percentages. The explosion does not hurt Pac-Man.
On-Fire Hydrant in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Dire Hydrant in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- Fire Hydrant
- Fire hydrants appear as obstacles in the game PAC-LAND. Some of them shoot water, and some even reveal items when pushed. In Smash Bros., PAC-MAN's down special puts a fire hydrant under him that shoots water to push foes. Try dropping it on someone returning to the stage!
- Arcade: PAC-LAND (1984)
- Fire hydrants appear as obstacles in the game PAC-LAND. Some of them shoot water, and some even reveal items when pushed. In this game, PAC-MAN's down special puts a fire hydrant under him that shoots water to push back foes. Try using it as a wall or dropping it on someone who's off the stage!
- Arcade: PAC-LAND (1984 (JP))
Using the Fire Hydrant on Pac-Land next to one of the stage's pre-existing Fire Hydrants can prevent Pac-Man's own Fire Hydrant from properly falling to the ground; as a result, other characters can get stuck underneath the Hydrant as it constantly "falls", inflicting significant damage to opponents.
In Ultimate, a rare glitch exists where the windbox of the Fire Hydrant can unintentionally launch characters far more than usual.
In the game Pac-Land, fire hydrants appear as common obstacles. They shoot water that can push Pac-Man away, acting as a hazard should he be pushed towards ghosts. Unlike in Smash, however, Pac-Man cannot spawn them or use them as a weapon against enemies.
Standing on the Hydrant in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Fire Hydrant as shown by the Move List in Ultimate.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (PAL)||Boca de riego|
- The Fire Hydrant has a special property in which fighters standing on it will be forced into an airborne state during a short window after water is fired upwards. This is because the water is a windbox, and windboxes cannot lift opponents off the ground, so the hydrant makes them airborne in order for them to be affected by it.
- If a fighter standing on the hydrant is invincible, they will appear to become glitched for a moment, but this is just the hydrant repeatedly putting them into the air, and them landing on it again.
- As the Fire Hydrant is a constantly active hitbox throughout its lifetime, counterattacks and moves such as Gravitational Pull can retaliate against the hydrant even if it has landed.
- Prior to the release of Ultimate, it was showcased that the blobs of water could be destroyed by both Pac-Man and his opponents. In the final game, however, this is absent.