Ness (SSBU)/Up smash
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Up smash is automatically unleashed from charging state earlier and hit less often while charging (rehit rate: 3 → 4).
- The physics of Ness' yo-yo string are stiffer. This improves the consistency of up smash at the ledge.
- The physics of Ness' yo-yo string have been reverted back to their pre-3.0.0 properties.
The move and its hitboxes has some unusual properties, which are shared with Ness' down smash:
- The yo-yo, while attached to Ness and causing him to experience hitlag alongside opponents hit, is programmed as its own object with unique tether physics. This gives the hitboxes pseudo-projectile properties; for example, they can clang with aerial attacks, and do not have their damage affected by Ness being giant or tiny.
- When shielded, the 0.67× hitlag reduction only applies to the opponent, making it comparatively less safe than other attacks.
- Compared to other smash attacks, it has a lower maximum charge damage multiplier, capping at 1.2× instead of 1.4×, and can only be held for up to 30 frames after reaching full charge instead of 120 frames.