Smash Ball Fake Out
Smash Ball Fake Out (かわせ！ 巻き込め！ スマッシュボーム乱闘 , Exchange! Engage! Smash Bomb Fray) was an Event Tourney that ran from 6 a.m. on August 7th, 2020 to 6 a.m. on August 10, 2020 (UTC) and will be repeated from 6 a.m. on March 18, 2022 to 6 a.m. on March 21, 2022 (UTC). During the event, Smash Balls and Fake Smash Balls appeared at a high frequency.
- Lots of pesky Fake Smash Balls will appear in this tourney! Will you avoid them altogether or catch enemies in the explosion?
Names in other languages
- Smash Ball Fake Out is the first Event Tourney where every character is selectable to only have specific items available.
- The picture for the Event Tourney is done in the style of a traditional "spot the difference" puzzle, with the following changes on the right side of the image:
- The Fake Smash Ball is replaced with a Smash Ball.
- Villager's nose colours are mirrored, and the inside of his net has a smaller shadow.
- Ryu has the Bunny Hood equipped, and the armhole on his gi is bigger.
- The abbreviation found on the post changes from "WVBA" to "WVAB".
- Popo and Nana are swapped.
- Luigi's eyebrows change expression.
- There is no camera flash from the audience.
- An audience member seen under Ryu's right fist has their right arm raised.