SmashWiki:Did you know
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
Did you know is part of the main page that displays "fun facts" about the Super Smash Bros. series. You can access and directly edit this section at the Did you know template. The current fun facts can be seen below:
Previously Used Fun Facts:
- ...that Pac-Man is the only character to have a substantial difference in head icons between the two versions of SSB4?
- ...that Kirby can inhale any pocketable projectile in Ultimate and spit it back out as a star?
- ...that due to an animation error, Meta Knight appears to be facing the wrong way when hit by a paralyze attack or caught in Nosferatu?
- ...that due to the presence of fan-submitted content in the form of fanmail, Nintendo has blocked the original Super Smash Bros. website from being indexed by web archiving services?
- ...that Masahiro Sakurai wanted to include Marth as a playable character in the first Super Smash Bros.?
- ...that Judge cannot select the same number twice within three usages in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but can in Super Smash Bros. 4?
- ...that Smash 64 is the only game to use 2D character artwork instead of 3D?
- ...that in Brawl, character equipment such as swords, masks and armor pieces were once planned to break during gameplay?
- ...that in SSB4, Zelda and Sheik, as well as Samus and Zero Suit Samus, were originally going to be part of one character respectively but were separated because of the Nintendo 3DS's hardware restrictions?
- ...that Wario is the only character to make his debut as a starter character but be made into an unlockable character in a succeeding title?
- ...that Dixie Kong was planned to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a tag-team with Diddy Kong before being scrapped?
- ...that Heihachi Mishima from Tekken was considered as a playable fighter for Super Smash Bros. 4, but was dropped because Masahiro Sakurai couldn't figure out how his moves would translate well into the game?
- ...that the Melee version of Battlefield has a unique series symbol that has never been used on any other stage?
- ...that Fox and Pikachu are the only characters who are currently ranked at least upper-mid tier in tier lists of every game in the series, and that have also been at the top of a tier list before?
- ...that Duck Hunt is the only character to share the same name with a stage?
- ...that in Super Smash Bros. 4, characters were originally intended to have three variations for each special move as opposed to two?
- ...that in Super Smash Bros. 4, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were originally intended to be alternate costumes for Mario, Pit, and Marth, but they were given their own slots in the roster due to originality in moves (such as Dr. Mario's Megavitamins and Dark Pit's Electroshock Arm)?
- ...that Ryu is the first and so far only fighter with two Final Smashes in one game?
- ...that Pikachu and Link are the only two characters in the original Super Smash Bros. to lack a meteor smash?
- ...that according to an interview with Masahiro Sakurai, Takamaru was considered as a possible playable character in SSB4, but the idea was later dropped due to low worldwide popularity?
- ...that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the first game in the series without an unlockable Pokémon character?
- ...that there are unused voice clips of Kirby calling out Palutena's custom special moves "Explosive Flame" and "Heavenly Light"?
- ...that in the Mushroom Kingdom II stage in Melee, the camera can be pulled out and the blast zones can be seen?
- ...that Nana of the Ice Climbers is the only female to get cut (not including playable Pokémon with unconfirmed gender)?
- ...that Super Smash Bros. 4 is the only game in the entire series not to include a new The Legend of Zelda or Star Fox character?
- ...that the trophies for Lucas, Pokémon Trainer, and the Ice Climbers in Smash 4 use their models from Brawl?
- ...that Captain Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf (pre-Smash 4), and Snake all carry weapons on their person that they never use in battle?
- ...that under certain conditions, the Ice Climbers' chant can be heard in the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS? This point was later proven false
- ...that a bug in Melee makes it so that players with a handicap level of 8 will take much less knockback than a players with a handicap level of 9?
- ...that with perfect timing, Kirby in Melee can dash attack off an edge and instantly grab upon hitting the ground?
- ...that despite the fact that she is not playable in Brawl, Palutena actually has more trophies focused on her than Pit?
- ...that Sakurai did not plan to include Ganondorf as a playable character in Melee, only including him later in development because his body had a very similar build to Captain Falcon's, allowing him to be easily added on as a last minute clone of Captain Falcon?
- ...that Masahiro Sakurai added Greninja as a Smash 4 newcomer before it made its debut in Pokémon X and Y, having initially reserved a spot on the roster for a new Pokémon?
- ...that the trophy for Daisy in early revisions of Melee has a hidden third eye underneath her hair?
- ...that in Melee, a reflection of Yoshi's Island can be seen in the trophy for Metal Mario?
- ...that Snake and the Star Fox characters have special taunts on Shadow Moses Island, Corneria, and Lylat Cruise respectively in Brawl and Melee?
- ...that Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned to be playable in Smash 64 before being cut for unknown reasons?
- ...that in Kirby's Dream Collection, one of the challenge stages features the Smash ability, which combines some of Kirby's attacks and special moves from the Smash Bros. series?
- ...that a number of trophies in Melee use an image of the Osohe Castle, from the cancelled EarthBound 64, as their reflection texture?
- ...that in the Japanese version of Melee (or if the language is set to Japanese), a Virtual Boy appears on the shelf of game consoles while viewing all collected trophies?
- ...that the Smash Bros. logo is one of the Bumper Stickers available in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption?
- ...that Samus's French character description in Smash 64 refers to her as possibly male or female?
- ...that when characters pick up Snake's cardboard boxes, Donkey Kong is the only character who will not automatically throw them?
- ...that Zap Jyks produce a water sound on impact while Hydro Jyks have an electric one?
- ...that Zero Suit Samus's name is misspelt "Zaro Suit Samus" on character selection screens?
- ...that edge recovery animations in SSB are split into two parts?
- ...that Wario and Snake are the only characters in Brawl who make noises when they eat Food?
- ...that in Super Smash Bros. 4, (dittos included), an enormous total of 1,711 character matchups are possible in a 1v1 VS. Mode match?
- ...that in Melee's Event 39, if the player uses Sing while being shown on the background screen, the area of effect is much larger, and the opponents sleep much longer?
- ...that in Brawl, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi each have a 1/493 chance of being released from a Poké Ball, reflecting the number of Pokémon available in Generation IV?