Art Academy (universe)
|Art Academy (universe)|
Disney Interactive Studios
|Console/platform of origin||Nintendo DSi (DSiWare)|
|First installment||Art Academy: First Semester (2009)|
|Latest installment||Disney Art Academy (2016)|
Art Academy (絵心教室, Artistic Taste Classroom) is a series of art training games released for the DSiWare, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, retail Wii U (Japan and PAL regions only), and Wii U eShop.
The game was initially developed as a response to the miriad of art creation tools and software that made appearances on the Nintendo DS. The first installment was released on DSiWare in 2009 title Art Academy: First Semester. A followup titled Art Academy: Second Semester was also released for DSiWare a few weeks later. Both releases were combined and given a physical release in 2010, simply titled Art Academy. The premise of the game is to utilize the features of the DS to learn basic drawing/painting techniques in fun ways. The game features a relatively small amount of very realistic digital art tools as a way to understand what they are and how to use them.
A sequel was released in 2012 for Nintendo 3DS titled Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone. Alongside more lessons and more art tools, the game uses the 3D effect to create unique artworks that can only be made on the system. Art Academy: SketchPad was released in 2013 on the Wii U eshop. While it did not come packaged with any lessons, it was made compatible with Miiverse, specifically allowing color on posts.
A spin-off crossover with the Pokémon series for the Nintendo 3DS called Pokémon Art Academy, releasing in 2014. A full physical release for Wii U, titled Art Academy: Home Studio released in 2015. The game came with all the features from SketchPad along with proper lessons. The final entry was another crossover for 3DS in 2016, this time with Disney, titled Disney Art Academy.
- His real name is Vincent, but he prefers the shortened version. Maybe it's to help put you at ease. This great artist will teach you all sorts of techniques to help you produce a real masterpiece of your very own. Pretty nice of him, right? Once you get the hang of things, why not draw a portrait of Vince himself to say thanks?
- : Art Academy: First Semester
- : Art Academy: SketchPad
- Vince: When summoned, he'll draw paintings onto the stage, each of which follows an opponent, hiding them and dealing a constant small amount of damage to them.
- "Swan Lesson": The theme that plays during Vince's explanations.
Vince appears as a spirit.
|1,237||Vince||★★||1||Battering Items ↑|
Games with elements appearing in the Super Smash Bros. series
- Playable characters:
- Assist Trophies:
- "Swan Lesson": The music from lesson 9 of this game, directly ported.