Devil World (universe)
|Devil World (universe)|
|Console/platform of origin||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|First installment||Devil World (1984)|
|Latest installment||Devil World (1984)|
Devil World (デビルワールド, Devil World) is a Famicom/NES game released only in Japan (October 5, 1984) and Europe (July 15, 1987). Over two decades later, it was rereleased for the Wii Virtual Console, though still only in Japan and Europe; it would finally be released in North America through Nintendo Switch Online in October 2023.
Devil World is represented in Melee by the Tamagon trophy.
- This is the main character of a Japanese NES game never released in North America. In this quirky maze game, your goal was to work your way through a series of scrolling mazes while battling the cyclopean henchmen of a large, winged demon. Tamagon not only had to worry about the evil creatures, but also the walls, which were extremely harmful.
- : Devil World (Japan only)
The Tamagon trophy was inaccessible without an Action Replay (or other means of hacking) in the NTSC version of Melee, and was removed completely from the PAL version. "Demon World" (as the English translation of Melee incorrectly calls the game) was listed as "Japan Only" in error, as the game was released in Europe.
The Devil appears as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Once summoned, he will fly to the top of the screen and point in various directions. When the Devil points in a certain direction, the camera will move the opposite way, blast lines included.
- A devil who wields serious power in Devil World. In the game, the devil floats above the maze and commands by pointing. When it gives orders, its cyclopean minions turn cranks that scroll the maze in different directions. When Tamagon, your character in the game, places all the stage's books into a hole, the devil turns into a bat and flies away. It's quite striking, no?
- : Devil World
The NTSC version of Brawl again mistakenly lists the game (albeit under its correct name) as "Japan Only". The PAL version corrects this.
|Tamagon||Devil World||Resistance +11|
The Devil returns from Brawl as an assist trophy, still changing the camera and blast line locations.
- A devil who holds absolute authority in Devil World. When he appears, he'll fly into the sky as a bat and then transform into his devil form. He'll then begin to point frantically in different directions, scrolling the stage where he points. You're...not really helping things, buddy.
- A devil who appears to hold absolute power in Devil World. In bat form, it flies to its perch, then turns back into a devil and begins waving frantic orders to make the screen scroll all different ways. Considering that it's an assist trophy, it's not doing much in the way of assisting.
- : Devil World (JP & EU)
The Devil returns again as an assist trophy, still changing the camera and blast line locations.
The Devil and Tamagon both appear as spirits.
- Despite being the same artwork, the sticker and spirit for Tamagon have significantly different coloring and contrast. The reason for this discrepancy is unknown.