User talk:Omega Tyrant
I have email notifications turned on for whenever someone edits my talkpage, so even if I'm not around, I will be notified and will come around to check it out. You can also find me on Discord, where I go by the same name and have an avi of R.O.B. holding a Cacodemon plushie. If it's urgent and I'm not on here nor on the Discord, you can try messaging me on my Youtube, my Twitter, and my reddit account. You can also private message me on Discord, on those latter three accounts, and on email, if you want to speak to me privately for whatever reason.
I play Ultimate with anyone that challenges me, regardless of their skill level, as long as you aren't someone with an unwarranted ego that will make excuses for losing. If you want to play me, contact me here or on one of the other suggested contact methods and add my NNID. If you do play me, be sure to have tourney rules set unless noted otherwise.
(1)Many of my edits are usually erased, why does this keep happening? (2)Do you have the 3ds version of Smash 4 or the Wii u version? I think I might want to challenge you sometime, but I only have the 3ds version.Rimigafob (talk) 13:45, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
- If you edits are getting reverted, you should read the edit summary of the edits reverting yours to see why your edit got reverted. And I have both versions, but as said on my userpage, I really dislike 3DS controls for Smash, so I won't play people on the 3DS version. Omega Tyrant 01:35, 11 May 2017 (EDT)
Hey, a while back I made the page for Flame Choke in Brawl, but I'm not certain that I got the followups right. My test was time-consuming, but also fairly rudimentary, so I am not sure if all of it is accurate. I'm under the impression that you are familiar with Ganon in Brawl. Would you mind checking it out when you get the chance? John HUAH! 17:19, 21 May 2017 (EDT)
- I don't quite remember all of the followups off Brawl Flame Choke off the top of my head, but I do noticed a lot of these are wrong. For example, a lot of characters get up too fast for d-tilt to hit, like Falco, Sheik, Lucario, and Ganon himself, while the skinny ones can't be hit with jab either, then Olimar is the only character in the game who gets up slow enough for d-smash to hit (which is still true in Smash 4).
- There should be a list somewhere on Smashboards listing the guaranteed Flame Choke followups. Omega Tyrant 16:38, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
First off, congrats on your upcoming marriage! You've certainly done well, haven't you?
Second off, I need your help involving this forum. As someone who I definitely know was heavily invested in Brawl's metagame to the very end, probably moreso than anyone else on the Wiki, is the matchup chart for Brawl still relatively accurate, given the relative stagnancy of the metagame since its publication, or is it pretty out-of-date?
- Thanks, it is a surprise seeing you here, I thought you disappeared from the wiki a while ago. Omega Tyrant 16:38, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
- Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated.
- It seems we mostly missed each other back in Summer to Fall of 2016, when I last got back into editing after my departure in early 2015. I never truly disappear from SmashWiki, I just take leaves of absence, whether it's from schoolwork, boredom with Smash, or similar matters. It's a shame you're not as active as you once were, I miss your arse-kicking as an admin, but hey, real life comes first. Thanks for everything you've done.
Legitimacy of set wins
Hi! I was referred to you in the wake of some confusion as to how we are to classify Charliedaking's set against ZeRo at MSM 104, which Charlie won 2-0. To this point, it's been in practice that we add a short sentence detailing the win on ZeRo in the main blurb of any player with a win on ZeRo (Joe Smash is the Xth player to take a set off of ZeRo, doing so at WhereverCon 20XX, etc). We'd normally chalk this down as the 26th player with that win, except this is the first time the win has happened in which ZeRo was ONLY playing his secondaries. The person I was discussing it with listed you as an admin knowledgeable on the competitive scene enough to determine the process for this, specifically:
- Do we or do we not count this win as "a win on ZeRo" in the same way as all the others?
- If we do not, what specifically do we count as "a win on ZeRo," other than entirely subjective reasons or a case-by-case basis?
- Should the more recent/less notable wins on ZeRo even have a place in their blurb outside of ZeRo's name being a part of their list of notable wins? (In response to this specifically, I made a subpage that could potentially be used in place of these blurbs, perhaps as some sort of "See also" to ZeRo's page or the pages of any of them.)
The discussion in question took place here, if you'd like to read through it. Sorry to bother you, but this overall seems like an issue that could use some resolution before we let it keep sliding and we have 50 or 100 pages with sentences about how the player beat ZeRo. Thank you for your time :)
- Originally, I wasn't going to comment on here, but when you created the userpage, I was reminded of this failed proposal. OT left his thoughts about it on there, too.
- TL;DR: Singling out ZeRo is probably not the best course of action. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 05:46, 11 July 2017 (EDT)
- I echo what I said before on the topic Jamal linked that wins on Zero shouldn't be singled out as something especially special, as there are too many people who have beaten him to have treated it as such, and if we're going to track individual wins and losses in depth, we should be tracking entire records between players so it's not just trivia. As for if we should refer to the win at all on CDK's page as if it was a standard win, no as Zero was explicitly going secondaries to practise them in what was ultimately just a weekly, and no one with common sense would consider such a win with the usual weight. Not to mention that rating systems like the PGR don't count weeklies in their system as it is. Omega Tyrant 21:53, 11 July 2017 (EDT)
For Glory matchmaking
- Yea, I was just about to mention that. It's specifically here. Aidan, the Rurouni 11:50, 26 September 2017 (EDT)
SSBU character pages
We added notice templates to all SSBU character pages explaining not to add data values as they are subject to change. And as per your proposal, we removed specefic data claims (like specific amounts of damage % and frames); however, we did not know if that also meant all mentions of general buffs or nerfs should be removed (like just generally saying Mario's fireballs do more damage, as a made up example).
Also, as per SmashWiki is not speculative, shouldn't all the SSBU character pages be semi-protected? "Major articles about unreleased content (such as character articles) will be immediately semi-protected until release to prevent speculation." And one more thing, shouldn't SSBU's alternate costumes page be semi-protected too since all the other ones are? Thank you. VoqéoT 05:02, 6 July 2018 (EDT)
Derek has been violating 1RV multiple times, to the point where I'm doing it myself. He's also been making edits without a summary, causing me and Aidan to revert his edits. I'm literally done dealing with his nonsense. SugarCookie 420 11:57, 13 February 2019 (EST)
Infobox for sponsor articles.
Hello, I talked about this draft to Disaster Flare. I noticed sponsor articles does not have an infobox, so I decided to draft one: Template:Infobox Team. I was wondering if you would like to check my draft, and I'm happy if you decide to edit to improve the template if necessary. Derekblue1 (talk) 07:10, April 22, 2020 (EDT)
- Tyrant is only semi active so he probably won't respond. If you want my opinion though it looks fine. If you want opinions from other admins try asking Aidanzapunk or Serpent King because they're the most active after Flare. OmegαToαd64 • the Best Kαrter 07:51, April 22, 2020 (EDT)