User talk:Omega Tyrant
I have email notifications turned on for whenever someone edits my talkpage, so even if I'm not around, I will be notified and will come around to check it out. You can also find me on Discord, where I go by the same name and have an avi of R.O.B. holding a Cacodemon plushie. If it's urgent and I'm not on here nor on the Discord, you can try messaging me on my Youtube, my Twitter, and my reddit account. You can also private message me on Discord, on those latter three accounts, and on email, if you want to speak to me privately for whatever reason.
I play Ultimate with anyone that challenges me, regardless of their skill level, as long as you aren't someone with an unwarranted ego that will make excuses for losing. If you want to play me, contact me here or on one of the other suggested contact methods and add my NNID. If you do play me, be sure to have tourney rules set unless noted otherwise.
(1)Many of my edits are usually erased, why does this keep happening? (2)Do you have the 3ds version of Smash 4 or the Wii u version? I think I might want to challenge you sometime, but I only have the 3ds version.Rimigafob (talk) 13:45, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
- If you edits are getting reverted, you should read the edit summary of the edits reverting yours to see why your edit got reverted. And I have both versions, but as said on my userpage, I really dislike 3DS controls for Smash, so I won't play people on the 3DS version. Omega Tyrant 01:35, 11 May 2017 (EDT)
Hey, a while back I made the page for Flame Choke in Brawl, but I'm not certain that I got the followups right. My test was time-consuming, but also fairly rudimentary, so I am not sure if all of it is accurate. I'm under the impression that you are familiar with Ganon in Brawl. Would you mind checking it out when you get the chance? John HUAH! 17:19, 21 May 2017 (EDT)
- I don't quite remember all of the followups off Brawl Flame Choke off the top of my head, but I do noticed a lot of these are wrong. For example, a lot of characters get up too fast for d-tilt to hit, like Falco, Sheik, Lucario, and Ganon himself, while the skinny ones can't be hit with jab either, then Olimar is the only character in the game who gets up slow enough for d-smash to hit (which is still true in Smash 4).
- There should be a list somewhere on Smashboards listing the guaranteed Flame Choke followups. Omega Tyrant 16:38, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
First off, congrats on your upcoming marriage! You've certainly done well, haven't you?
Second off, I need your help involving this forum. As someone who I definitely know was heavily invested in Brawl's metagame to the very end, probably moreso than anyone else on the Wiki, is the matchup chart for Brawl still relatively accurate, given the relative stagnancy of the metagame since its publication, or is it pretty out-of-date?
- Thanks, it is a surprise seeing you here, I thought you disappeared from the wiki a while ago. Omega Tyrant 16:38, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
- Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated.
- It seems we mostly missed each other back in Summer to Fall of 2016, when I last got back into editing after my departure in early 2015. I never truly disappear from SmashWiki, I just take leaves of absence, whether it's from schoolwork, boredom with Smash, or similar matters. It's a shame you're not as active as you once were, I miss your arse-kicking as an admin, but hey, real life comes first. Thanks for everything you've done.
Legitimacy of set wins
Hi! I was referred to you in the wake of some confusion as to how we are to classify Charliedaking's set against ZeRo at MSM 104, which Charlie won 2-0. To this point, it's been in practice that we add a short sentence detailing the win on ZeRo in the main blurb of any player with a win on ZeRo (Joe Smash is the Xth player to take a set off of ZeRo, doing so at WhereverCon 20XX, etc). We'd normally chalk this down as the 26th player with that win, except this is the first time the win has happened in which ZeRo was ONLY playing his secondaries. The person I was discussing it with listed you as an admin knowledgeable on the competitive scene enough to determine the process for this, specifically:
- Do we or do we not count this win as "a win on ZeRo" in the same way as all the others?
- If we do not, what specifically do we count as "a win on ZeRo," other than entirely subjective reasons or a case-by-case basis?
- Should the more recent/less notable wins on ZeRo even have a place in their blurb outside of ZeRo's name being a part of their list of notable wins? (In response to this specifically, I made a subpage that could potentially be used in place of these blurbs, perhaps as some sort of "See also" to ZeRo's page or the pages of any of them.)
The discussion in question took place here, if you'd like to read through it. Sorry to bother you, but this overall seems like an issue that could use some resolution before we let it keep sliding and we have 50 or 100 pages with sentences about how the player beat ZeRo. Thank you for your time :)
- Originally, I wasn't going to comment on here, but when you created the userpage, I was reminded of this failed proposal. OT left his thoughts about it on there, too.
- TL;DR: Singling out ZeRo is probably not the best course of action. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 05:46, 11 July 2017 (EDT)
- I echo what I said before on the topic Jamal linked that wins on Zero shouldn't be singled out as something especially special, as there are too many people who have beaten him to have treated it as such, and if we're going to track individual wins and losses in depth, we should be tracking entire records between players so it's not just trivia. As for if we should refer to the win at all on CDK's page as if it was a standard win, no as Zero was explicitly going secondaries to practise them in what was ultimately just a weekly, and no one with common sense would consider such a win with the usual weight. Not to mention that rating systems like the PGR don't count weeklies in their system as it is. Omega Tyrant 21:53, 11 July 2017 (EDT)
For Glory matchmaking
- Yea, I was just about to mention that. It's specifically here. Aidan, the Rurouni 11:50, 26 September 2017 (EDT)
SSBU character pages
We added notice templates to all SSBU character pages explaining not to add data values as they are subject to change. And as per your proposal, we removed specefic data claims (like specific amounts of damage % and frames); however, we did not know if that also meant all mentions of general buffs or nerfs should be removed (like just generally saying Mario's fireballs do more damage, as a made up example).
Also, as per SmashWiki is not speculative, shouldn't all the SSBU character pages be semi-protected? "Major articles about unreleased content (such as character articles) will be immediately semi-protected until release to prevent speculation." And one more thing, shouldn't SSBU's alternate costumes page be semi-protected too since all the other ones are? Thank you. VoqéoT 05:02, 6 July 2018 (EDT)
Derek has been violating 1RV multiple times, to the point where I'm doing it myself. He's also been making edits without a summary, causing me and Aidan to revert his edits. I'm literally done dealing with his nonsense. SugarCookie 420 11:57, 13 February 2019 (EST)
Infobox for sponsor articles.
Hello, I talked about this draft to Disaster Flare. I noticed sponsor articles does not have an infobox, so I decided to draft one: Template:Infobox Team. I was wondering if you would like to check my draft, and I'm happy if you decide to edit to improve the template if necessary. Derekblue1 (talk) 07:10, April 22, 2020 (EDT)
- Tyrant is only semi active so he probably won't respond. If you want my opinion though it looks fine. If you want opinions from other admins try asking Aidanzapunk or Serpent King because they're the most active after Flare. OmegαToαd64 • the Best Kαrter 07:51, April 22, 2020 (EDT)
I'm very sorry for making disruptive edits here, and for saying a very snarky and snipey edit summary towards you.
- Just don't that shit and listen from now on when an admin tells you to knock something off, and it'll be fine. Omega Tyrant 18:37, March 4, 2021 (EST)
Do you know about any info for the 2nd tier list discussion?
Since you're both an admin here and an active competitive player, do you know if and when the 2nd tier list discussion would start? I have an idea for how the tier lists could be averaged: each tier placement is worth however many points the ranking is, then the add up the points from each tier list, with the final aggregated list being in reverse order of how many points each character has. As for getting the tier numbers such as S, A, etc, with 86 slots on the character select screen, plus 5 for using just Pyra/Mythra or one Pokemon Trainer pokemon, there are 91 spots on the tier list, enough to have exactly 13 characters per tier if there are 7 tiers. I asked Toomai last month with the same suggestions, but he hasn't replied to it, so I'm wondering if you know anything about when the actual discussion would start, if it would be closed to non-vote suggestions like the last one, or my suggestion is reasonable. 188.8.131.52 20:45, March 18, 2021 (EDT)
- I'm not involved with whatever Toomai is planning, so I'm just as much in the dark about it as everyone else is. For what you suggested, I will say though that having the same amount of characters in every tier isn't how tiers are supposed to work; the purpose of tiers are to represent where the relative gaps in viability are, rather than as a means to just arbitrarily organize each character. There is no real limit to the amount of characters that could appropriately go into the same tier, you could really have everyone in one tier if they were all around the same viability, and to arbitrary limit how many characters go into each tier is just misrepresenting how viable each character is (same reason the "top 5/top 10/top whatever" tiers that are popular in personal tier lists are really stupid and is a trend that should die). Omega Tyrant 21:10, March 18, 2021 (EDT)
- Probably not, while I did things a bit differently than how Toomai handled his "cloneosity" page and so it wouldn't be entirely redundant (namely considering how the moves function and the characters' movement/physics), it would ultimately probably come to the same conclusions on how to categorize each clone even if the percentages differ, and I'm not really interested in arguing over minute details, especially when my method is more open to interpretation than Toomai's and so would attract more argumentation. Wiki arguments, especially of the pointless variety, played a large part in burning me out long ago and leading to the subsequent inactivity, so whenever I've been around since the post-Smash 4 era I tended to avoid arguments when I can. Omega Tyrant 22:09, March 18, 2021 (EDT)
Nope, I didn't have a backup nor a draft. I wasn't aware I'd need to do that. The best I have are a very limited number of snippets from the various pages I pranked.
HOWEVER, as long as that imgur album exists, I could, in theory, replicate it as long as I have the page histories to reference, but it would be extremely tedious.
- It's not necessary, so it's not something you need to do, it just would be something nice to have to look back on. It's up to you if you want to recreate a backup in your user space. Omega Tyrant 23:57, April 1, 2021 (EDT)
- I could, and I want to, but I'd have to work on it over the span of a few weeks instead of crunching it out in under a day in order not to burn myself out. Not to mention I'd need help from the admins because the prank included editing templates. Yeah.
- Oh, and the Donkey Kong page wasn't the only one I pranked. Ignoring a bunch of smaller edits to keep things consistent around the wiki, the other big articles hit were the Donkey Kong universe article and the list of Donkey Kong music in SSBU. Mostly it was just me adding music though. Funny thing, every music I claimed was a new remix actually had a link to a remix, and I credited the creators of the remixes in the "Composition & Arrangements" section.
- Anyway, I'll have to set aside some time to do it. Though looking at my Rock Howard page, don't be surprised if it takes a long time or just doesn't finish. TotallyNotAutomated (talk) 00:05, April 2, 2021 (EDT)
Do you remember when Zelda was revealed for Melee?
Since Zelda was the only starter character who wasn't revealed at E3 2001, I'm curious about when she was actually revealed. I put in her page regular and melee pages that she was unofficially revealed when the box art was since I couldn't find any other melee marketing videos, but I don't know for certain since I wasn't born when melee came out. Since you were born 10 years before melee's release, was there a Nintendo magazine that revealed Zelda, or is the exact date and/or method of her reveal a complete mystery? 184.108.40.206 19:50, June 2, 2021 (EDT)