I would like to know your source for the Brawl boss images (I assume some sort of presskit, but which one). My question is mostly because they're an incomplete set, so now the Brawl artworks have a significant inconsistency (both file type and transparent vs. opaque background). Toomai Glittershine The Chronicler 06:46, 13 July 2018 (EDT)
- I got them from PidgiWiki (sadly it doesn't point to any sources).
- I couldn't properly find sources for the other bosses because it was late and I was on mobile, so I figured I could do that the day after and upload at least the pink-background ones so those at least stay consistent. I'll see what I can do now. — Nokiiε (T·C·L) 18:45, 13 July 2018 (EDT)
- I'm very hesitant to use any images that we don't know the source of, especially in this case where what he have is quite good enough for what we need. So if we can't figure out where those images came from I'll just change them back to how they were. Toomai Glittershine The Indescribable 21:14, 13 July 2018 (EDT)
Okay this is getting kind of ridiculous. We really don't need images that are above 1,000 pixels in size when they're just being used at ~250 for infoboxes and such; all it does is take up more space and make the image renderer do more work when it has to refresh thumbnails. (Example: the bigger version of ManaphyBrawl.jpg is 15 times larger in filesize, and it's not being used for anything beyond its smaller size.) Can you please not replace images that are already of acceptable quality for their purpose? Toomai Glittershine The Riotous 15:37, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
- Yes please quit doing that. We don't need larger images of things we already have, all that does is increase load times.
16:09, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
- Right, right. Sorry, I'll be more careful next time.
- I had assumed that uploading the now-reverted images were fine since the SSBU character renders alone are huge and have filesizes bordering the 10 MB limit. Last time I checked any discussion about them I didn't see any confirmation that these were the only exception to the rule, so I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding.
- Speaking of the renders, I noticed you reverted some of the outlineless renders that I uploaded. Assuming you won't revert the others' renders as well, are those OK to reupload? — Nokiiε (T·C·L) 17:10, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
Ultimate website pics
Okay I have to ask, how are you finding the website pictures again? I've been wanting to upload a good amount of them for a while, but I don't know how. Speed48 21:21, 1 September 2018 (EDT)
- I've already explained my method here, in the second response. — Nokii (T·C·L) 21:29, 1 September 2018 (EDT)
- Okay, thank you! Speed48 22:02, 1 September 2018 (EDT)
Isabelle's extra fighter pics
This has been puzzling me for a bit: where did you find the extra four pics for Isabelle exactly? Speed48 00:44, 20 September 2018 (EDT)
- They're from a press kit (here's a mirror), which is also where I got the 1080p versions of the existing 720p website pics.
- They don't come from the website per se, but I had no idea what to name them, so I kept the "SSBUWebsite" prefix from the previous pics. — Nokii (T·C·L) 00:59, 20 September 2018 (EDT)
Originally, when I had added a picture of Sonic before, it was just of his original character art. But I was told that along the lines that it was not necessary unless it was related to Smash and if the art differed. Like Little Mac for example (of which I was not the one who added it): His most recent appearance is of Punch Out for the Wii (Sonic is Sonic Forces), while in the character description contains art for his original appearance in Punch Out for NES (Sonic was the original Sonic the Hedgehog). Their current appearance, although similar, is noticeably different to their original. (Plus, Knuckles has it the same as well) Although I can make similar to Knuckles by adding a screenshot of Sonic within his original game. (I thought the last one I added was). Wolff (talk) 02:13, 26 October 2018 (EDT)
- For reference, the NES Punch-Out picture on Little Mac's page is because that game was the basis of his Brawl design as an Assist Trophy. It isn't just "character gets older art for the heck of it". Miles (talk) 15:21, 26 October 2018 (EDT)
- I thought the character descriptions were suppose to have their origin appearance if it differed noticeably in some way (if not character art, then in game screenshot/sprite/model) such as Knuckles in Sonic's case? Next time, at least in the case for Ryu and Sonic, I'll upload a picture in the discussion to see if others agree if it should be added or not. Thank you Miles (talk) for taking the time to explain this to me. Wolff (talk) 15:46, 26 October 2018 (EDT)