From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
|28/06/18 – 21/11/18
Could not edit user page
Hey Toomai, just letting you know that Smash Wiki will not allow me to edit my own user page because it says "you do not have permission to create this page" and I was wondering if you could do anything about it. Thanks for your help and understanding.
- I’m not Toomai, but because the wiki is in a Red status, all userspace editing is restricted to autoconfirmed users. Please also keep in mind that userspace editing is currently heavily restricted for the same reason, so even once you do gain access, please try to make userspace edits sparingly, and do as much editing in the mainspace as you can in the meantime. Hope this helps. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 20:15, 8 July 2018 (EDT)
Violations of SW:1RV
It seems like SW:1RV has been more-or-less forgotten as of late. Every time I've logged on recently there's yet another edit war going on. Fortunately, they're usually pretty minor, but they also seem to be much more common than usual. Despite the policy clearly stating the only exceptions are vandalism and obviously false information like Mewtwo being in Brawl, it seems like most users have decided that they have final say over grammar, what qualifies as good trivia, how to handle unclear facts about Ultimate, etc., and no one is putting any effort into discussing it, just repeatedly undoing each other. The culprits aren't consistently the same people so it seems pointless to issue warnings, but I do think it's something that needs to be addressed -- I'm just not sure how would be the best way to go about it. TheNuttyOne 11:55, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
- It's probably just because more edits means it's harder to catch everything and keep up with all that's going on, so people just edit and move on. I disagree that warnings are pointless. Toomai Glittershine The Cloronic 15:39, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
- I'm going to throw my paws up and admit that I've been guilty of this myself as of late, however I will attempt to mostly defend my actions by saying that usually when I do this, it's because some other policy was being violated at the time, which to be fair, 1RV permits. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 19:29, 14 July 2018 (EDT)
Revision deletion request
I saw that This IP made a ton of revisions with the f bomb, and I believe that because of those offensive words it should be deleted, I know that SmashWiki is not censored, but that is a breach of that policy by abusing the the policy. George Jones 12:40, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
- Revisions only get deleted when information in an edit is extremely unsafe for the general public. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 12:42, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
- Well there are also children that browse the site you know. George Jones 12:45, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
SmashWiki is not censored. Awesomelink234, the Super Cool Sonic Fan Leave a message if needed 12:50, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
- Not Toomai, but request denied. No need to delete standard vandalism revisions. Serpent King 14:57, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
Yeah that's not gonna fly. Revision deletion is the nuclear option for stuff like personal information or extremely offensive content. Typical vandalism's not sufficient. Toomai Glittershine The Sharp 22:09, 23 July 2018 (EDT)
Super mushroom anomaly in Brawl
I'm not sure why this is, but for some reason although it normally has a multiplier of 1.56, when used on Captain Falcon in Brawl it seems to have a much higher damage multiplier. Do you know why this is? Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 12:33, 26 July 2018 (EDT)
- I can't say I know either, but I will say that we have that detail noted, and it's not exclusive to Falcon. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 13:06, 26 July 2018 (EDT)
Cannot View All Characters Under Tier list
Hey Toomai, I was speaking to Aidan on gmail about this and he suggested contacting you. My issue is viewing all of the characters under Smash 4 tier list. It tends to cut off 28 and 45 over on the right side. I am using Google Chrome on my Mac. I try to zoom in/out, but that does not work, and it also does not allow me to scroll over to see them all. Also I notice while I am at my HP using Chrome, it has a similar issue. But this only arises when I make my window smaller.
I had another friend try it as well, and he is having the same issue. On mobile we are at least able to scroll over to see all the characters, but desktop does not let us. Any ideas on how to fix it or possibly make the character tier list a smaller image? Maybe just a possibility to scroll?
I was thinking maybe one suggestion is bring that image towards the front? It seems to be that the white side of the page that has the "Ads keep SmashWiki independent and free:)" starts to cover the image. Is it possible to bring the image to the front so it is over that white page?
Thanks EKnopp21 (talk) 09:34, 18 September 2018 (EDT)
- So, I'm not Toomai, but I happen to also use Chrome on Mac and have not had this problem. Perhaps you are running an old version of Chrome? If so see if updating it fixes the problem. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 16:43, 18 September 2018 (EDT)
Well the easy answer is to just stay logged in so the ads go away, but yes I see what you mean. I'll make a tweak to the table that works elsewhere and see if that helps. Toomai Glittershine The Polychromatic 06:46, 19 September 2018 (EDT)
Do you know how long it takes for the ads to go away? I actually have not seen any ads, maybe because I have an ad blocker? Should I just turn it off? But oh my God thank you so much for adding that scroll bar!! EKnopp21 (talk) 11:45, 19 September 2018 (EDT)
Please change my username
Hello Toomai. I've been wanting to change my username since people are obviously finding it offensive and as an argument starter by itself. Please change my username to S.Palmer instead.
Thanks in advance! —S+ Tier (List) | 12:35, 18 September 2018 (EDT)
- As SW:NAMECHANGE says, post here again in a few days to complete the rename. Toomai Glittershine The Polychromatic 06:46, 19 September 2018 (EDT)
- Yes, I'd like to confirm. —S+ Tier (List) | 00:17, 27 September 2018 (EDT)
Hey Toomai, just wanted to give you a head's up that I'm back to being active here. I'll mostly work behind the scenes, cleaning up the writing (there's a lot of passive voice, incomplete sentences, etc.), but am also happy to help out where needed. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 22:03, 23 October 2018 (EDT)
A Rename Request
Sorry to bother you about this, but could you change my username if you don't mind? I want it to be "IkOzael", changin' the zero to an o just to keep it consistent with my other profiles on other websites. I plan on gettin' back to updating things on SmashWiki after being absent some time after Sm4sh's lifespan.
Ik0zael (talk) 14:29, 4 November 2018 (EST)
- as per SW:NAMECHANGE write back here or on my talk page in a few days to confirm. Serpent King 14:36, 4 November 2018 (EST)
I'm ready to change my username.
Ik0zael (talk) 22:14, 8 November 2018 (EST)
Username change request
I'd like my username to be changed to "Ardub23" to match the name I use on other sites and wikis. I'll be back in a few days to confirm. Thanks! Randomwaffle23 (talk) 16:13, 6 November 2018 (EST)
- Okay then. Toomai Glittershine The Irrepressible 20:50, 6 November 2018 (EST)
- I'm back to confirm. Randomwaffle23 (talk) 13:22, 10 November 2018 (EST)
Tabs for Boxing Ring titles
Per my latest comment on Talk:Boxing Ring, I think the way localized Boxing Ring titles are being handled in Ultimate is going to be make things very messy if we try to put the Smash 4 and Ultimate titles in the same table. The ideal solution would be to use tabs, so we can put one table for each game in the same spot on the page and allow the user to switch between them. I'm picturing something like the special moves navigation box, but where clicking the icons actually changes the content in-place instead of sending you to a different page. Apparently there is a tabs extension for MediaWiki, which I imagine only Porplemontage can add, and which would require additional styling once added. Thoughts on this? Alternatives include stacking the two tables with expand/collapse toggles (collapsed by default for Smash 4 once Ultimate is out), or making a list article for each game instead of keeping the tables in the Boxing Ring article. SuperFalconBros (talk) 14:19, 8 November 2018 (EST)
Alternate costume image sizes for Ultimate
I feel the image size for Smash 4's alternate costumes is rather small. The image size on the page is one thing, but it should at least be clickable to see the costumes in higher quality. Assuming you'll be assembling the final templated images for Ultimate, can you consider making them something like 3 times bigger? SuperFalconBros (talk) 18:36, 19 November 2018 (EST)
- This is a hard balance to get right because it's important to have the Find Mii colour bar at the bottom be a crisp and readable thickness at page viewing size while not simultaneously being an ugly eyesore at full size. I do believe the SSB4 ones are smaller than they need to be partly because there wasn't good access to large images at the time of creation, so if that was the major hurdle SSBU probably won't be the same. (Maybe I could try sizing up the SSB4 ones as a test?) Toomai Glittershine The Quiet 06:40, 20 November 2018 (EST)
- If it's tricky to deal with the color bar, maybe the template could be adjusted so that's a separate image? The stock heads are already separate. SuperFalconBros (talk) 10:19, 20 November 2018 (EST)
- The original reason for making the colour bars part of the image was to stop good-faith-bad-knowledge users from easily changing them from "correct" to "what I think makes sense" (like, in SSB4, changing Charizard's yellow colour from "orange" to "yellow" even though "orange" is the in-game value). Toomai Glittershine The Rainbow 06:58, 21 November 2018 (EST)