User talk:Cookies and Creme
Sorry for taking your time but...
...whats the diffrence between Category:English smashers and Category:British smashers? 18.104.22.168 05:01, April 29, 2020 (EDT)
- Supposedly, English smashers are for players from England, while British smashers are for players from Great Britain as a whole. In other words, if we don't know where a smasher is specifically located, we use the British smashers tag. Unfortunately, currently both categories are a mess, and I don't think anyone had a chance to clean it out yet. CookiesCreme 08:42, April 29, 2020 (EDT)
Hey I just wanted to reach out and see if anything was being planned for Smash Bras Voyage tournament. If not I was going to try to start create pages for the series of qualifying tournaments going on at the moment. Wiifitkid (talk) 13:12, May 4, 2020 (EDT)
- Cookies is offline and he told me on discord (i'm now inactive) it's his last day of senior year of school. S3AHAWK (talk) 02:24, May 17, 2020 (EDT)
- I'm assuming this is applying to secondaries, since most smashers only have 1-2 characters they seriously use. I always put secondaries they consistently use first, then characters they have dropped after that. Any other character such as characters they constantly use for sandbagging should go at the end. CookiesCreme 15:32, May 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Sure, just tell me on Discord, although I don't plan on getting NSO as of right now. CookiesCreme 14:42, May 29, 2020 (EDT)
Since I lost access to discord
I was going to mention in the dm but since I can't, I'll just say it here. From what I see I agree that the best for me to do is indeed to take a break from this wiki. But I'm not leaving the wiki forever, in fact I won't be gone for that long, probably for about a week or so. I was actually planning to take a break from discord as well (but not for 6 months) for a while. I am going to return to discord once the ban is lifted, and all I hope for now is for no one to hold a grudge against me for what happened, and once I do return to discord that I'll be accepted back and can show that I learned my lesson. OmegαToαd64 19:33, June 21, 2020 (EDT)
- As long as you learn from your mistakes and properly apologize, I believe everyone would eventually forgive you, even if it takes years. Good luck in the future mate. CookiesCreme 19:44, June 21, 2020 (EDT)
- My social media are mostly personal, so I don't really give them out to people other than acquaintances I know outside of the internet. Sorry about that. CookiesCreme 22:05, June 28, 2020 (EDT)
- I meant other smashers social media. S3AHAWK (talk) 22:12, June 28, 2020 (EDT)
i will eat you
The way that I've dealt with cases like these for years is:
1. Full DQ/Forfeit: If they didn't lose at all, it's okay to just put "(DQ)" next to their name without a note.
2. DQ in Losers: Since the implication is that they lost in Winners, obviously it shouldn't be considered a full DQ, so a note is fine.
3. DQ in Winners: I've noticed that you've been listing these as basically being full DQs, but I think this is misguided. There have been plenty of tournaments where a player was DQed in Winners but still played their Losers matches out (the most notable cases being Mango at Press Start and ZeRo at Final Battle, who both still ended up winning their respective tournaments). I think the "DQ in Winners" note should ONLY be reserved for cases like this. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 00:23, August 3, 2020 (EDT)
- That's fine. When I put DQ in Winners, I meant they DQ'd from Winners, thus a full DQ, but I do kinda see how that could be misguided as well. CookiesCreme 06:01, August 3, 2020 (EDT)
- No. I just changed your most recent one because you literally listed every newcomer's splash screen on that one simple Terry trivia. That's overkill. CookiesCreme 15:21, November 8, 2020 (EST)
What constitutes a minor glitch?
The reason you gave for the deletion of my Min Min T-Pose glitch article is that we don't need one for every minor glitch. The issue is that I don't believe that is a minor glitch. It is a consistently repeatable glitch that has the capability to soft lock the game if the players are not careful. I think the issue is that there is no clear difference between major and minor glitch explained anywhere on this site. The closest thing I can find is that minor glitches have small amounts of information and have been patched out. If that is the case, then there are other patched out glitches that have little information, such as the buster wolf freeze glitch, that still have articles up without issue. What this site needs is a dedicated section that clearly explains the criteria to be a major or minor glitch —Preceding unsigned comment added by The Other Jared (talk • contribs) 15:38, November 8, 2020 (EST)
- Quick thing, I wasn't the one who tagged nor deleted the article. I read it as a minor glitch because the deletion reason was "minor glitch. Already mentioned on T-pose article." As for the minor/major glitch distinction, there was a discussion on this a while back ago. It's probably better to ask Aidan, the one who submitted that proposal. CookiesCreme 15:46, November 8, 2020 (EST)
hi --SakuraiWhy 19:54, November 18, 2020 (EST)
- Hello. CookiesCreme 19:56, November 18, 2020 (EST)
- how r u --SakuraiWhy 19:58, November 18, 2020 (EST)
About Meden/Dream redirect...
Hey, we've been trying to clear up some confusion regarding https://www.ssbwiki.com/index.php?title=Smasher:Dream&action=history , our tournament result tables and PRs for Melee (dating back to 2015 even) suddenly got a redirect to Meden's page, this might cause some confusion since there are many pages which already got the 'Dream' link. Seeing as Meden doesn't use that tag anymore i don't see how he can claim this page as his own, creating a page seemed the most effective course of action, hmmm so, please don't revert any changes done to this new page unless you got a better reason to do so. t. Drm 11/19/2020 @ 5:48pm (UTC)
- Funny, I just posted something on your talk page about it. I redirected all those Dream links to Dream (Mexico) and made a page there. In the future, do that with other players who are linked to a different Smasher. CookiesCreme 12:52, November 19, 2020 (EST)
Thanks, will do! That was an edit by a friend. Didn't know pages could be automatically generated with results like that, and it seems the links were automatically fixed as well. Amazing! Sorry to bother you :p t. Drm 11/19/2020 @ 6:05pm (UTC)
- No problem. If you need anything else, you can just message me. CookiesCreme 13:07, November 19, 2020 (EST)
- No problem. If you need help, you should read SW:NOTABLE and SW:SMASHER or ask me for further questions. CookiesCreme 11:52, January 7, 2021 (EST)
New talk page
- What? Those were taken straight from kenshu's Smash.gg page. Unless you have proof that it's not the same person, I don't see how it's not real. CookiesCreme 12:23, January 16, 2021 (EST)
I understand constantly seeing grammar mistakes might be a little frustrating, but you could have at least provided more information to your advice than just "fix your grammer" (such as when to use certain punctuation). SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 14:18, January 31, 2021 (EST)
- To me, it just feels like he's not reading through his edits before submitting, but you're right I should've pointed out specific edits. CookiesCreme 14:21, January 31, 2021 (EST)
I know you (most of you guys, actually) don't really like me too much, but...
- These aren't "so-called" guidelines, they actually exist. Start by reading this first. Aidan, the Lovely Rurouni 18:28, February 20, 2021 (EST)
Since you're one of the few people I know of who is involved in the competitive side of the wiki I wanted to ask a couple things regarding Power Ranking images. The first is what category they should be listed under. From what I can see the majority use the same categories as the page they are used on (similar to Smashers). The second is about licensing. A lot seem to be unlicensed but the ones that do have the public domain license on them. I was going through the uncategorized file list and figured I'd leave licensing for another time, but may as well kill two birds with one stone and do both if possible. --CanvasK (talk) 13:40, March 18, 2021 (EDT)
- The majority of the PR images I took were either from Twitter or another social media site such as Reddit and SmashBoards via their region's accounts, so I'd assume they would be public domain. As for categories, I believe it's best to categorize them under their PR's category - for example This Maine PR would go under Category:American Power Rankings - in a similar vein to how tournament images are categorized under their tournament's category CookiesCreme 13:47, March 18, 2021 (EDT)
- Would this count as public domain? Seems user made would also apply and I've seen a few tagged with it. --CanvasK (talk) 14:21, March 18, 2021 (EDT)