- 1 Ally
- 2 Please give it some effort
- 3 Check your grammar
- 4 Notable players
- 5 Broken image links
- 6 Japanese templates
- 7 Note on your new Smash Ultimate additions
- 8 Your signature...
- 9 Use of preview
- 10 Your predicament
- 11 Updating images
- 12 About Ally's 2018 history.
- 13 SW:TALK
- 14 Kameme and Yoshi
- 15 About that tourney page you added.
- 16 Your signature 2
- 17 Smasher pages
- 18 Your edit summaries
- 19 Rollback misuse
- 20 Changing YB from "The World" to "Japan"
Just as a heads up, we don't need info on every single character Ally has ever touched in Brawl and Smash 4. If Ally never used a majority of them at least semi-seriously (for example, he barely ever touched Mario in Brawl), they don't belong on his page. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 16:13, 22 May 2018 (EDT)
Please give it some effort
- An info box ( A name and location alone tells us nothing. As a side note, adding an image placeholder is not permitted as it creates an undesired red link. Images must ALWAYS be uploaded first)
- A short paragraph summarising the smasher's accomplishments and the smasher themselves ( A single sentence will not cut it, even if a list of 'such as' names is included)
- Tournament results ()
Articles made with zero-effort usually get deleted quickly. I strongly suggest you add more information while you still can. If it gets deleted before you get to it, however, feel free to make the article again, but make sure you add more information next time. Thank you. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 20:26, 22 May 2018 (EDT)
Check your grammar
I've noticed that you miss the space bar after typing in a period (.) a lot. Are you okay? Please try to make sure you space your punctuation correctly. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 05:19, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
No problem, though please also try to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). Please be careful about your punctuation spacing, as I have had to go back and clean up after you for many of your recent edits. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 05:44, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
I need to poke you about this issue again. It’s especially important if you’re going to create entirely new pages. Please try to space your punctuation correctly, even if you edit on your phone. I do a good portion of my work on the phone after all. Keep up the good work regardless. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 09:46, 4 June 2018 (EDT)
For the record, not every player that is listed under a "professional" category for a player should go on the "notable players" section for character pages. Only the most notable of those players are supposed to go on there. Also, the "notable players" sections are specifically for results in singles as well. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 09:46, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
- ZeRo hasn't actually beaten Ally, Anti, or falln in sets with Cloud (at best, he's taken games in sets he's lost in). He did beat Dabuz with Cloud once, but that's the only (current) PGR win he has with the character. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 10:08, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
- Also, I wasn't specifically targeting your edits, I just removed all players whose only justification(s) for being on that list were being ranked on a PR (without any mention of who they beat), maining that character in doubles (a lot of players use Cloud in doubles and doubles is irrelevant to that list anyway), or simply using him as a secondary without a sigificant amount of really notable wins. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 10:16, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
If they are ranked PR. Thats mean they must have the ability or even defeat sb to do so. So please stop deleting everything before thinking. If you need the player who got beaten. I can add it. But just stop deleting everything. All you do is deleting. If you love deleting so much, why not delete the whole page. Delete the whole wiki... OK I should stop ranting. But next dont just delete everything because I might find prove and evidance for certain player to be able to list on that page. NaughtyPigMario (talk) 10:26, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
- Don't throw out accusations towards me just because I reverted your edits. First of all, not all PRs are created equally. There is clearly a difference between beating local-level threats and regional/national-level threats. Secondly, your grammar/punctuation needs work in a lot of your edits (what is "sb", for example?). Lastly, there was no reason to add every single Cloud player from the "Cloud professionals" category, since a lot of those include secondary/pocket/doubles only Clouds. All of these factors combined are why I reverted you... I didn't just do it without thinking. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 10:34, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
sb is just short for somebody. I guess whatever then. Probably not going to edit that much anymore. Because I either always edit wrong or not working. I shouldnt waste to much time on this. NaughtyPigMario (talk) 11:20, 27 May 2018 (EDT)
I know that you are an Ally fan, but please stop adding every pocket character he uses at locals on the "Notable players" sections. Locals by definition are not as notable as regionals or nationals. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 06:16, 4 July 2018 (EDT)
Please do not add image links before actually uploading the image. This creates a broken image link and these show up as an image error on the page, as well as an auto-category on Recent Changes that needs to be fixed. If you have an image to add, please upload it first, and then insert the link on the page. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 08:23, 4 June 2018 (EDT)
I'm curious what you're tring to do by making Japanese copies of some of our templates. Sure you can do whatever in userspace, but somehow I doubt that's the extent of your intent. Toomai Glittershine The Orchestral 10:36, 10 June 2018 (EDT)
Note on your new Smash Ultimate additions
Hey, I appreciate you adding in the new info from https://ssbworld.com/blog/248/smash-ultimate-changes-buffs-nerfs-so-far. However, please don't just copy paste word-for-word and put some effort into editing the points. If it's simply an info dump, you might as well stop updating and allow me to reword it all, since I'm spending my time doing that already. Archrelico (talk) 02:32, 14 June 2018 (EDT)
…as seen here, is unfortunately not acceptable. Please fix it at Special:Preferences by either checking the wikitext box, or by modifying the text within to be compatible with an automatically generated signature. Thanks! Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 02:56, 2 July 2018 (EDT)
Use of preview
You've been making lots of rapid-fire edits on Smasher:Daybreak. Please try to make your edits in one go. Thanks! Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 09:23, 11 July 2018 (EDT)
- You mean the "loss of session data" thing? Don't worry about it, just press "show preview" again and the changes will still be there. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 11:37, 11 July 2018 (EDT)
No, I think when I left the page too long, then I come back at the mobile web editing page. The page just refresh and loss the changes sometimes (before I hit the save button). It happens twice I think, and I just give up editing that page. GRAND DAD talk 11:52, 11 July 2018 (EDT)
- Ah, then your mobile device is just hard refreshing the page. What I would recommend is copying the entire contents of the page, placing it in some sort of note-taking app, and editing it there all at once, before going back to the page and replacing everything with what you've edited.
- On a side note, your signature doesn't comply with the rules; it also doesn't even link to your userpage, instead going to [User:Example|here]. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 11:56, 11 July 2018 (EDT)
I did some investigating, and it turns out that Smasher:???? is a blacklisted name. Not even the sysops can help with this, only the wiki's owner, Porplemontage, can override it. So what I've done is messaged him on Discord to get him to help out, and we'll see if we can get him to make the page for us. In the meantime, keep track of the pages where you insert PlayerUnknown, so that we may change these links later should Porple grant the override. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 09:00, 13 July 2018 (EDT)
I noticed that you were having trouble seeing the updated versions of images you just uploaded. This isn't actually a problem with the wiki and is instead a problem with most browsers. Your browser loads the last cached image on the page in order to save load time. Images with newer versions eventually update over time, but if you really want it to update quickly, then you'll have to clear your browser's cache. I would recommend simply waiting for your browser to recognize the new version, but that's up to you. I hope this can help you in future image uploadings. Pokebub (talk) 02:25, 22 July 2018 (EDT)
About Ally's 2018 history.
I just wanted to ask, is it really necessary to mention weeklies/locals when focusing on Ally's results so far? Events like those do not mean as much as nationals, and it only looks out of place paired with GENESIS or Hyrule Saga for example. And has he had the worst season of any PGR representative this season? Not trying to sound rude, but I noticed how that section seems a bit exaggerated, even if it is mostly true. Iridium77 (talk) 10:13, 22 July 2018 (EDT)
I don't know is he necessary the worst season out of all PGR player, but 2018 is obviously Ally worst year. He is being placed out of Top 8 so much. Well, in the page maybe I did edit some unnecessary stuff in there. GRAND DAD Fleenstones!? 10:18, 22 July 2018 (EDT)
Hey there, I saw that you deleted your talk page comment. I understand the reasoning behind deleting it (not getting any responses), but deleting talk page posts is actually against SmashWiki's talk page policy. It's nothing too major of course, just giving you a friendly reminder not to do it again. If you really do need to delete something, you can always just use strikethrough. <s> </s>. Example:
strikethrough Pokebub (talk) 03:29, 25 July 2018 (EDT)
Kameme and Yoshi
Kameme is not the best Yoshi just because Yoshi is next to his name on the PGR. It is well-known that Kameme is a Mega Man/Sheik dual main, and those are the characters who actually got him ranked; meanwhile, Kameme's Yoshi rarely ever nets him valuable wins and he loses with the character more often than not, especially in 2018. In addition, posting something like "Kameme got ranked on the PGR with Yoshi" is misleading since he beat absolutely no one of note with Yoshi during the v5 season. For ESAM and Samus, it's less misleading since his Samus has netted him wins, but he still goes Pikachu in 90% of his sets. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 05:47, 31 July 2018 (EDT)
- I think it's probably the same thing that happened with v3 with falln (Mii Gunner) and Elegant (Mario/G&W), who had those characters added next to their names despite not actually beating anyone with them. I'm still confused to this day about why PGStats added those characters for Elegant since I never once saw him use them at all during the v3 season outside of locals. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 01:45, 1 August 2018 (EDT)
Yeah, I am especially confused. What is the actual format behind this? Why isn't Ally Cloud ranked when he beat Wrath and Nairo Diddy isn't on old PGR either when he beat Salem? GRAND DAD Fleenstones!? 01:50, 1 August 2018 (EDT)
About that tourney page you added.
There are fake tourneys? I thought it was real. Since I even saw like results thread on Reddit. But I just found out about this and oh crap I saw ZeRo 's twitter and opps. GRAND DAD Fleenstones!? 12:34, 26 August 2018 (EDT)
Yeah, I remember ZeRo (I think?) noticing it, been none of this really happened. Some of the players there are real (like Ma-kun), but some of them really just come off as just fakes. Iridium77 (talk) 12:37, 26 August 2018 (EDT)
The gameplay you see there is real, but that's not ZeRo there. Considering how no top players made it clear they actually participated at all, that proved this to be fake. I don't blame you for being confused, but I would look and see if any top players have mentioned a tourney first before putting it here. Iridium77 (talk) 12:42, 26 August 2018 (EDT)
Yeah I guess I am an idiot, my heart was pounding like crazy after knewing it was fake. Yeah there can't be that much random upsets in a tournament with that many top players. And the bracket isn't even on the usual page like smash.gg and challonge. I guess I should be careful before trusting random events. GRAND DAD Fleenstones!? 12:46, 26 August 2018 (EDT)
Your signature 2
Your signature is required to clearly identify yourself by your username. Yours does not, please change it.14:01, 24 September 2018 (EDT)
- Please also make sure that your image is 20px tall maximum. To do this you need to specify the height (so if you wanted a max width of 23 and a max height of 20, its
23x20px. Thank you 14:12, 24 September 2018 (EDT)
Uh...Currently stole my mom's phone to use because mine got put somewhere (so annoying). Anyway, is the signature OK now? Or is it too long? Naughty🐽GRAND DAD Mr. No CCC Fleenstones!? 04:12, 25 September 2018 (EDT)
- I guess it's good, though yeah a little long. Go give your mom her phone back. 07:54, 25 September 2018 (EDT)
Is it possible that you put some more effort into creating new Smasher pages; by this, I mean put in some tournament results? Almost every time I see you create a new Smasher page you leave the "Tournament Placings" section practically blank, which means me or someone else has to fill it in later on; it does get somewhat irritating. If not, then could you please explain why you leave it blank? Thanks. SugarCookie420 (talk) 11:35, 18 November 2018 (EST)
You know what? Adding tournament results will take me a lot of time. I just don't feel like doing it for some reason. I know it is pretty bad. But maybe if I don't add tournament placings, I should just stop creating smashers pages from now on... Naughty🐽GRAND DAD Mr. No CCC Fleenstones!? 22:55, 18 November 2018 (EST)
- Honestly, it's fine if you create Smasher pages, but at least add one or two tournament results (eg, the one you took the Smasher from) as it would be easier to start looking for other tournaments in the future. I'm sorry if I sounded annoyed, that wasn't my intention. SugarCookie420 (talk) 18:51, 19 November 2018 (EST)
Your edit summaries
Can you try to write your edit summaries in English? The majority of the staff here understand English, and thus it would be hard to understand something in Mandarin (I can somewhat understand because of my heritage). I know English isn't your strong point, but a basic summary like "added category" works just fine, and if you have to you can you can use Google Translate. SugarCookie 420 21:27, March 20, 2019 (EDT)
- Oh, Actually English is still one of my few better subjects. I think there is some kind of Category button on the mobile website of SmashWiki Beta version (?). And I use it to add some categories, but it just automatically write edit summaries in Chinese for me for some reason (And I don't think I can change the words). Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 00:53, March 21, 2019 (EDT)
But according to SmashWiki:Rollback, it said something like reverting edits made that add players to notability sections of character pages without a description. But I guess he did add a random tournament description. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 11:50, June 19, 2019 (EDT)
- Tbh, that bit is more of an artifact from when there were major problems with players repeatedly being added for no reason, but even then, simply thinking that the evidence for notability is insufficient does not allow you to rollback, only undo. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 11:55, June 19, 2019 (EDT)
Changing YB from "The World" to "Japan"
I'm not sure why you think Joker gets to overtake YB on best Dark Samus in the world? Is it because he placed 9th at Low Tier City with Samus? That doesn't make him the best Dark Samus in the world. Also YB took 13th at Prime Saga, which was a much more stacked tournament then LTC was..
Also, YB is pretty much universally accepted as the best Dark Samus in the world in the character specific discord.