Peach Turnip change
15DollarsWentSouth Please show me what you base Peach's turnip knockback growth increase on. Do not show the part where Peach's turnip killed during Sudden Death. During Sudden Death blastzones come (visibly) closer, even Sheik's needles kill during Sudden Death, so this does not have to be a turnip knockback buff.
If you do not have any proof, I suggest the change be removed. -Unsigned
- For starters, do not use a character talk page as a means to call someone out, especially if you are leaving your post unsigned. With that said, Peach's standard turnips (the ones that aren't the "dot-eyes" and "Stitchface") deal extremely marginal knockback, even at extreme percents, like those in Sudden Death in all Smash titles prior to Ultimate. The zoom-in from Ultimate's sudden death has no bearing on the case I'm trying to make. The fact a standard Turnip actually was able to KO with a noticeable amount of knockback that we've seen from the footage available is a good indicator already. 15DollarsWentSouth 16:25, 19 November 2018 (EST)
Ah, sorry, I forgot to sign my post.
I don't know where you get the idea from that I'm "calling you out". It makes sense to address you because this is a change that you have added to the wiki. I'm simply asking you for your reasoning. This is not a personal attack.
Anyway, the zoom-in does actually have bearing on your case. The zoom-in is not purely cosmetical, it affects gameplay. Moves that would not kill at 300% in a usual match now will, because the boundaries come closer. In other words, if a move kills during Sudden Death, this does not have to mean the move would KO at 300% in a normal match. As such, a turnip killing during Sudden Death does not suggest a decrease in turnip KO knockback growth (nor any other move in the game). A similar case: at the Dutch Invitational in October, Sheik killed Cloud with a needle during Sudden Death, yet there are no reports of Sheik's needles have higher knockback growth. Sudden Death is not a reliable source for knockback tweaks. Meruuu (talk) 12:34, 20 November 2018 (EST)
The picture of Peach's alternate colors needs to be reuploaded as a png
Peach rare bug
Here's the adjustment for Peach in the 5.0 official patch note :
Peach Up Special Made it easier to hit multiple times.
But I don't know if the bug created in the 4.0 disappeared...
There are several trivia points that need to be purged
- Peach is the only character who faces Bowser Jr. without him teaming up with another character in her Classic Mode.
- Possibly due to Daisy being an Echo Fighter of her, this is the first Smash game since Melee to not include Peach's Daisy-based alternate costume.
- Peach is the only character who travels to Mushroom Kingdom in Classic Mode.
- Along with her Echo Daisy, Peach is the heaviest lightweight character.
- With the addition of the Peachette Spirit, Peach is one of the various characters who can appear in their default costume as a puppet in Spirit battles. The others are Mr. Game & Watch, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, R.O.B., Inkling, Robin, Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Fox, Pikachu, Wolf, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.
Should this piece of trivia be added:
- Peach being ranked as #13 according to Ultimate's roster, could be a subtle reference to how the number 13 is often considered as being unlucky according to superstition. This is fitting, since in most of her appearances, Peach is often kidnapped by Bowser, which really would be unlucky for her. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 18:05, August 28, 2020 (EDT)
- First off, sign your comment. Second, I don't think it's really notable because it's more likely than not just a coincidence. The Smash fighters are numbered based on their reveal, and Peach just so happens to be #13. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 18:21, August 28, 2020 (EDT)
- Absolutely not. In addition to Turtles’ reason above, the proposed trivia is speculative, which we don’t allow. Black Vulpine of the 🦊Furry Nation🐺. Furries make the internets go! :3 20:26, August 28, 2020 (EDT)
- Not to mention Daisy is also #13 due to being Peach's echo fighter, yet she has the brains to have only been kidnapped once, unlike Peach. Daisy is absolutely not an unlucky lady. Omegα Toαd 20:28, August 28, 2020 (EDT)