- 1 Hi there!
- 2 SSB4 coloration
- 3 SSB 3DS Trophies
- 4 Your alt costume edits
- 5 Hi!
- 6 SSBU Stage images
- 7 Mewtwo being confirmed before Pikachu
- 8 The Original 12
- 9 Images
- 10 Villager (aka Frank)
- 11 Pichu Info
- 12 Marth's color palette
- 13 Popo's parka color
- 14 EarthBound Workshop
- 15 Reverting
- 16 SSB4 costumes
- 17 Yoshi's Route
Welcome to our wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Read this first as it provides many great resources designed to help users get oriented with the wiki and become part of the community.
- Visit the recent changes to see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask at the help desk or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The community portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
In addition to reiterating the above point, you seem to be adding a great deal of information to character pages without citing your sources on the subject. Please go back and link to the footage or official screenshots where such content was confirmed, or it will be removed. Thank you. Miles (talk) 23:30, 13 June 2014 (EDT)
I apologize for having failed to initially provide links to the changes I have made. Although, a great deal of the information was already there. For example, under the list of what hasn't been changed for Mario, it said "all aerials". I simply specified what those aerials were. Regardless, I found footage of these aerials, titls, etc. and provided the appropriate links to the changes I made to Mario, Luigi, and Bowser. Again, I apologize for having not initially done so. --Nintendo101 (talk) 13:21, 14 June 2014 (EDT)
SSB 3DS Trophies
Hey the 101! I was wondering if you counted how many trophies were shown in the 3DS trailer, and if you did, could you tell me what the trophy count was?--Raph the Great (talk) 00:05, 5 August 2014 (EDT)
Hey, Raph the Great! I managed to count 115 different trophies in the trailer. Unfortunately, I was only able to properly identify what was on 111 of the trophies. THe video qualitity isn't great... However I definetly can verify that there were 115 different trophies. --Nintendo101 (talk) 14:41, 7 August 2014 (EDT)
Your alt costume edits
I don't understand what you're trying to do with the SSB4 alt costume page. First of all, why are you changing all the wording from "Based on..." to "It is based on..."? It's breaking consistency with all the other alt costume pages, and the only difference is that the latter is wordier. I also see a lot of adding unnecessary descriptions to several characters' default costumes, and it's of debatable relevance to note that a costume has only ever appeared in previous Smash Bros. games. And I don't see why your edit summaries claim to "remove irrelevant information" when you're adding just as much fluff. Extra references are good, but I don't see how your full-on rewrites are improving the page. Toomai Glittershine The Dispenser 13:16, 18 June 2015 (EDT)
Hello. I appreciate you contacting me with your concerns. I have always had a personal interest in alternate costumes and the details applied to them. However, I always found the page on alternate costumes to be inconsistent with their information, how they were written, vague, and lacked important information. I wanted to remedy that with what I personally thought was more clear. For example, it is irrelevant that Link wears a golden tunic in the Master Quest DLC for Hyrule Warriors because the yellow alt. he has predates it by several years and has nothing to do with it. It is for a similar reason that I specified it came from Brawl, so that no one would make an unnecessary connection like that in the future. The same can be said for the other alternate costumes to come from previous Smash Bros..
I added source references to other games and artwork for people who would want to know where these colors come from. I tried to think of the perspective of people who may not really play video games beyond Smash 4. Also, people were making claims without any referenced link to correspond with it. I found the necessary links.
I realize that some of my descriptions have longer wording, and probably could have been shorter and still say the same thing (i.e. "Based on.." to "It is based on..." doesn't improve much), but in the description of my changes I said I was improving the wording, not necessarily shortening it. I thought that the initial presentation was inconsistent, bullet-like, and looked somewhat sloppy as a result. I thought it would be best to have a unified sentence structure to make it look a bit more professional. For example, a proper sentence cannot start with "Based on...", which is why I changed it. So I don't feel like I've been adding fluff, but making things more professional.
- (Why I'm not fond of saying thanks after using the template, it's misleading. XD) I was mainly pointing out your edits on the Mario universe page, which was cluttering the RC. Disaster Flare (talk) 03:01, 23 December 2015 (EST)
I am going to need to poke you about this again. These days, you can generally ignore the over 32kb message and just simply say that if you have many edits to make on one page, then edit the whole page instead of individual sections. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 22:46, 30 April 2018 (EDT)
SSBU Stage images
Having trouble with the image uploader, but I saw you uploaded some of the images currently on the page. This link https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8qsdi2/i_extracted_all_of_the_background_images_from_the/ has a list of images extracted from the main website that would do well to unify the wiki page until there's a better option, and fills in quite a few of the gaps.
- Good to know. Thanks! Nintendo101 (talk) 00:21, 17 June 2018 (EDT)
- After looking at the images, I personally do not think using the background images from the Smash site is as good of an idea as the screenshots. The largely do not showcase the stages very well and the color is distracting, even if temporary. The only stages known for the game that are lack screenshots and photographs elsewhere are Venom and Gerudo Valley. Everything else is accessible elsewhere. I don't feel too strongly either way, but I just wanted to get that out there. We have seen most of these stages before anyways. Nintendo101 (talk) 00:27, 17 June 2018 (EDT)
Mewtwo being confirmed before Pikachu
Where can I see proof of this Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 11:18, 18 June 2018 (EDT)
The Original 12
- Yellow! I personally would not label their availability as "starters". I think the E3 presentation was a little ambiguous: is it just the original 8 who are unlockable or the original 12? I don't think we'll know this concretely until we're closer to launch. In the meantime, I wouldn't give Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, or Puff any specified availability. Nintendo101 (talk) 22:22, 19 June 2018 (EDT)
- Oops. Whelp, I guess I should stop uploading them, then! Thanks for the head's up. Nintendo101 (talk) 01:15, 20 June 2018 (EDT)
Villager (aka Frank)
How would you know his name's not Frank? 188.8.131.52 01:33, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- Villager has no name in Super Smash Bros., nor does he have a canonical name in the Animal Crossing series. You would need a reference or a citation as poof otherwise, and given you likely added "Frank" as a joke, I'm inclined to think you won't find one. Please do no vandalize our pages. A lot of people take time and work out of their schedules to prevent good information for others. You are the antithesis to their contributions. Nintendo101 (talk) 09:25, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
I added the info about Pichu because it was in his info page for Melee, so I figured it should be added since it does apply to Ultimate.
- Hi! There's nothing wrong with adding trivia, but if the info is equally applicable to both Smash entries for Pichu, it should probably be moved to its character page instead. Nintendo101 (talk) 23:25, 26 June 2018 (EDT)
Marth's color palette
Hi. In Genealogy of the Holy War, partner units are green, and neutral units are yellow (the reverse of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn). Examples of a partner unit are the paladins that accompany Lachesis in Chapter 2. Please see fireemblem:Unit. I am a sysop at Fire Emblem Wiki, so I think I know what I am talking about. Neither green nor yellow matches Marth's black color, anyway. PikaSamus (talk) 22:24, 2 July 2018 (EDT)
- Hi, PikaSamus. I was clearly misinformed. Thank you for enlightening me. I trust that you know your stuff. I think we've actually spoken before on the FE Wiki on potential gallery revisions. Would you mind removing the assertion for Marth's black alt on all of the alternate costume pages? I would myself, but I am currently in transit. Nintendo101 (talk) 10:26, 3 July 2018 (EDT)
Popo's parka color
Your response to my edit was incredibly arrogant. His parka is blue as described by the games themselves. The main article on this very wiki even describes the parka as blue. There is no disputing this. Wiki articles have always tried to be as accurate as possible. If what you say is true, then why does anyone have the right to undo edits anyway? Should I just go in and label Mario's default costume "Green" since accuracy doesn't matter? The attitude here seems to be that my edits amounted to vandalism even though I had a solid basis for each of them. I was trying to be helpful, but I guess I won't make that mistake again. 184.108.40.206 14:48, 8 July 2018 (EDT)
- I apologize if my revision came off as arrogant, as that was not my intended tone. Maybe we just perceive color values differently. When I look at Popo, his parka looks purple. If I were to illustrate Popo, I would not use a shade of blue. I would use purple. If we were to put it to a vote, and the community's consensus was that Popo's parka is blue, then I would leave it alone. However, as Toomai pointed out yesterday, the names of the colors right now are all tentative until Ultimate is released. I will say, however, that your comparison to Mario is not founded because he is red. A more accurate comparison would be if Mario's trophy describes him as "green" despite the fact that he is not. We would still call him "red" because SmashWiki is not official and we could tell just by looking at him that he is not green. For Popo, I think it is notable that the purple parka was used as the blue team costume in Melee, but the dev team included an original blue alt in Brawl for the Blue Team. If the default color of Popo's parks was truly rationalized as "blue", they likely would not have created a new blue alt for Team Battles.
- I personally did not consider your contributions to be vandalism. I would be surprised if any user did because SmaskWiki policy dictates that we assume good faith. Your revisions seemed justified and well-thought out, and I am sorry that you are feeling frustrated by the fact that they were not being kept. I think part of the issue is that longtime users, including myself, are overly protective of the alternate costume pages because they have been subject to rampant, legitimate vandalism in the past: people assigning DK's blue alt to an obscure computer mascot, assuming purple Dark Pit was the Eggplant Blizzard. Assuming purple Charizard was Ridley. The literal insurrion of memes in the article. It just gets out of hand. I think you are a fine user, and I encourage you to continue contributing the wiki - maybe with your own username. Nintendo101 (talk) 15:48, 8 July 2018 (EDT)
You have some entirely incorrect information in there. The Franklin Badge reflects projectiles and items, it has never absorbed them. I didn’t change it because it’s your user space, but what you currently have is complete misinformation.
- I appreciate your interest and correction, but not your tone. There is a polite way to suggest a change. Thank you. Nintendo101 (talk) 13:40, 28 September 2018 (EDT)
Hi, when in disagreement with other users about an edit, don't keep reverting like here-- discuss with them on the talk page instead. Please see SW:1RV. Thank you. – Emmett 08:11, 17 October 2018 (EDT)
Maybe they're not CANONICALLY dinosaurs, but since dragons are based off lizards (despite that Charizard's only a dragon in it's Mega X form), not to mention they all have scaly skin (a common characteristic reptiles actually HAVE), aren't they all canonically qualified as reptiles in the animal kingdom? --NinTylo (talk) 01:03, August 3, 2019 (EDT)
- My argument wasn't that Ridley is based on a dragon and is thus not a dinosaur. My argument was that pterodactyls are not dinosaurs. I am a biologist and I work as an animal taxonomist off of SmashWiki. For paleontologists and people who study reptiles, "dinosaurs" are only animals that fall within the orders Ornithiscia (which includes animals like Iguanodon and Triceratops) or Saurischia (which includes Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurs rex, and Brontosaurus). Pterodactyls fall within the order Pterosauria, which represents a different branch on the tree of life. It's a common misconception since pterosaurs lived during the time of dinosaurs and a lot of public literature use to incorrectly conflate the two, but more recent books are getting better at it. I even see recent children's books on dinosaurs clarify that pterosaurs are different creatures from them. I think this article by LiveScience sums up the situation nicely, but further reading is available on Wikipedia. Nintendo101 (talk) 21:08, September 4, 2019 (EDT)
- I agree that all of the opponents are based on reptiles and that was a clear theme they were trying to go for (sans Ivysaur, whose evolutionary line is based on frogs as confirmed here and here), but none of them seem to be based on dinosaurs specifically.Nintendo101 (talk) 21:13, September 4, 2019 (EDT)