The Destroyer Cometh
|The Destroyer Cometh|
|Official description|| The dark king and his brood have come to destroy Skyworld! Take them out before they smash up all of the terrain!|
An evil king and his lackeys have come to destroy Skyworld! Take them out before they smash up all of the terrain!
|Character(s) used||Palutena (2 stocks)|
|Opponent(s)||Giant Ganondorf (1 stock)|
2 Ganondorfs (1 stock)
|Music||Lightning Chariot Base|
|Availability||Clear The Original Heavyweights|
|For reward||Clear within 45 seconds.|
Escape Artist Sandals
The Destroyer Cometh is a single-player event match in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. In it, the player controls Palutena, and must defeat a giant Ganondorf and two other Ganondorfs before they break all the ground. The terrain will not restore once it is destroyed, like it normally does.
This event is unlocked by clearing The Original Heavyweights. Completing the event unlocks the up and down paths.
- Up path: Awards a Crazy Orders Pass. Leads to All-Star Battle: Regulars.
- Down path: Leads to The Demon King and the Goddess.
Completing the event within 45 seconds awards an Escape Artist Sandals equipment.
- The music used in this event, Lightning Chariot Base, normally plays on Palutena's Temple, rather than Skyworld.
- The goal of this event is an inverse of Event 4: Cleaning House in Skyworld where instead of destroying the breakable platforms, the player must prevent their destruction. Additionally, the player also must KO the opponents.
- The event's name translates to "The Destroyer Comes" from Old English.