List of SSB4 trophies (Yoshi's Island series)
The following is a list of the 5 trophies from the Yoshi's Island series that appear in Super Smash Bros. 4. There are 2 trophies shared between both versions of Smash 4, 2 that are exclusive to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, and 1 that is exclusive to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
As dependable a partner as one could hope for, Yoshi often aids Mario in his adventures. Yoshi can swallow just about anything and make an egg of it instantly. He's got some serious airborne power, making launching opponents skyward and then following up with more attacks a wise choice.
They say man's best friend is a dog, but Mario's may well be Yoshi. He lives on Yoshi's Island, and can swallow up just about anything, then lay it as an egg. In this game, jumping is his forte – he can leap really high, then quickly land again, making chasing after launched opponents and getting in sneaky follow-up strikes easy.
|15. Yoshi's Island|
Yoshi's up special move Egg Throw is a projectile attack that travels farther the longer the button is held. Yoshi will also rise a bit if this move is used in midair. The side special Egg Roll turns Yoshi into a rolling, damaging egg. Yoshi won't roll off an edge if no directions are pressed.
Yoshi's up-special move Egg Throw is a projectile attack that travels farther the longer the button is held. Yoshi will also rise a bit if this move is used in midair. The side special Egg Roll turns Yoshi into a rolling, damaging egg. Yoshi won't roll off an edge if no directions are pressed.
When you use the Egg Throw up special, how far Yoshi throws the egg depends on how long you hold the button. In mid-air, the move also makes him rise a bit. Egg Roll, a side special, sends him rolling inside an egg. If you don't control him while he's rolling, he'll stop just before he rolls off the edge of a platform.
|15. Yoshi's Island|
This enemy from the Yoshi's Island series is basically a Shy Guy with a propeller on its head. It hauls items with it as it flies, so chase it down to claim a reward. Usually it's just food, but sometimes one will have some better prizes. You could say these ones are...pretty fly for a Shy Guy. No? Never mind.
This enemy usually appears in Yoshi's Island. It's basically a Shy Guy, but with a propeller on its head, sooo...you could say it's pretty fly for a Shy Guy. No? OK, then. They fly around overhead with items that you'll want to get hold of! Usually it's only food, but just sometimes they might be carrying something even better...
|Yoshi's New Island||Series Related||
One day, Baby Mario came floating down from the sky, dropped by the stork carrying him. But what happened to Baby Luigi? Does this whole affair sound familiar? Looks like it's up to the Yoshi clan to help Baby Mario out! It won't be easy, though—not with Baby Bowser involved.
One day, Baby Mario came floating down from the sky, dropped by the stork carrying him. But what happened to Baby Luigi? And why does this whole affair sound so familiar? Looks like it's up to the Yoshi clan to help Baby Mario out! With that little scamp Baby Bowser involved, though, it's not going to be easy...
Wii U version
|Super Dragon||Final Smash||
Wings sprout from Yoshi's back, and he transforms into a super-cool dragon! While transformed, Yoshi is invincible and will constantly breathe fire. He can also ram into foes and shoot fireballs at them. The fireballs are great for launching foes and most powerful when used at close range.
A pair of wings appear on Yoshi's back, turning him into an angelic dragon. While the Final Smash is active, he can fly freely through the air, and is invincible to boot. He constantly breathes fire, can ram into opponents, and can also shoot fireballs that deal a lot of damage and have great launching power, especially at close range.
|15. Yoshi's Island|
- The trophy description for Fly Guy references the song "Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)" by American punk rock band The Offspring.
- The Kamek and Baby Mario trophies appear in the Mario category, even though they appear in the main Yoshi games and Mario spin-off games, though the former has recently played antagonistic roles in the mainstream Mario games and both their debut game, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, is considered by Nintendo to also be part of the main Mario series. Despite this, however, Yoshi's trophies are not in the Mario category, even though Yoshi himself is part of the Mario series.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Yoshi, Final Fantasy, and R.O.B. are all tied for being the universe represented by a playable character with the lowest amount of trophies total, each having only 3.
- Unlike the latter universes, Yoshi is the only one of these three to have all its trophies featured in any Trophy Box section, in this case Yoshi's Island.
- It is also the only "Original 10" universe to have all its trophies featured in a Trophy Box.
- The Yoshi universe is one of the few series to have fewer trophies overall between Brawl and for Wii U.
- Despite this, all of the Yoshi trophies from Brawl return in some capacity all on the 3DS version, albeit the Baby Mario and Baby Peach trophies have been recategorized as Mario trophies.
- Because of this, this is the only game that Baby Mario is not part of the Yoshi universe.
|Trophies by series|
|Melee trophies||Mario · Yoshi · Donkey Kong · The Legend of Zelda · F-Zero · Star Fox · Metroid · Kirby · EarthBound/Mother · Fire Emblem · Pokémon · Ice Climber · Game & Watch · Others · Super Smash Bros.|
|Brawl trophies||Super Smash Bros. · The Subspace Emissary · Mario · Donkey Kong · The Legend of Zelda · Metroid · Yoshi · Kirby · Star Fox · Pokémon · F-Zero · EarthBound/Mother · Ice Climber · Fire Emblem · Kid Icarus · WarioWare · Pikmin · Animal Crossing · Game & Watch · Others · Metal Gear · Sonic the Hedgehog|
|SSB4 trophies||Super Smash Bros. · Mario · Donkey Kong · The Legend of Zelda · Metroid · Yoshi · Kirby · Star Fox · Pokémon · F-Zero · EarthBound/Mother · Fire Emblem · Game & Watch · Kid Icarus · WarioWare · Pikmin · R.O.B. · Animal Crossing · Wii Fit · Punch-Out!! · Xenoblade Chronicles · Duck Hunt · Others · Sonic the Hedgehog · Mega Man · Pac-Man · Street Fighter · Final Fantasy · Bayonetta|
|Fighter||Yoshi (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4 · SSBU)|
|Stages||Super Happy Tree · Yoshi's Story · Yoshi's Island (SSBM) · Yoshi's Island (SSBB) · Woolly World|
|Enemies||Shy Guy · Fly Guy|
|Trophies, Stickers, and Spirits||Trophies (SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Stickers · Spirits|
|Music||Brawl · SSB4 · Ultimate|