User talk:Trainer Alex
- 1 Dude...
- 2 Apologies
- 3 SSBU Luigi's Ftilt (replying here because it won't fit in an edit summary)
- 4 This
- 5 126.96.36.199
- 6 Slash
- 7 Wording on Jigglypuff's page
- 8 My bad
- 9 This
- 10 Stop edit warring
- 11 How can you just claim that the old are "better (and clearer)"? (Jigglypuff's page)
- 12 Oh, that
- 13 Super Sheet
- 14 This
- 15 Sockpuppets
- 16 Hero's fall speed
- 17 Dedede back air possible change?
- 18 Request on grab range.
- 19 One last move request (I hope)...
- 20 Thank you!
- 21 Spin shot issues
- Before you go and write messages on other users' talk pages, I suggest you actually take the time to read the edit summaries of the edits you are responding to. Your edit did not follow the Manual of Style, it restated already stated information, and you violated SW:1RV. Please take some time to rethink your behaviour on the wiki, as your attitude on your talk page and other users' talk pages has not been acceptable. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 17:36, March 11, 2019 (EDT)
What started information are you talking about? The page never included largely evidence based opinions in the article. Also, who do you think you are, talking to me about how I should talk to people. Hello, you are not my parents or even an admin.
- "Jigglypuff is currently ranked 55th out of 55 on the tier list, placing it at the bottom of the G tier and the entire tier list itself."
- Hey, no personal attacks. Also, please stop this rude behavior (Alex this is towards Dab). SugarCookie 420 17:46, March 11, 2019 (EDT)
SSBU Luigi's Ftilt (replying here because it won't fit in an edit summary)
Smash 4 Ftilt has 2 BKB and 100 KBG. On a target with 100 weight (I usually use Cloud), that starts tumbling at 77.8%, and according to the Sm4sh calculator, kills starting at 242.42% from the center of Final Destination (Wii U). I tested in-game to make sure and it's very close (no more than a 5% difference, and the red bolt appears later than the kill percent as usual), so the calculator is accurate. Meanwhile, his Ultimate Ftilt tumbles starting at 19.6% as I mentioned (also on Cloud, meaning it has a large increase to BKB), and starts killing at 211% from the center of FD, with the red bolt appearing at 221%. I didn't bother checking decimals, but that's still a substantial increase from 242.42%.
These results are from the latest versions of both games, obviously. That said, I can't see how you're getting a different result. If you're still doubtful, you could maybe ask a dataminer for Luigi's Ftilt KB values in Ultimate. DracoRex, Creator of the Land 18:26, March 19, 2019 (EDT)
- I was using the Smash Ultimate calculator with the Smash 4 values (the website uses KH data and he hasn't added Smash 4 Luigi yet), and at higher percents the knockback dealt is virtually unchanged, and eventually even falls below the SSB4 value. It's possible that it KOs earlier in some circumstances, but it isn't reliably stronger like your edit would suggest. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 18:30, March 19, 2019 (EDT)
- Ok, I checked the Smash Ultimate calculator, and with 9% damage and the same KB values as in Smash 4, it says it kills at 215.94%. With 8% damage (Smash 4's), it kills at 239.58%. Still increased power compared to the Smash 4 version. My point in the page was that his Ultimate Ftilt in general still KOs earlier (and by a substantial amount) than his Smash 4 one (with the Smash 4 values). The 'nerf' you added implies it still KOs at the same percent as in Smash 4. Maybe that's not what you meant, but the line needs changed either way since it's erroneously labeling something that isn't a nerf (because if it doesn't KO later than in Smash 4, it's not nerfed) as one. DracoRex, Creator of the Land 18:44, March 19, 2019 (EDT)
To my knowledge, it was changed - somewhere out there in the big wide world of the internet exists a video showing that it can't be done anymore. Maybe it got changed, I don't know (and I don't have any way of confirming it right now), but I'm fairly certain it's no longer doable. Aidan, the Springing Rurouni 15:00, April 11, 2019 (EDT)
- I'm running 2.0.2 and I literally just checked it, it still works. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 15:02, April 11, 2019 (EDT)
- I am aware, but I'm not sure if we have enough evidence just yet. It will be interesting to see how he responds, if at all. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 12:14, April 17, 2019 (EDT)
Hi there. I've noticed you think Incineroar's forward tilt in Ultimate causes the slash effect even thought the slash indicator is not seen? What makes you so sure about that? Juju1995 (talk) 11:28, April 19, 2019 (EDT)
Wording on Jigglypuff's page
Hey, I've been trying for a while to make the same type of change have consistent wording across all fighter pages.
The wording I reverted it to on Jigglypuff's SSBU page was the one I changed it to for other pages too and because I don't want to look through every fighter's page again to look where I used it but still wanna keep it consistent, I was wondering if you really can't accept it.
Because the one I use technically has more information than yours. It says reduced startup, same endlag and reduced duration. Yours just removes the clarification on the endlag being the same. Otherwise it's the same.
I saw the changes on the Peach Bomber page. My apologies. I didn't know that "rear" was the preferred term. Now that I know, I won't try to change it anymore. Now that I look back, it does seem strange for me to use anatomical body part names for Nintendo characters. LOL 😂. Well, have a good one, and keep up the good work. Thecontributor22 (talk) 01:27, May 26, 2019 (EDT)
- In your opinion it goes against policy, but this is somewhat of a gray area and I have yet to see a convincing argument from you that it really does violate policy. That's what you're supposed to be arguing for but you're not doing so. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 12:53, June 8, 2019 (EDT)
- It is specifically an admin's job to interpret policies, currently, all admins involve agree that using the names goes against policy, so it does. 12:57, June 8, 2019 (EDT)
- Sorry...I didn't think to check the page history so I didn't realize I was overwriting your edits. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 15:18, June 25, 2019 (EDT)
How can you just claim that the old are "better (and clearer)"? (Jigglypuff's page)
Like, that does not make sense to me. It said that the knockback scaling of a move that clearly deals no knockback was increased. Even if it's programmed like that, it's not actually knockback so that will just cause confusion for no reason. Then I removed the unnecessary info that "the hits" have less startup lag (because what else could have less startup lag? It must be the hits, so mentioning it is not necessary) and I even specified that even with mashing Jigglypuff is safe, which is important in practice but you just undid it even though it's correct.Ray001 (talk) 15:02, July 5, 2019 (EDT)
- The move carries out the knockback formula as normal, it's the sleep effect that puts characters to sleep rather than launching them, much like how the bury effect buries opponents but knockback is still dealt, it's just expressed differently. The rest of the wording just came off as confusing. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 15:05, July 5, 2019 (EDT)
Yeah, that's me, I mainly wanted to use the account to keep track of something and do real edits as an IP.
I'll log in, though. Sorry for the trouble. 188.8.131.52 16:02, July 21, 2019 (EDT)
So is there a change in Super Sheet between updates? I may have jumped the gun on the other reversions (though I'm sure Ness's PK Flash wasn't changed in 1.1) but I've seen reversions over Super Sheet's multiplier and properties similar to the ones the IP added. CookiesCreme 11:41, July 25, 2019 (EDT)
- The reflection hitbox was known to be changed, but the values weren't known. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 11:42, July 25, 2019 (EDT)
- Oh, this must be what confused me . I just remembered that an IP kept trying to change the name... Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 17:47, July 30, 2019 (EDT)
For your information I'm not a MM3 sockpuppet, this guy has been irritating me for the past few months with his edit warring. I'm the other person who got mad at him a few months ago and then apologised, my internet makes a new IP everytime I turn it on. Now call me memoryman all you want, I don't like this fake accusation. --184.108.40.206 15:08, August 9, 2019 (EDT)
- Perhaps we should look at the facts. You have similar behaviour on the site as MemoryMan, you have a similar attitude towards Zakawer, you both put 2 hyphens before your signature, and your IP changes very dramatically, which is not typical of what happens with ISPs. I'd also like to add that even if you are not MemoryMan, your behaviour on the site is still unacceptable, and I would strongly recommend you have a read of our policies, particularly regarding use of talk pages. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 15:40, August 9, 2019 (EDT)
That doesn't prove anything and regarding the talk page issue what exactly did I do? I was warning him that of his stubborn behavior regarding edits. How does that infringe talk page policy? --220.127.116.11 15:49, August 9, 2019 (EDT)
Hero's fall speed
I am sorry man but you can't keep reverting my edit without providing a counterfactual source that Hero's fall speed is increased by that much (instead of decreased). I even went in training mode to check empirically and you could tell with the naked eye that he obviously doesn't fall faster than Fox. Still, I am willing to accept I am wrong if it is factual evidence that I am, but so far you haven't provided any, while I did provide a source that his fall speed is decreased. Rdrfc (talk) 07:01, August 27, 2019 (EDT)
- Your source is blatantly wrong, and in fact he does fall faster than fox, he just has a lower gravity stat so it takes him longer to reach that speed. The fall speed data was found using wind zones (1 unit of wind strength = 0.02 movement speed) and floaty jump equipment to half Hero's fall speed. The value I got was as near as makes no difference 50% greater than his base fall speed (and since all of the other movement values were multiplied by a 1.d.p multiplier it's fair to assume that the fall speed multiplier is in fact 1.5x). Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 07:32, August 27, 2019 (EDT)
Dedede back air possible change?
Hello Alex! I've recently seen many of your changes to King Dedede's SSBU page. Now this topic isn't entirely about what you added but just a conversation about other things too. I remember in Smash 4 when Dedede's shorthop bair allowed the player to jump before touching the ground. But that no longer seems to apply. I couldn't find any info regarding this topic so I would like to ask you if you know any possible reasons why this could be the case. --18.104.22.168 00:56, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
- This would most likely be a consequence of his higher gravity stat. Because of it, he lands from a short hop 2 frames sooner, but Bair's ending lag wasn't reduced, so he's no longer able to do so. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 04:15, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
- Wow you've already changed the web page.
--22.214.171.124 23:04, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
Request on grab range.
Hello Alex! This is the same person who contacted you about Dedede's back air! (I finally made an account) I checked out your user page and you typed "I test stuff a lot, so if you ever need anything tested, let me know (because testing stuff is my life)." So I would like to make a request on every character's grab range ranked. I would like to see these rankings because I know a good amount of characters had the grab range changed. So, do you think you're up for the task? BTW, I sent a friend request on discord if you want to talk more there. --Thermallax (talk) 20:31, October 6, 2019 (EDT)
One last move request (I hope)...
Sorry to bother you yet again about this, but... Kuome & Kotake's page still needs one last move. It should be Koume & Kotake; the first witch's name is currently spelled incorrectly. --PeabodySam (talk) 14:15, November 30, 2019 (EST)
- Geez I'm really off my game today. Hopefully this will fix everything... Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 14:18, November 30, 2019 (EST)
- Well... copy/pasting the article is certainly one way to do it. I couldn't make the move myself due to the preexisting redirect causing move conflicts, and I figured we'd want to retain the page's edit history, but... hey, it works. Thanks for your help, and (again) sorry to keep bothering you! --PeabodySam (talk) 14:21, November 30, 2019 (EST)
Spin shot issues
Hi trainer Alex, I have seen that you listed my wiki in the delete page. I want to inform you that spin shot is an advanced technique, you probably think it is "spin jump" that is the regular sonic's side special but this is not, it requires a spécial input and is considered by the community as an advanced technique
My apologies for this, but this time it's not an error and you should read this another time to understand why
- I am well aware of what you are referring to, and it has been known about for quite some time. Even if it was deserving of its own article and not just a section in the Spin Dash and Charge articles, which I would argue it isn't, the article you have created is horrendously formatted and worded. I understand that this is not entirely your fault, but in its current state the article really isn't fit for the Wiki. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 10:14, December 23, 2019 (EST)
I can understand, so can you please telling me what needs to be changed ? I am not that experimented and I just want to progress and contribute to smash wiki Eknoa (talk) 10:28, December 23, 2019 (EST)