Bayonetta (SSBU)/Down special
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
This move is called Witch Time. She uses her magic to slow down time around an opponent who attacks her, but only slowing down the attacking opponent as opposed to all opponents. Functions as a counterattack. Its duration is dependent on several factors: the opponent's damage (more damage = longer duration), whether the attack was direct or indirect (indirect attacks such as projectiles result in a shorter duration), and frequency (using Witch Time too often will decrease the duration). However, if Witch Time is activated too late, then Bat Within is activated instead. Bat Within teleports Bayonetta in any direction, but unlike in the Bayonetta series, it halves the damage received, rather than negating it.
- Witch Time's duration scaling is lower (40 → 30).
- Witch Time's regeneration per frame is slower (0.04 → 0.03).
- A glitch with Witch Time has been created, with its slowdown duration now being capable of underflowing and becoming extremely long under certain circumstances.
- Fixed the Witch Time slowdown glitch.
- Witch Time has a longer counter window (frames 8-21 → 8-27) and grants more intangibility (frames 8-17 → 8-23). The Bat Within window takes place later (frames 18-29 → 24-35) without changing the move's total duration, reducing its ending lag.
- Witch Time regenerates faster (0.03 → 0.04).