Talk:List of rumors
- 1 Cleanup
- 2 This rumor inverse said about an anonymous 4chan user...
- 3 Cleanup vol.1: Ultimate
- 4 Another baseless theory to add to the Mr. Sakurai Presents Fighter 5 Theory section
- 5 The Milk-BOSATU leak
- 6 Link between Codenames leak and DLC characters?
- 7 5channel DLC leak section should be updated since Steve got revealed
- 8 Crash 5 Year Plan
With this clean start, I'd like to bump the cleanup project that got unanimous approval but no real progress. To recap: Rumors should only be listed once they are disproven, rumors should be written about from an objective, neutral standpoint with emphasis on citations, only the most notable rumors should be added. None of the Bigby Wolf or "Does not perform well in Autumn" nonsense. I'd like to get a discussion rolling on which entries are fit to take out, but I think it's a good time to move ahead with this. ~ Serena Strawberry (talk) 20:37, May 10, 2020 (EDT)
- Coming back to this, would we be okay with removing all speculative statements like this example from the Doom Mii Costume Leak, "However, the leak came to light in November 2019, so it would be odd if the costumes in it were finalized nearly a year before their addition." Statements like this are purely speculative without any factual basis, and clutter the page. Would be best to keep the page as factual and unbiased as possible. 22.214.171.124 03:32, October 2, 2020 (EDT)
- No. Sorry. Reminder: this is all speculation and this was a 4Chan thread with no credibility. --Tailikku (talk) 17:20, May 25, 2020 (EDT)
- Addendum: It wouldn't matter anyway since the trailer was for Min Min and never took place after Ken/Incineroar.--Tailikku (talk) 19:24, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
Cleanup vol.1: Ultimate
Taking note of Serena Strawberry's cleanup project for this page, some editors including Serena and myself have taken note of which rumours in the Ultimate section are fit for removal. After discussing what contributes to making these rumors fit for removal while considering the principles proposed above by Serena, these are the rumours we have decided should probably be removed:
- The Loz18 rumour
- The NeoGAF rumour
- The amiibo unlock rumour
- The 4chan render rumour
- The Japanese Fighter Playlist rumour
- The Adeleine rumour
- The 5channel rumour
- The IAmShifty and PapaGenos rumours
- The Sakurai Fighter 5 rumours
- All three rumours in the Fighters Pass 2 section (MandyCan, LoL, Ubisoft Club)
While I am recording this here more so for documentation purposes, and we are pretty certain these articles are fine for removal, whether they should be kept or not is a matter of open discussion. Acgamer28 00:14, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Partial Support For Adeleine, is guessing Hero and his alts and Banjo right big enough? I remember Dante being a popular rumor with Fighter 5, the one about Crash can be removed though. --Meester Tweester (talk) 01:27, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- I was initially thinking the same thing for Dante and the Fighter 5 rumours, but Aidanzapunk helped bring us to the consensus that the rumour was nothing more than out-of-control speculation, so despite its popularity we might be ok to not cover it here. Aidan also made note of the fact that the Adeleine rumours were confirmed by the poster to be guesses. Incredibly lucky guesses, but nothing more than that. These two rumours are cool and all, but these are the reasons why they're still on the chopping block. Acgamer28 02:07, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Changed to Support --Meester Tweester (talk) 02:32, June 25, 2020 (EDT)
- Loz18 had a reported correct leak that's on the leaks page so IDK how I feel about removing. Though, if there's a specific reason, I'm willing to hear it out.
- The sections on the NeoGAF rumor, the render rumor, the Iamshiftry rumor, the MandyCan rumor, and the LoL rumor have no explanation for their stay outside of "it got a few things correct", so those should go. The Crash one is probably in the same boat, but it at least has the leverage of the Mii outfits so IDK.
- amiibo unlock and playlist are iffy but I don't feel strongly one way or the other. They came from mostly official sources and just attracted mere speculation, though I kinda feel that's the whole point.
- Adeleine shouldn't even be on here if they admitted they were guesses, and it's not like the other rumors that we cover despite being admitted to guesses and hoaxes (the Palutena leak was considered leverage for the Gematsu leaks, the Lucina leak was notable for using mods, the Chunky Kong hoax started an infamous comparison to Bigfoot).
- The 5channel post section is just a mess ("not confirmed at the moment"? seriously?). If it's kept, it needs a pretty good rewrite, although any existing references to it (like on Vergeben's page) seem like they could easily be revised whereever needed.
- The Fighter 5 and Rayman rumors were just baseless speculation that didn't even garner much attention. Cut.
- And that's my gut judgement, folks. - EndGenuity (talk) 18:48, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Oppose I don't really see the need to do this.--Tailikku (talk) 18:54, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- @ EndGenuity: Loz having a correct, notable leak doesn't mean that a rumour of theirs is necessarily notable. Plus, aside from the rumour not seeming all to popular back then, Aidan had another bunch of reasons to support deleting it. The amiibo unlock rumours were based off speculation on something that was just.. wrong, and as the article itself states: nothing really came of the Playlist rumour, making it sort of pointless.
- Oppose I don't really see the need to do this.--Tailikku (talk) 18:54, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- @ Tailikku: I recommend you take a look at Serena's original proposal as it explains a lot of the core reasons that the whole cleanup notion came into being. Plus, from my perspective, this article is huge - and with how easy it is for misinformation to spread nowadays, it's not irrational to say that it's only gonna get bigger. Cutting off flak seems to be a good decision to me. Acgamer28 00:18, June 25, 2020 (EDT)
Support per Serena in his/her proposal and Acgamer here. 126.96.36.199 00:23, June 25, 2020 (EDT)
Another baseless theory to add to the Mr. Sakurai Presents Fighter 5 Theory section
People thought Sakurai’s 3 fingers alluded to Kingdom Hearts 3 or that Sora would be revealed in time for KH3’s ReMind DLC which released the same January. But neither went to anything as Sora wasn’t Challenger Pack 5. Becodro (talk) 10:53, June 30, 2020 (EDT)
The Milk-BOSATU leak
The article reads: "...on June 15th, 2019, he made another tweet claiming his sources came from his friend named Mr. H who visited Nintendo and saw the female character in development, claiming that she looks like she comes from a game of the fighting genre..." "...The next day, he made another tweet stating that she holds a throwing weapon like a hammer or a boomerang. Two days after that tweet, he followed it up with another tweet about the female character's model that Mr. H saw but she doesn't have color at all and he didn't see her face..." "...NOKOLO talked to Milk-BOSATU on Twitter via chat and he claimed that she wears Japanese clothes and she is possibly not Nakoruru from Samurai Spirits due to her lack of relevancy outside of Japan. Two days later, he made a tweet claiming that Mr. H doesn't know if the female character is Nakoruru or not and later claimed that they both share features that are common with each other..."
Then, it goes on to say that "On January 16, 2020, the final fighter of the Fighters Pass was revealed to be Byleth, confirm[ing] the leaker's information regarding the 5th fighter coming from an already represented franchise, Fire Emblem. However, although female Byleth is present as an alternate costume, the character's default costume is male, something that Mr. H did not bring up. Furthermore, much of the descriptions were inaccurate to Byleth's final design, although it may be because of a misinterpretation."
Excuse me? Am I the only one here who thinks that this person was probably talking about Min Min? It lines up WAYYY better, with the fighting genre, japanese clothing, already-represented franchise, throwing weapon and the fact that she's female. I don't know about you guys, but this makes much more sense than a slightly-misinterpreted female Byleth.
- It's most certainly not Min Min. "Mr. H" wouldn't know any character from beyond the first Fighter's Pass if they can't even correctly say anything about it outside Hero having no female alt (which frankly, was an easy guess unless you were hardcore on the fighter being Erdrick alone since majority of them do NOT have female alts), let alone back in December of 2018. Furthermore, Min Min is CHINESE and wears CHINESE clothing, not Japanese. AND, the fighter was described to have similarities to Nakoruru, which Min Min has none. Easiest solution? "Mr. H" actually made up this female fighter. Not confused it with Byleth or Min Min. (GoldenYuiitusin (talk) 20:44, July 18, 2020 (EDT))
- I don't know... I thought Nakoruru and Min Min looked at least a little similar, especially if, hypothetically, Min Min had no facial features or texturing. I also thought that traditional Chinese and Japanese clothing would look similar, and could've gotten mixed up. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I do also have a few reasons to believe that fighters may have gotten swapped around during DLC development. Sincerely, Samuel the Banjo-Kazooie Boss. 09:34, July 19, 2020 (EDT)
- It literally makes no sense for Min Min to have been planned for the initial Fighter Pass just to be "pushed" to Vol. 2.
- I would also find it COMPLETELY unreasonable to assume someone who is Japanese to confuse someone who looks absolutely nothing like Reimu or Nakoruru as being similar to them or confuse what is clearly Chinese clothing to their outfits. Even without texturing or facial features, there is no similarities whatsoever. Short answer; it isn't Min Min, and "Mr. H" never actually knew anything and only made a not-so lucky guess about Hero not having a female alt. To use Min Min as means to prove how he "could" have been legit is a longer stretch than even SHE is capable of. (GoldenYuiitusin (talk) 18:28, July 20, 2020 (EDT))
An ARMS character wasn't even considered until the second fighter's pass was confirmed, so I highly doubt that Min Min was the fighter that Mr. H saw. Also, why would Min Min be in development in 2019 when she wouldn't be released until a year later? CookiesCreme 18:40, July 20, 2020 (EDT)
- I'm, uh, not convinced either way at this point, but I'll drop the idea here. Sincerely, Samuel the Banjo-Kazooie Boss. 20:43, July 20, 2020 (EDT)
Link between Codenames leak and DLC characters?
- considering this page is only for rumors, I don't think that fact would be appropriate. Hitbox Enthusiast Zeck (talk) 20:34, August 16, 2020 (EDT)
5channel DLC leak section should be updated since Steve got revealed
Steve from Minecraft was revealed today as Challenger Pack 7 for Fighters Pass 2. This does not make the rumor any true but it should be noted that Steve had an inclusion a year later in the second pass.Becodro (talk) 20:20, October 1, 2020 (EDT)
Crash 5 Year Plan
I've added the Crash 5 year plan rumor as it has recently cropped up with "new" details including Crash for Smash. The 5 year plan was first publicly acknowledged in 2018, however only now are there reports of the plan involving Smash Bros. I think it'd be worth keeping this rumor on the page until its either deconfirmed or confirmed. The One IP Dude (talk) 05:18, October 6, 2020 (EDT)