Co-Op Event 14: The Dark Guardians
|Co-Op Event 14|
The Dark Guardians
|Official description||Two beasts appeared in the tyrant's town! How clever. See if you can't crush them.|
|Character(s) used||Tiny Ganondorf (1P) (1 stock)|
Tiny Wolf (2P) (1 stock)
|Opponent(s)||Giant Charizard (1 stock)|
Giant DK (1 stock)
|Stage(s)||New Pork City|
The Dark Guardians (暗黒のガーディアン, Dark Guardian) is the 14th co-op event match out of a total of 21 in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In it, a team consisting of a tiny Ganondorf and a tiny Wolf must work together to KO Giant Donkey Kong and Giant Charizard.
Names in other languages
|Korean||암흑의 수호자||Guardian of Darkness|
- This event is the co-op variant of Event 27: Three-Beast Carnage except with different assigned characters and the lack of Giant Bowser.
- Like with Event 8: Go! Triple Finish! and Event 27: Three-Beast Carnage, Charizard's Pokémon Trainer is absent from the background in this event.
- This event is again a reference to Event 25: Gargantuans (the 25th event in Super Smash Bros. Melee). However, Tiny Mario and Tiny Peach are once again absent. But it does pit against tiny characters like in the said Melee event. So the two players use the tiny characters (Tiny Ganondorf and Tiny Wolf) to KO Giant DK and Giant Charizard.
- Again, as with Melee's Event 25, like in Event 27: Three-Beast Carnage (which is in Brawl), the appearance of both Giant DK and Giant Charizard as giants on the stage New Pork City is a reference to the "monster" movies featuring giant creatures destroying major cities; such as the video game Rampage. Specifically, Giant DK and Giant Charizard as giants can be seen as references to King Kong (Giant DK) and Gorgo (Giant Charizard) from the movie King Kong vs. Godzilla respectively.
- In Ultimate's Classic Mode, both giant opponents fought in this event each serve as the final bosses of both Jigglypuff and Hero's routes respectively. Jigglypuff fights Giant Donkey Kong as a reference to his role in 1P Game in the original Super Smash Bros. instead of Master Hand while Hero fights Giant Charizard upon defeating Male Robin, both of which reference Dragonlord's two forms as the final boss of the original Dragon Quest.